Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

Hello, I think I am going to put a stupid question :loco , but I could not find any answers in the older postings of this CAL ...

I am starting the front panels. Have done row 1 and 2 and then it says:

"Repeat Rows 3 - 9 AS the back twice ..." Now English is not my mothertongue . Is it correct that I have to crochet rows 3 to 9 from the back panel? My question might sound silly :blush but I just wanted to know it for sure, to know that I interpreted correctly.

thanks for an answer. :ty

Greetings from Belgium (Europe) :hug

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I think I am going to put a stupid question :loco , but I could not find any answers in the older postings of this CAL ...

I am starting the front panels. Have done row 1 and 2 and then it says:

"Repeat Rows 3 - 9 AS the back twice ..." Now English is not my mothertongue . Is it correct that I have to crochet rows 3 to 9 from the back panel? My question might sound silly :blush but I just wanted to know it for sure, to know that I interpreted correctly.

thanks for an answer. :ty

Greetings from Belgium (Europe) :hug

Yes, you are correct. No question is silly  :rolleyes Greetings from Boston  :waving

Bah!  I've totally messed up my cardigan.  I'm so frustrated I'm ready to throw it in the trash.  Anyone want me to mail it to them.  Maybe you can recycle the yarn.

WHAT happened?  If I can frog a 50% finished Queen/King spread and start over this shouldn't be that bad!  We'll help you get through it.

It took me awhile but I am actually finally on the 2nd front panel, but it took me awhile to get there - this forum has been a lot of help with hints, pointers and general support.  I was really not sure about trying this especially because I don't often do wearables, but I am really glad I have.

I am stuck on the front panels. Row 1 and row 2 are 2 shells each. What do I do for rows 3-9 to get 6 shells?

You need to go to the instructions for the "back" and work rows 3-9 twice.  You will have 6 shells completed after the second repeat.  Then you need to go back to the pattern sequence for the front.  

Okay girls...I need some help please. I am just starting the shoulder shaping. I have started row 42 and not understanding how to finish that row. Am I just leaving the last 2 shells unworked?

Make sure to read the clarification of the back directions in the notes on the front page of this topic.

DC in 2nd to last shell.  Leave last shell unworked.

Make sure to read the clarification of the back directions in the notes on the front page of this topic.

DC in 2nd to last shell.  Leave last shell unworked.

Thank you!  I did read the clarifications and that was even confusing me more!  I ripped it out once because I end with 4 shells on row 48 not row 49.  I don't really get why there is a row 50 if you're ending on 49?  I'm about ready to chuck this whole thing!

I thought I was on to the front panels, now I am not sure if I did the back correctly.  I ended up with a row of 4 shells, but sorta lost track of the number of rows, somewhere between 48 and 50.  I didn't follow the pattern update because I did not know about it.  Do I need to rip out and rework the sleeve and sholder shaping rows?

I thought I was on to the front panels, now I am not sure if I did the back correctly.  I ended up with a row of 4 shells, but sorta lost track of the number of rows, somewhere between 48 and 50.  I didn't follow the pattern update because I did not know about it.  Do I need to rip out and rework the sleeve and sholder shaping rows?

Since the yarn and garment is very fluid it's hard to tell where one row starts and ends.  Stitch markers are my life savers.

You are right it does end @ 49 rows for the back but you can add and extra row to make it 50.  That's what I did. It's in the second post #7.  Now the back and front should both have 50 rows.

Sorry, to say this but I think the pattern is a mess and has a lot of corrections.  

I emailed the designer for clarification about 4 days ago and haven't received a reply ............. good thing it wasn't exactly crucial!

Thank you!  I did read the clarifications and that was even confusing me more!  I ripped it out once because I end with 4 shells on row 48 not row 49.  I don't really get why there is a row 50 if you're ending on 49?  I'm about ready to chuck this whole thing!

Stitch markers helped me a lot.  Also I have notes all over my pattern, and I checked off each row as I did it.  I was getting so confused between the pattern and the notes and had to do it several times.  I'll give you a summary of my final notes and see if it helps.

Rows 33 - 41, should be 33-42.  This is where you add a row.  You should have 28 shells.

Shoulder Shaping Rows should be 43 to 50.  You decrease by 3 shells per row.  

Row 43 - 25 shells

Row 44 - 22 shells

Row 45 - 19 shells

Row 46 - 16 shells

Row 47 - 13 shells

Row 48 - 10 shells

Row 49 - 7 shells

Row 50 - 4 shells.

I am on my second panel... I can't picture how the arms will be formed... Please help me understand how the three pieces come together.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tameka you and I are in the same boat!  I'm just as confused as you are! :) 

So I'm working on the edging and ran out of yarn.  I'm going to try and post some pics of it put together in a few minutes

So I'm working on the edging and ran out of yarn.  I'm going to try and post some pics of it put together in a few minutes

I just have the final shoulder shaping to do on the last front panel.  I have almost a full skein of yarn left so I should be OK with that.  We'll see about putting it together later ........... LOL  I like to hold my confusion until I'm there and really confused.  Will try to take a pic before I lose the lighting for today.

NICE!!! What color is that?  Did you add the extra row @ the back? So there is hope! 

Thank you so much!!  I did add the extra row to the back.  There is definitely hope!  This is my first garment... I've only made shawls, scarves and afghans in the past.

It is #36 Rose Wine.

And you are so right.  Stitch markers were key for me too.

Archived