Crochet-Along Challenge: Vote in Poll for Final Pattern Selection

Amy

FINAL Selection: CAL Challenge Shawl Pattern  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Select the shawl pattern listed below that you would most like us to do for the CAL Challenge. Links to patterns in first post of thread.

• Have a Heart
    • Lorelei
    • Simply Irresistible
    • Triangles
    • Oasis Wrap
    • Magnificent Mantle
    • French Blue
    • Persephone
    • Bowtie Pi
    • Graceful Shell

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a very difficult choice but I've voted for the Oasis Wrap because it's very versatile, can be used as a wrap, a vest, a scarf, and even a waist wrap for belly dancing or over a bathing suit! It is simple yet very elegant! :)

It was a very difficult choice but I've voted for the Oasis Wrap because it's very versatile, can be used as a wrap, a vest, a scarf, and even a waist wrap for belly dancing or over a bathing suit! It is simple yet very elegant! :)

I voted for it as well largely for the reasons you stated.  I plan to make the Have a Heart on my own anyway.

The Oasis Wrap was designed by our very own Kim Guzman, Crochetkim, by the way. :)

So that's why the pattern spoke to me!

Interesting: we currently have a four-way tie! Can't wait to see how things progress as the week moves on.

I am watching and if a shawl pattern wins I will participate however a lot of these don't classify as a shawl to me ( completely my opinion not trying to insult anyone's designs in anyway). 

What drew me to this challenge was to make a shawl.

I love the Graceful Shell Shawl  for it fits the bill for me for everything I want in a summer shawl, so I'm very hopeful that it will win.  I haven't voted yet but will  in a few days.  I looked at the Oasis Shawl and the foundation row look hard for me to do.  I remember trying to crochet this shawl and fogging it, if it win I know I might require help doing the foundation row.  So I'm for cheering the Graceful Shells Shawl.  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

I am watching and if a shawl pattern wins I will participate however a lot of these don't classify as a shawl to me ( completely my opinion not trying to insult anyone's designs in anyway). 

What drew me to this challenge was to make a shawl.

I think this is one of the great challenges of our Yarn-y world.  What is a shawl and how do I know one when I see it :? 

A shawl/wrap can be many different things to different people.  I do think a shawl needs to be larger than a scarf-like thing. :think  

Another thing to consider with  my next :tea

I absolutely agree a shawl is different things to different people, as with you I don't see a shawl as a large scarf,  or neck warmer etc.   I like the traditional definition of a "shawl- garment worn loosely over the shoulders, upper body and arms".

I think this is one of the great challenges of our Yarn-y world.  What is a shawl and how do I know one when I see it :?

A shawl/wrap can be many different things to different people.  I do think a shawl needs to be larger than a scarf-like thing. :think  

Another thing to consider with  my next :tea

I voted for Pesephone! I have made that one before, and it was my first large project completed with lace-weight yarn. I already have the yarn ready to make another, plus since I wish to enter a shawl into our county fair, it only seems natural to make one I am comfortable with. It's in the lead right now and I am hoping it wins! Goooooo PERSEPHONE! 

I voted for Pesephone! I have made that one before, and it was my first large project completed with lace-weight yarn. I already have the yarn ready to make another, plus since I wish to enter a shawl into our county fair, it only seems natural to make one I am comfortable with. It's in the lead right now and I am hoping it wins! Goooooo PERSEPHONE! 

That's the one I voted for as well - gooooooooooooo Persephone!!  :-)

Hubby brought me home some fingering weight yarn I have never used it before. wonder how it would do with this

If Persephone wins I will have to still use WW yarn (4 on a scale to 6)  . 

Is this pattern likely to work in a full weight yarn? 

I can make doll socks with lace-weight yarn but that is as far as my fingers will go. :(

I think I will give the pattern a quick test drive just to see.

If Persephone wins I will have to still use WW yarn (4 on a scale to 6)  . 

Is this pattern likely to work in a full weight yarn? 

I can make doll socks with lace-weight yarn but that is as far as my fingers will go. :(

I think I will give the pattern a quick test drive just to see.

My fingers do ok, but my eyes don't want to cooperate with little yarn!

Archived