2015 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Thank you, Charis and Gardener.  I've made four blocks in the first CAL, and I've squared up the Sophie.  I think Sophie makes any color combinations good, even using just one color.  I just wish we didn't have to wait 20 weeks for the end :lol

Here are my updated photos :)

Oh my! That Sophie is absolutely beautiful!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! There is some beautiful work going on!

I thought I'd share my simple little memory blanket. I made this for a friend who recently had a miscarriage.

post-21933-0-39736900-1425136689_thumb.jpg

Just a plain granny square. Wanted something I can finish in about a month and warm in my lap during the cold snap we are having.

Very nice. Love that color yarn.

WOW! There is some beautiful work going on!

I thought I'd share my simple little memory blanket. I made this for a friend who recently had a miscarriage.

attachicon.gifIMG_0985.JPG

How sweet!

What I am working on when it is to warm to have yarn on my lap.

It is going to be queen size for my water bed.

Nice, that will need lots of squares! :). I just looked at our weather. It's not going to be too warm to have yarn on my lap for a while yet.

Two baby blankets I've finished. Mary Maxim's Heart of My Heart and Baby Pineapples Blanket.

attachicon.gifheart of my heart.JPGattachicon.gifbaby pineapples blanket.JPG

Beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

A friend told me about the Sophie's universe CAL on Facebook a couple of days ago. Mup to that point I had assumed that such a gorgeous afghan was a pattern for sale. I don't mind paying for patterns, but I couldn't justify buying an afghan pattern when I have at least 4 afghans in progress. I started the Sophie's universe afghan yesterday, and am up to round 13. Mine is going to be scrappy, and I will probably only do part of the pattern and make it baby or toddler size. I'm using a variety of girly colors.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend told me about the Sophie's universe CAL on Facebook a couple of days ago. Mup to that point I had assumed that such a gorgeous afghan was a pattern for sale. I don't mind paying for patterns, but I couldn't justify buying an afghan pattern when I have at least 4 afghans in progress. I started the Sophie's universe afghan yesterday, and am up to round 13. Mine is going to be scrappy, and I will probably only do part of the pattern and make it baby or toddler size. I'm using a variety of girly colors.

Love to see yours.  

Archived