hello from the uk

superfurry

hi

my name's soph, i'm a sahm to a 2 1/2 yr old girl and i live in wales.

i learned to crochet when i was a girl, but i've recently started again and i'm enjoying it immensely. i also like to sew, especially clothes for my daughter, in fact i just love textiles in any shape and form. having just received my first ever skein of handspun yarn i'm worried i might be at the start of another obsession and i've already wondered whether it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a spinning wheel and learn to spin my own right now!

i've been lurking for a while around here and have already learned so much. everyone here seems really firendly and i'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

soph

Hi, Soph! Welcome to Crochetville! My father used to have some distant relatives in Wales. I don't think he's had any real contact with them, though, since a short visit back in the early 60's when he was in the Army before he married my mother. I would love to visit that area of the world someday!

Amy

Hi and welcome from CA! :waving Have you ever been to London to see the Victoria and Albert Museum? I visited London this past summer and was wowwed by all the textiles and historical clothing on display at the V+A museum.:queen

aw thanks for the welcome guys :)

yarnaholic - you should definitely come, it's a beautiful place (only not in the winter, it never stops raining) and we're all dead friendly.

pb&j - i've only ever been to the v&a once but i had to be dragged out by the guards at closing time! i could have happily stayed there for the rest of my life :D

Hello Soph!! Welcome to Crochetville from an American living on the other side of the Channel in Belgium! :hug I lived in Dublin for a year and it was on my list to take the ferry across to Wales, but I never made it....one of these days I will make it there!

Archived