2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I gave two skeins to a friend and rolled one into a ball, so I'm starting the week with +5.

Got the notice that my JoAnn order has shipped, expected Monday. 4 cones of ecru cotton. W-M here isn't carrying the ecru for some reason, just white and most of the variegated I have needs ecru.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit, but life really got in the way :sigh

My score last week was 0 anyway :shrug I haven't really crafted in over 2 weeks now :eek Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it next week but unfortunately really don't see it happening this week :xfin

Hope all is well with you ladies and I didn't want you to think I forgot about you.

Oh Sue, one of my turtles laid an egg on Sunday, but unfortunately my parents did see it until it was too late and already busted up :eek:( If they get any more and are able to get them out of the tank still in tact, what should they do with them? Thanks

bought yarn at walllies. I think it was 12 skeins. Bought some to do the RH Cardi CAL, but couldn't find the fun rh yarn Amy talked about. Didn't want to do an online order. So will try it with the Lionbrand tweed first and if I really like it, buy the rh stuff later

I got from friend 5 balls of thread and I'm glad because they are in pretty colors and I will make a beautiful jewelry :hook I'm also a little sad because I have to - 10 :(

:manyheart

I got from friend 5 balls of thread and I'm glad because they are in pretty colors and I will make a beautiful jewelry :hook I'm also a little sad because I have to - 10 :(

That happens to the best of us. Have fun with your new colors.

I've been a busy, busy little crochet girl :D

I've used up 6 balls of yarn and turned one skein into a ball making 8 inch squares, and 12 inch squares, as well as some newborn boy booties and a hat. Which would be +7.

However, I bought 6 skeins of yarn at Walmart...bright, bright colors I've been looking for. It seems like lately all I find is subdued colors, so I picked up the bright ones when I found them.

WTD today -5

AND....am expecting yarn shipments both from JoAnn's and KnitPicks. I may be flying over the moon this week.......:devil:shrug

Here are a couple pics of 8 inch squares completed this week.....

post-52109-135897757808_thumb.jpg

post-52109-135897757812_thumb.jpg

I went to a luncheon yesterday that was from the Hospital that we donate prayer shawls and other items to. It was a very nice luncheon with some speakers as the entertainment. One woman was there because she had received a prayer shawl and told us what it meant to her, personally.

After hearing her testimony, I will be making more things, including prayer shawls.

And at the end of the luncheon, the chaplains went around and blessed our hands. It was so special.

So now I will be trying to bust some stash and make prayer shawls.

My DIL is in the hospital dealing with cancer. She received a prayer shawl this week. Yes, it does mean so much to the recipient. Thanks for doing what you do.

hugs

jana

bought yarn at walllies. I think it was 12 skeins. Bought some to do the RH Cardi CAL, but couldn't find the fun rh yarn Amy talked about. Didn't want to do an online order. So will try it with the Lionbrand tweed first and if I really like it, buy the rh stuff later

ok with the +2 I had, and the +4 from last night that gives me -18. I won't tell you though what happened at Joann's today :eek..at least not until I can count the damages... :cheer:lol:lol:lol :hook

I forgot to post last week and will be out of town this weekend. I'll just keep track and catch up YTD totals down the road. Our charity knitting group's monthly meeting is on the 14th and I have 12 preemie 'ghans ready, three baby hats and one chemo hat done. One slipper knitted and the other cast on with about 6 pattern rows. Doubt I'll get it finished before meeting.

I just ordered 16 skeins of yarn to make two shawls for Christmas presents for DIL and future DIL. I can't resist a sale! The good news is it's sock yarn and a pretty fast pattern with two strands held together.

I seem to keep bouncing all over with my projects. I'm working on an afghan and have the yarn for three others. Plus yarn waiting to become totes and scarves for Christmas. I just need to get focused!

Jana--sorry your favorite shop is closing, but so nice you could stock up (on sale?)

I just ordered 16 skeins of yarn to make two shawls for Christmas presents for DIL and future DIL. I can't resist a sale! The good news is it's sock yarn and a pretty fast pattern with two strands held together.

I seem to keep bouncing all over with my projects. I'm working on an afghan and have the yarn for three others. Plus yarn waiting to become totes and scarves for Christmas. I just need to get focused!

Jana--sorry your favorite shop is closing, but so nice you could stock up (on sale?)

Thanks for ordering 2 more skeins than I did. If we get them the same week, you could possibly beat me. :rofl

And yup - all on sale :D

I think I worked my way into the shoot the moon phase.

The problem with ordering yarn is that you have to wait for it ,so I started two more projects ,but needed more to finish them .When I got home ,of course there was my ordered yarn waiting, thankfully the start of the week had me 14 points in the positive , hopefully I will use up some more by Saturday night

for now

-20:devil

My favorite on-line yarn shop is closing up :( :(:( Just ordered 14 skeins from her to make me feel better :D:lol:D:lol

Which one is that?

Thanks for ordering 2 more skeins than I did. If we get them the same week, you could possibly beat me. :rofl

And yup - all on sale :D

I've got 4 cones that are supposed to arrive Monday; no word yet on the delivery date of the 16. Maybe I'll get them all over with in the same week!

ok with the +2 I had, and the +4 from last night that gives me -18. I won't tell you though what happened at Joann's today :eek..at least not until I can count the damages... :cheer:lol:lol:lol :hook

trying for that shoot the moon spot I can see... 14 skeins from Joann's :lol

I am working on a baby afghan that needs to be done by next week... and I can't find where I put the afghan! I went looking for some yarn..heaven forbid it is hiding in my stash somewhere.... :rofl

I will put my score down now as I don't see a skein being finished before the end of the day anyway...

WTD -42

besides now the rest of you can go shopping..just don't over do it... aw go ahead..over do it!! :lol:lol

My pattern continues wtd 0, ytd +14

I really am crocheting just not using up enough for a score:ohdear

I seem to be doing the same thing. I am crocheting, crocheting, crocheting but just not using up enough yarn to count. And since I don't see myself miraculously using up a skein or even a ball of yarn today I will post my score now:

WTD: 0

Archived