Crochet-Themed Bracelet and Earring Set

Amy

Look at the fabulous bracelet and earring set my sister made me for Christmas. The copper pieces have crochet hooks and yarn balls, and the bracelet says "too legit to knit." (My sis does know that I knit, too. It was just a fun saying she ran across on the internet somewhere, so it's pretty tongue-in-cheek.)

The bracelet ties onto your wrist with the silk ribbon. Apparently this is a very hot trendy style in the lampworking/jewelry artist world right now.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

Everything about it is handmade, except for the French wire hooks. She made and dyed the silk ribbon from white silk fabric. She made the glass beads. She wire-wrapped the earrings. She cut the metal pieces from a sheet of copper, etched the designs on them (including making her own stencil for the crochet hook), and added some blue dye.

Crochetville is very likely going to have a booth at some consumer trade shows later this year. We're thinking of having Julie make some similar sets for us. Think there would be interest in sets like this, with similar sayings related to crochet?

IMG_1056.jpg

My sister is in the middle of figuring up her pricing on these sets. She has another set done that I'll post as soon as she takes the pictures.

She's thinking they'll probably be around $40-$45 per set, but she's got to sit down and figure out the actual cost of the components.

If anybody wants a set, let me know and I'll give you her contact information.

They are beautiful pieces just the way they are !!

How about a picture of a heart with crochet hooks through it to represent "I love crochet".

Or-

Something to the affect " I'd rather be hooking".

This set is amazing :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart I like the sentence I saw somewhere - "A row a day keeps the psychiatrist away" but I guess it's too long for a bracelet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived