Brown Chenille Ripple Throw

pb&j

After finishing the blue chenille ripple throw, I couldn't wait to make one for my own bedroom. Here it is! Now all I need is a good book! :c9

resize-br-chenille.jpg

Very nice. I've been thinking about making a ripple afgan. Did you use a Lion Brand pattern?

Oops, I forgot the details...I used a pattern from Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts called Chenille Ripple. The yarn is Lion Brand chenille thick & quick in chocolate, khaki and wine. Save your Michael's coupon for this one!:)

WOW that looks great!! I also want to thank you for your color choice. I have some regular acrylic yarn my mom gave to me in a box of yarn, but there wasn't a label on the wine color or the khaki, and I don't think I have enough to make my ripple afghan I started yesterday with just the 2 skeins. Chocolate is the PERFECT color to pair with the Wine and Khaki! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I thought I would have to make it way shorter cause I didn't think I could match the colors I have with those at the store(my yarn is a couple years old).

Thanks,

Natalie :hook

Thanks, Natalie! The colors are right out of the pattern book. I loved them sooo much that I didn't want to alter the color choice given. As you can see from my photo, I'm all about brown!

I'm so glad you were able to see a color combo you liked. That's always the hardest part for me. A store wall full of yarn can be overwhelming! :think

That looks so snuggly! :c9 I love the colors too!

:think Did it make your nose itchy while making it? I was using bernat velour today and my nose was itchy from the tiny fiber particles coming from it everytime I made a stitch...just wondering if Chenille acts the same way...I reallllly want to make one!

Hi, Manda. Chenille does shed a little bit but it didn't bother me. Perhaps you could try making a small item like a hat to see if chenille makes your nose twitch. Good luck! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
How many stithces did you use for the foundation row, and how did you start the second row. Will you share the instruction for the this ripple throw or some suggestion on how to start my own.

The pattern I used is from Leisure Arts, Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts, and is called, Chenille Ripple on page 12. I used the same yarn and colors from the pattern, Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick in Chocolate, Khaki, and Wine. I still see this book on the racks at Michael's.

The foundation row is 79 chains. The pattern is a basic ripple: 5 stitches, 3 st in next st, 5 stitches, skip next 2 then repeat. However, the pattern alternates between sc and dc and the bands of color vary in height between taller at the top and bottom of the throw and only 2 rows high in the middle, so the book would be helpful if you want to follow it exactly. There are also many, many smaller less expensive booklets at Michael's that feature ripple afghans that would be helpful. (I don't want to infringe on any publishing rights! :eek )

The wonderful thing about ripple afghans is that they pretty easy to do and you don't have to sew any squares together! ;) The down side to this afghan is that the yarn is pricey so save your Michael's 40% coupon for this one! :)

Archived