Crochet-Along Challenge: Vote in Poll for Final Pattern Selection

Amy

FINAL Selection: CAL Challenge Shawl Pattern  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Select the shawl pattern listed below that you would most like us to do for the CAL Challenge. Links to patterns in first post of thread.

• Have a Heart
    • Lorelei
    • Simply Irresistible
    • Triangles
    • Oasis Wrap
    • Magnificent Mantle
    • French Blue
    • Persephone
    • Bowtie Pi
    • Graceful Shell

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fsc is foundation single crochet. It is awesome because you basically work the chain and the first row of single crochet at the same time. Easier than working back into the chains.

I thought I made a lot of progress last night. I was up to the end of row 6 and things weren't adding up :no . I ended up having to rip back to the halfway point on row 4. Ugh. It was all my fault for not counting the clusters..... :reyes 

Oh well, I will work on it again tonight and hopefully get much further.

I said before that when i make a shawl just to make one the Lord shows me someone who needs it. My pastors daughter is 4 months pregnant and being taken in for surgery right now to have her appendix removed.  Plz keep her in prayer. i will have the shawl done in about an hour

I got one done  here it is.

71153E75-orig.jpg

unblocked it is 29 inches across and 13 inches long

thank you - it's nice to see what it is supposed to be when it's home :wlol

very nice :manyheart

I got one done  here it is.

71153E75-orig.jpg

unblocked it is 29 inches across and 13 inches long

B659CD0F-orig.jpg

It's beautiful! I'm on row 3 of mine.

Well, I think I will pass on the Graceful Shell shawl.  It wasn't one of my favorites and I'd just be making it to make it without having any person in mind to receive it.  Since I have too many other projects that have to get done, I'll pass.  I will check back periodically though to see some updates.

You can always donate it to a hospital who treats cancer patients.  We have a local Prayer Shawl ministry that gives prayer shawls to their Hospice patients.

I looked on line some last night and found mixed info about acrylics. There was one that said to steam it, but most said for acrylic just wash and dry it. Steam will evidently change the texture (maybe not the right word) of the yarn, one said leave it limp, no body. They said if you steam acrylic, it is permanent; washing won't change it. If I trying steaming, I'll definitely experiment with a sample first.

I thought that was supposed to be the charm of acrylic--that you don't need to block it!  I was really surprised to hear so many of you talking about blocking your acrylic shawls!  Won't it have to be re-blocked every time it's washed??

Oh that is a good idea.  Maybe I'll backtrack after I get some other things under control around here!!!  Thanks for the idea

You can always donate it to a hospital who treats cancer patients.  We have a local Prayer Shawl ministry that gives prayer shawls to their Hospice patients.

I haven't been able to work on my shawl much lately.  I'm starting row 5 now. 

dragnlady5 - your shawl is beautiful!  Great work!   :cheer

Thank you still working one the blue one. I think it is gonna look great

Finished!!

attachicon.gif20130511_153825.jpg

attachicon.gif20130511_153913.jpg

attachicon.gif20130511_154221.jpg

I followed directions on another project on ravelry to add a 10th row. I ended up using jus over 2 skeinsof TLC Essentials in the brownberry colorway.

Very pretty! I like the color and the length.

I JUST got my yarn in today. I didn't really have anything I wanted to use in my stash. Ohhh yes, I bought yarn LOL I'll be starting on it here shortly, and I don't like the really short shawls so I will add a 10th row and maybe even an 11th.

Finished!!

attachicon.gif20130511_153825.jpg

attachicon.gif20130511_153913.jpg

attachicon.gif20130511_154221.jpg

I followed directions on another project on ravelry to add a 10th row. I ended up using jus over 2 skeinsof TLC Essentials in the brownberry colorway.

Your shawl is beautiful!

I finished mine too! The colors are not the very good in the picture but I used Simply Soft in Sunset and I love it. I used a little more than 2 skeins of yarn.

post-4459-0-60716400-1368362282_thumb.jpg

Your shawl is beautiful!

I finished mine too! The colors are not the very good in the picture but I used Simply Soft in Sunset and I love it. I used a little more than 2 skeins of yarn.

attachicon.gifgraceful shell shawl.jpg

Pretty! I had to put my aside for other things, but I hope to finish it this next week.

I got to work on the shawl some last night, but missed a couple of dc with the ch6s and had to rip out most of row 8.

If anyone has trouble with the cl count on row 8, the last inc-shell (right before the ending dc in top of turning ch) is missing from the instructions.

Archived