shawl

craftylady1956

Ok the pattern is:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tropical-breeze-shawl

and I used 3 skeins of :

Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Garden Yarn-- Sea

PS I never wore a shawl.....so I have no idea what to do with it!!! Just made it for something to do..LOL

Love the color and the pattern (and put that shawl in my queue on rav--thanks!).

Where to wear your shawl? Well, it's always cool in the grocery store, and church during the summer with a/c set up to freezing, restaurants, library--you name it. I even wore one on my patio the other night because after the sun went down, when a breeze kicked up, it went from 90+ degrees to 65 degrees in an hour or so, so a light shawl was perfect.

Wow, that is beautiful. Of course I am somewhat partial to the spider lace design on the border. Get your dh to take you somewhere special and take lots of pics. With a stunner like that shawl, it deserves to be shown off....as well as your talents in making it.

Wow, that is beautiful. Of course I am somewhat partial to the spider lace design on the border. Get your dh to take you somewhere special and take lots of pics. With a stunner like that shawl, it deserves to be shown off....as well as your talents in making it.

I agree with Carol. You should go out and show it off!! It is beautiful!

beautiful! thanks for sharing the pic and the information. Love the serenity garden yarn. Currently stitching a shawl with "gems" I don't wear shawls much either, but this yarn is so soft and pretty I just might have to find something to go with it! great job...now on to ravelry for one more pattern I don't need.:devil

well thanks ladies--but hubby and I haven't gone out anywhere for years..he barely eats and wee're ALWAYS home. One day I'll find a place to wear it--hopefully.

Oh I know those feelings all too well. If you can't get out then dim the lights, put out some candles, order food delivered (maybe some decadent desert?), play some soothing music and above all DANCE!! Even if it is shadow dancing (with yourself), or table dancing (your feet don't move). We only have one turn on this earth, you never know when SOMEDAY will come, so make it today....:wink. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

There are and will be times when people ask why I did something, and I will say, "I want to leave this world with no missed opportunities, no regrets, no bucket list, and can honestly say about the road of life, with all it's ups and downs "What a ride!!!"....

Archived