Crochet Today Magazine Cancelled

Bailey4

I was so disappointed when a strange magazine Mollie Makes arrived with a note stating Crochet Today was no longer being produced and they were substituting Mollie Makes a DYI magazine in its place for the remainder of my subscription.  Thankfully my subscription is shortly due to be renewed because I have no interest in this new magazine and I am still looking for a way to cancel it!!!

Be very careful with that.  When my subscription for Crochet Today was almost up, they my CC would be charged evey year.  I told them to cancel my subscription.  Which was a shame, as I loved that magazine, but nobody automatically charges my CC.

Now I am even more glad I cancelled.

I do hope you can get it cancelled.  I saw an add for that magazine, but was not impressed.

That's very sad  :(

I have to admit I haven't bought a copy for a year or so myself, but I thought they did a great job of having clear written patterns PLUS symbol diagrams, really more so than any other US magazine.  Sad to see the magazine go!  

I always paid by check so they have no automatic renewal options.  I always got a bill.

Be very careful with that.  When my subscription for Crochet Today was almost up, they my CC would be charged evey year.  I told them to cancel my subscription.  Which was a shame, as I loved that magazine, but nobody automatically charges my CC.

Now I am even more glad I cancelled.

I do hope you can get it cancelled.  I saw an add for that magazine, but was not impressed.

Unfortunately , my subscription doesn't end until October. I did try to download the free issue of Simply Crochet , but  my computer said that there was no such address .

This is a pretty sorry way to leave customers hanging. There is nothing in this new magazine that I want.

A while ago, I found, on another board I also belong to, questions about Crochet Today and the possibility of it being discontinued. When I called customer service about it, the young lady said they were just waiting for the final decision on what it was going to happen but did not have a definite date. I was buying it at Barnes & Noble, instead of a getting a subscription. I just checked the website for Crochet Today, clicked on Subscriber Services and the current issue shown was for Mollie Makes, US edition. I had seen this magazine also and was not impressed with it.

Crochet Today was reminiscent of the old Crochet with Heart by Red Heart. 

Roe

I liked Crochet Today a lot - seems the crochet magazines are disappearing again.  I enjoy the UK version of Mollie Makes - it comes with a small craft kit.  However, to subscribe it is over $100.  The new US Edition was okay, but not as good as the UK version in my opinion.  Mollie Makes really should include more crochet as that is what the people who purchased Crochet Today were purchasing it for or at least less advertisement and articles and more craft projects.

You can sign on to http://www.molliemakesusa.com And either contact them via email or call, as I did, at 1-866-805-0721 have your account #, zip code, last name, mailing address ready and they will cancel it for you takes 2-3 weeks to receive a refund.

thanx I did this yesterday-

I was not impressed with the magazine they sent me

You can sign on to http://www.molliemakesusa.com And either contact them via email or call, as I did, at 1-866-805-0721 have your account #, zip code, last name, mailing address ready and they will cancel it for you takes 2-3 weeks to receive a refund.

I received my refund today-

I really enjoyed the magazine

They have a crochet magazine: Simply Crochet.  Wonder why they didn't send you guys that. 

You can down load a free copy here:

http://www.molliemakesusa.com/simplycrochet/

I really like this magazine! (Simply Crochet) I downloaded the sample copy, and I'm considering getting the digital subscription!

Archived