Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:(

Hey I've started on the panel and I'm already stumped and I can't go anywhere else I've lost my org. pattern.  I printed it off and lost all but the page I was working on and now I can't find it in my mountains of emails I have in my box.  Can you send me a copy of your pattern,,,  I need help on understanding what i'm to do on the panels.

Deena, since this forum can be read by anyone, I've edited your post to remove your email address and phone number, for security reasons. I verified your order and emailed the pattern to you again.

Please let us know if you have any problems after receiving the new copy of the pattern. If you're having a problem that hasn't already been addressed here in the thread, please post your question, and we'll do our best to help you as quickly as we can.

Ok here is my problem, This is the second row on the 1st   panel.  I have done the 1st row and I have done what it says on this row, except I here are my problems,  I assume you turn between the 1 and 2nd row then after the second shell on the 2nd roll what next?

do I just turn  go to ch 3 = where do i put that dc 

Row 2: ch 3 (acts as a dc) [1 shell in the next ch-2 space] twice, dc in the top of 

the turning ch. [2 Shells] 

Ok here is my problem, This is the second row on the 1st   panel.  I have done the 1st row and I have done what it says on this row, except I here are my problems,  I assume you turn between the 1 and 2nd row then after the second shell on the 2nd roll what next?
do I just turn  go to ch 3 = where do i put that dc 

Row 2: ch 3 (acts as a dc) [1 shell in the next ch-2 space] twice, dc in the top of 
the turning ch. [2 Shells] 

Help please, I can't move until someone helps me gett this panel started.

Hi Deena,

I'm not sure where your question is... the last stitch of row 2 or the first stitches of row 3....

Remember, I'm SO not an expert. I can only tell you what I actually did... and what worked for me.

At the end of row 2 I put the final DC in the chain stitch right after the final DC in row 1... It's the 12th foundation chain.

I wasn't sure what the "turning chain" was.

At the beginning of Row 3... ch 3 turn and DC in the last DC from row 2 (the one I just made).

I hope that makes sense!  Good luck.  This part goes much faster.

Kim

I got started on mine late, only because I had misplaced my yarn. :O I was in major panic mode and thought I was going to have to reorder. But, alas, I found it!!! I am loving the yarn, I got the Navy and it sure is pretty. My picture looks striped only because of the sun shining into the car :)post-51874-0-63374800-1396298834_thumb.jpg

Don't know where I've gone wrong, just finished the back and thought I'd followed the pattern correctly, but at the end of row 50 I'm left with 10 shells with 5 shells decreased on one side and 6 shells decreased on the other side so it doesn't square up, obviously not what the pattern says :(  

Did you figue this out? I have come to the exact same situation.

Deena, since this forum can be read by anyone, I've edited your post to remove your email address and phone number, for security reasons. I verified your order and emailed the pattern to you again.

Please let us know if you have any problems after receiving the new copy of the pattern. If you're having a problem that hasn't already been addressed here in the thread, please post your question, and we'll do our best to help you as quickly as we can.

Amy please let me know when i can expect my yarn,is there a problem

Deena, do you mean the pattern, and not the yarn? I'll send you a Private Message here with the pattern, just in case the email I sent with the pattern went astray.

I need help matching the front panels to the back. Cannot figure it out!

Here's how I did mine. I picked one front piece and attached it to the back, joining the side seam first. I think I worked from bottom to top. I clipped it together with stitch markers every so often, just to make sure everything was spaced evenly and didn't shift too much as I was working the seam. Then I joined the shoulder seam, working from sleeve edge up to the neck edge.

I didn't worry too much about how far along on the back piece the end of the front piece fell. I just made sure that the second side ended up in approximately the same place. You're going to work a neck edging, so nobody's really going to be able to tell if you're off by a fraction of an inch.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

C1an's nanna, on 02 Feb 2014 - 06:06, said:snapback.png

Don't know where I've gone wrong, just finished the back and thought I'd followed the pattern correctly, but at the end of row 50 I'm left with 10 shells with 5 shells decreased on one side and 6 shells decreased on the other side so it doesn't square up, obviously not what the pattern says :(

Please be sure to read through all the Pattern Notes I've made in post #2 in this thread, as it helps clarify a lot of the instructions. There are also some changes to the pattern.

You'll actually end the back on Row 49 instead of Row 50.

If anyone is having problems getting the right number of shells at the end of the back piece, let's see if this helps:

When doing the shaping, you'll be decreasing by one shell at the beginning of each row and by two shells at the end of that same row, for a total of 3 shells per row.

Row 41, before shaping: 28 shells

Row 42: 25 shells

Row 43: 22 shells

Row 44: 19 shells

Row 45: 16 shells

Row 46: 13 shells

Row 47: 10 shells

Row 48: 7 shells

Row 49: 4 shells

I need help matching the front panels to the back. Cannot figure it out!

Thanks for the help.  I actually needed to rework one of the panels.  I think I missed counted rows or something.  Once I did it again, I saw how they fit together.  I did the Asian Seaming last night.  Turned out great.

Now I am not sure how to do the "neck bottom edge".  No clue what that means!

"Neck and bottom edge" just means you'll be working all around the outer edge of the garment. For example, start on a front corner, go up all around the edge of the front piece, all around the neck edge, back down the edge of the other front piece, around the bottom edge of the back until you meet up again where you started.

The instructions for "Neck and bottom edge" are on the next page. When the doc was converted to a pdf, it put the page break in the wrong place.

"Neck and bottom edge" just means you'll be working all around the outer edge of the garment. For example, start on a front corner, go up all around the edge of the front piece, all around the neck edge, back down the edge of the other front piece, around the bottom edge of the back until you meet up again where you started.

The instructions for "Neck and bottom edge" are on the next page. When the doc was converted to a pdf, it put the page break in the wrong place.

That's what I thought.  It appears as if the first and second round is like the asian seam?  Why is that?

The odd rows of the trim are similar to the stitch pattern used in the Asian seam.

But in the even rows, you'll be working 3 dc into each of the ch-3 loops from the odd rows. The 3-dc groups will be separated by a chain, and you'll work into those ch-1 spaces on the next odd round.

Archived