Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could not figure out how to post to the Pinterest board, so I'll post a pic here.  I am ready to start Row 31 of the back (shaping the sleeves).  I haven't seen any pictures with measurements.  My back so far measures about 20" at the bottom and 32" where I'm starting the sleeve shaping.  Don't know if this is right or not, but I am pretty close to gauge, so hoping this is not going to be huge and keeping my fingers crossed that I have enough yarn.  I might have to tear everything out and make it a bit smaller.

post-22107-0-29053500-1392306803_thumb.jpgpost-22107-0-82556800-1392306836_thumb.jpg

Finally finished my sleeve cuffs. I had to get an extra skein, probably loosened my stitch too much.

I am attaching 2 images, one is my sister, in red and the other is me...we are different sizes and I wanted to see if it would fit us both. She is bigger in the chest area and shorter than me. She's standing sideways and is wearing a red sweat suit, I'm the other one..

post-68557-0-81485800-1392312347_thumb.jpg

post-68557-0-98374700-1392312364_thumb.jpg

i have not been able to get on for a few days.  I have so missed.  Now I need to go back and review posts!!  I am about half way done with one front panel. I wanted to be done by today with the whole thing, but, not gonna happen I don't think.

Hello, I am working on the back and am at row 30. I have to start the sleeve shaping rows.

But it all seems so wide. I have measured 78 cm (+/- 30") at row 30. Is that the good width or is it too wide?

Can someone please tell me what width you measured when you finished row 30 of the back?

thanks

Finally finished my sleeve cuffs. I had to get an extra skein, probably loosened my stitch too much.

I am attaching 2 images, one is my sister, in red and the other is me...we are different sizes and I wanted to see if it would fit us both. She is bigger in the chest area and shorter than me. She's standing sideways and is wearing a red sweat suit, I'm the other one..

Nice job.  I think I would like a shorter cuff.  

The frogged yarn was washed to unkink and is now 90% dry.  The other 3 skeins that I wound in my ball winder and should not have wound in my ball winder is sitting there.  I really DREAD having to deal with it and haven't done much work on this.

It will be finished but I don't know when.   :no

Hello, I am working on the back and am at row 30. I have to start the sleeve shaping rows.

But it all seems so wide. I have measured 78 cm (+/- 30") at row 30. Is that the good width or is it too wide?

Can someone please tell me what width you measured when you finished row 30 of the back?

thanks

Hi!  I'm at row 32 and I just measured mine at row 30.  It is approx. 30" too.

Hi having trouble on the front. Do we read the instruction as is because row 21 and 22 don't work as I see it...thanks Stephanie

Please help!

just went through this and I didn't have any issues. what isn't working for you?

question.  On your row 50 on the front, now many shells did you end with. 2 or 3.  I know that row 51 says 1 shell. On post 2 Amy stated that we would end on row 50 instead of 51.

I think 2, but I really can't remember.

Hi I am doing the rows 42 to 50 and the decreasing. I feel like the decreases look very jagged or sort of stair step is the normal? Thanks Stephanie

Yes, they are going to look a little odd until you sew the shoulder seams, since you're decreasing by one shell on one end of the row and two shells on the other.

You'll end up with 4 shells right in the middle, then the shoulder seams even out when you do the seam.

Looks great!  I hope mine turns out as good.  I've finished the back and am working on the first front side.  

Archived