Butterfly

Pheonsix

Here is a butterfly I crocheted last night because I couldn't sleep. This was my first attempt at something like this. I have only done basic things. I had to rip it out 3 times but I'm so happy I actually KNEW I had made a mistake. You really do learn by doing with crocheting. I can't stop looking at it because I'm awed that I created that. I followed a pattern http://www.premier.net/~lhamm/buttrfly.htm and I'm so proud of myself. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I pretty sure I'm going to do a scrumble. I want to create a piece of art that I can hang on my living room wall. I think piece is a great beginning. post-59581-135897750156_thumb.jpg

post-59581-135897750164_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much Judith!!! I had a hard time in the beginning but once I got the hang of the pattern it worked up quickly. It's not a hard pattern although it looks like it. I'm not an experienced crocheter or pattern reader so if I could do it I'm sure almost anyone could do it.

WOW!!! Thank you so much. It is a very nice pattern. I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do with it. I know I want it to be the center of a scrumble. Just not sure what to add to the scenery.

Wow -- that is beautiful! I wouldn't be able to do all of that in one night either. I used to be much faster, but not anymore. It takes me forever sometimes to get through a project. But I'm not in a rush anymore either so I guess it is all okay. :)

Awwwww thank you all so much for the wonderful comments. As a fairly new crocheter I'm still in awe at what can be created with crocheting. I've never really made anything other than scarves. Now that I'm venturing out to make other things I have a new appreciation for crocheting.

Archived