Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

thank you guys.   I have decided that I need to just try to do what is normal.  That is crochet.  I find I am getting frusterated quicker and frogging more, but, it will all be good!!

So sorry

Diane, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi having trouble on the front. Do we read the instruction as is because row 21 and 22 don't work as I see it...thanks Stephanie

Please help!

Are you still having trouble with Rows 21 and 22?

When you finish Row 20, you're going to work a shell in the last ch-2 space, skip the remaining 3 dc of the shell  you just worked into, and you have 4 dc left to work into. You'll skip the first dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) into the second, skip the 3rd, and dc into the 4th.

On Row 21, you'll work (2 dc, ch 1, dc) in the ch-1 space of the V-stitch you made in the second of the 4 dcs at the end of Row 20.

On Row 22, you'll work shells in all the ch-2 spaces of the shells on the previous row, again skipping over the last 3 dc of the last shell you work into. You'll make a shell in the ch-1 space from the (2 dc, ch 1, dc) you made at the beginning of Row 21, then you'll make a dc in the top of the ch-3 that was at the beginning of Row 21.

Remember, the widest part of the back goes quite aways down your upper arm. It isn't meant to stop right at the top of your shoulder. :)

I've hit an obstacle and need some answers to help me continue. I've started and made it to row 6 but I am confused at this point (1 shell in each ch-2 sp to last 4 st) I completed, (sk dc, dc 1 ch dcin the next st. skdc, dc in last st) this indicates that I have 5 stitches left. there is only 4 not including the 3 from my shell pattern. Ive read the row instructions numerous times and I still cant figure out. Help Please!!

Having a hard time surfing the forum for this crochet a long please give me some suggestions...and if possible can i obtain a buddy that can answer some of my questions along my journey.  would really like to catch up..thanks

im also on facebook

That is very pretty Lonnie!  What does your back measure after the 3rd repeat?  I want to make sure that I've done it correctly this time!

I've got another row to do and I'll measure and take a pic then.  My gauge is pretty on target but it seems to be really wide.  Don't feel bad, I finished 27 rows and found out I was doing the "shell" all wrong and had to frog the entire thing, one whole skein worth!

I've hit an obstacle and need some answers to help me continue. I've started and made it to row 6 but I am confused at this point (1 shell in each ch-2 sp to last 4 st) I completed, (sk dc, dc 1 ch dcin the next st. skdc, dc in last st) this indicates that I have 5 stitches left. there is only 4 not including the 3 from my shell pattern. Ive read the row instructions numerous times and I still cant figure out. Help Please!!

Having a hard time surfing the forum for this crochet a long please give me some suggestions...and if possible can i obtain a buddy that can answer some of my questions along my journey.  would really like to catch up..thanks

im also on facebook

Post #253 contains a detailed answer to your question. :) I'm also going to add this information to Post #2, which contains all sorts of helpful notes for the pattern.

For those new to crochet-alongs, yes, the discussion thread can get a bit unwieldy, but it is your source for information.

Tips for Finding Answers in This CAL Thread:

1. Check Post #2: If several people have the same question, the answer is added to this post.

2. Scan the thread or use the advanced search box at the top of the page to look for MY posts, since that is where most of the answers will be found.

3. If you still haven't found an answer to your question, scan the entire thread to see if someone else provided an answer.

4. If you have read through the entire thread and haven't found an answer to your question, please post and ask your question.  We'll try to get an answer for you as soon as possible.

5. If you'd like to help make it easier for others to see what your post is about with just a quick glance, you can use a heading of QUESTION, ANSWER, COMMENT, or anything else you like as the first line of your post.

We have nearly 200 people participating in this crochet-along. Following the tips above will help us keep this thread manageable for everyone.

the link to the Asian Seaming tenchnique is sending me to a redirect page and not going any where else.  Wondering if the page might be down.  Did not get a chance to print it off before.

I've changed the link in Post #2 to a more permanent one.

Asian Seaming Technique PDF file

My fronts are shorter then the back. Wondering if anyone else has this problem. Or. I just crocheted tighter.

According to the pattern, there are fewer rows in the front panels.  And, yes, my front panels are working up shorter than the back.  Don't know if it's right, but that's the way it's working up.

I was finally able to get started on my cardigan last night and the pattern seems so easy I am concerned. I reread thru many posts and #2 post tips just to see if I have missed something or done something wrong. Seems so far I am ok hopefully. :clap  The yarn is nice and the pattern pretty. Hope I get plenty of time to work on it so I can catch up.

How many of you have encountered knots in this yarn? I have only just found the time to begin my cardigan so I am only in the 1st skein and have just been thru 2 places where my yarn is tied together. Not happy to say the least. I expect this kind of thing in cheaper yarns, but not in this one. :think 

How many of you have encountered knots in this yarn? I have only just found the time to begin my cardigan so I am only in the 1st skein and have just been thru 2 places where my yarn is tied together. Not happy to say the least. I expect this kind of thing in cheaper yarns, but not in this one. :think 

I'm on the 4th skein and have had 1-2 knots in each.

post-70534-0-53687700-1392750064_thumb.jpgpost-70534-0-56403800-1392750076_thumb.jpg

That is very pretty Lonnie!  What does your back measure after the 3rd repeat?  I want to make sure that I've done it correctly this time!

My width after the 3rd repeat, row 30, 24 shells is 29"  The length is about 16" or so.  if I let it hang from it's own weight the width goes to 28 and the length gains @ 17".

Archived