Charity donation pile to date for fall delivery!

katyallen815

Hi all,

been catching up with some donation things I did in the past few weeks, for Sept Delivery, to one of our local hospitals, and to the Emerg. Preg. Center here as well..

Im addig more to it, as this month goes on...

The first one shown, is a preemie sized blankee, (as requested by a contact I have at my preferred hospital) and is adorned with a matching hat, as they all arel....the hats were  fun , fast, and easy to make! I used smaller balls, and partial skeins on them.the first one is made from two strands of baby yarn, asst. colors, held togheter throughout.The hats take very little yarn I found out too. which is a perfect way to use up those partials and balls...

post-40621-0-76070600-1376519081_thumb.jpg

Second shown, is a baby afghan made with all small 3 inch grannys, trimmed and bordered in pink! This also can be classified as a preemie blankee, i think, albeit a bit bigger than the first. I love the border in pink, so included of course, a pink hat!

post-40621-0-70644100-1376519202_thumb.jpg

The third afghan was made with scraps and balls, of caron simply soft, for which I didn't have enough of it for anything else, and wanted to use it all up. All the solid color centers are caron ss, and the trim would be Hobby Lobbys I Love this Yarn, in white. THe hat that went the best with it is all white.

post-40621-0-75138100-1376519314_thumb.jpg

and last but not least, is the fourth afghan, made from again, the two strands of the baby yarns held together.The border again, is HL I love this Yarn, in white.

post-40621-0-34865100-1376519459_thumb.jpg

Then I made some ( loomed and crocheted)hats to go the the emerg. preg center, they will accompany anymore small baby afghans i send or am able to make in the mean time, or they will go as is, as simply hats! or I might add some little baby socks to them and make sets, see what i can do in that respect!

post-40621-0-74795000-1376519561_thumb.jpg

so, hoping this has been nice eye candy for you, I loved working in pastels for a change, AND still am not out of baby yarns to use, lol Thanks for looking, hope it spurs you on to donate to your local favorite charity as well!!

Those are so pretty. I like working with soft shades too, if they're not too pallid and bland. Yours are lovely. In the hat picture, what kind of yarn is the green hat in the left column? That's a yummy green.

AngelRoseLite - You could call your local hospitals, maybe ask to speak to whoever is in charge of volunteers, or contact the social services or pastoral care office and see if the hospital accepts donated items. If not, they could possibly give you leads for a place that does. You could also check with local hospice programs or programs serving children, the elderly, homeless families or anything similar.

Hi all!  Stopping in quickly before I head out to the dr's.  Wish me luck!

Becca, love the RR!!!

Katie, your hats and blankets are all adorable!  I've been on a baby kick lately too.  Just love making baby things, they're so cute and go quickly too.

Ok, I'm out of time, lol.  See you later!

thanks all, for the nice words, just trying to give a little back is all, the hospital i donate too, I was born there, as was my daughter, so it is a special thanks to them as all three generations, My mom, me, and my daughter were all patients there at different times of course, but you know what I mean!

I too like something that goes quickly, and baby things usually do ann, lol would like to see your collection sometime!!

I haven't earned my wings yet Emma, but working on it, lol

take care all, and thanks for stopping in!

• 2 weeks later...

is it bad to say, I MISS them, lol but I know they are comforting some little baby or will be soon, so it's ok that I miss them, least I can still look at them, right! Thanks for all the kind words all, we crocheters have always been a generous bunch, and happy to be able to donate things! it makes my heart happy..... :yes

All so cute AND pretty.......gives me an idea for my local hospital.....I have 4 kids--Only 1 was born here 26 years ago. He was premmie by 1 month--he was jundiced and it was awful. A priest asked me if it was ok to give him his last rites.

Liittle did I ever imagine that sick baby would grow up to serve his country in the USMC and now is a mighty truck driver--traveling all over the USA.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived