African flower purse

philosgal

That's one of the prettiest crocheted purses I've seen. I like the way you adapted the motif to the purse, as well as your use of the wooden handles, which curve in to fit the motifs so nicely. Did you follow a pattern or create it yourself? If your own pattern, you should market it.

I've made an afghan with that motif; now your project is inspiring me to return to African flowers!

That's one of the prettiest crocheted purses I've seen. I like the way you adapted the motif to the purse, as well as your use of the wooden handles, which curve in to fit the motifs so nicely. Did you follow a pattern or create it yourself? If your own pattern, you should market it.

I've made an afghan with that motif; now your project is inspiring me to return to African flowers!

Well it is not my pattern entirely. I found it on ravelry. I think you will find it very easily. It is totally inspired by someone else's design. It is super easy and quick, I made it in two days' time :)

I second this! Absolutely stunning.

Very pretty! I have made afghans with the African Flower design but not purses! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

this has turned out so well! How many flowers did you use? I have been accumulating these flowers!!!

I used 13 motifs. This is how you arrange them. (The pictures belongs to another user on ravelry and I am using it with her permission)

post-37711-135897720111_thumb.jpg

post-37711-135897720114_thumb.jpg

post-37711-135897720117_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful purse! I am currently making African Flower hexes....just like the look of them, and have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet....was thinking a baby blanket, but your purse may have inspired me to try my hand at it :)

Thank you. Oh I just adore this pattern, so simple and lovely.

I love this. Thank you for showing the pictures of the assembly process. I've always wanted to try the hexagons but keep shying away from them. This would be a fun rainy day project:hook

Archived