Autumn Granny Shawl for Gran

Skoggy

I've finally finished my Gran's Xmas present (late I know... *slap wrists*). I did this simple Granny shawl for her. I thought that it would be the best stitch to do it in as it is made for warmth rather than style. It is done in Autumnal colours as they are her fav colours. :autumn

It wasn't easy finishing it though. Having restocked the yarn 3 times, it was on the 2nd trip to my LYS that they told me the yarn that I'd been doing it in had been discontinued. :angry I wasn't happy at all. So we walked around the shop a few times trying to find the closest yarns we could to finish it off. Even then the Rust Orange colour couldn't be found. This is the only yarn shop in the town. :( Anyway, I think it came out fine in the end.

post-54070-135897722064_thumb.jpg

post-54070-135897722068_thumb.jpg

Should really update this :D

The package was mailed to my Gran and I got a surprise phonecall from her. Its always a feat for her to call as I'm in a different country :lol Anyway, she loved it. She was crying down the line to me because she was so touched. I have to admit, I cried as well. Soppy bunch are we Skoggys :D

Archived