Having new yarn to play with::cheer:clap:cheer

Prettywoman030981 -16

PBLKNP -16

tnkycrochetnut -38

cris -58

sahm2g1b -73

FrLopLady -89

greyhoundgrandma -101

And the winner for "Shoot the Moon" for the month of April is Yarn Geek with a score of -178:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't feel bad about posting scores late Sunday afternoon. Visists from Dad and brothers are more important. My Daddy passed away in 1984 and I miss him still. I would love to go fishing with him just one more time. Of course, he would have to put the worms on my hook and take the fish off also. And just maybe we could agrue one last time about who actually caught the fish - it was on his line but I pulled it in.:rofl

Don't feel bad about posting scores late Sunday afternoon. Visists from Dad and brothers are more important. My Daddy passed away in 1984 and I miss him still. I would love to go fishing with him just one more time. Of course, he would have to put the worms on my hook and take the fish off also. And just maybe we could agrue one last time about who actually caught the fish - it was on his line but I pulled it in.:rofl

I totally agree. Family is so important because it can be gone in a flash. My dad passed away in 2008 and that summer, I took the kids down for one more visit, for the benefit of all of us. He was still in a good state of mind, and really loved seeing his grandkids one more time. This was in July, and then he passed away in August. I miss him all the time.

Used up a skein on the round ripple so +2

Used up another skein on the rr and made some cotton hats. +6. Have some hats to finish and that will give me a few more..but they are not done yet

I'm really working hard at cleaning up my balls of yarn, so I have room in my stash for skeins for projects. So I've been working on making a blanket of 12 inch squares of scrap yarn and also making 8 inch squares from scrap yarn for charity. I swear those balls of yarn are multiplying ;)

So far this week, I've used up 5 balls of yarn :clap. And am close to finishing 2 more.

I gave 2 skeins to a coworker yesterday and finished off a skein on a shawl I'm working on, so I'll have a score for the second week in a row:clap

I went to a luncheon yesterday that was from the Hospital that we donate prayer shawls and other items to. It was a very nice luncheon with some speakers as the entertainment. One woman was there because she had received a prayer shawl and told us what it meant to her, personally.

After hearing her testimony, I will be making more things, including prayer shawls.

And at the end of the luncheon, the chaplains went around and blessed our hands. It was so special.

So now I will be trying to bust some stash and make prayer shawls.

I FINALLY finished the baby blanket for my son's teacher!! And rolled 2 pounder into balls!! Whew. I'm glad it's done. I have a couple ends to weave in and need to launder it, but I will get to send it to school on Friday!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1336004118.jpg

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1336004037.jpg

I FINALLY finished the baby blanket for my son's teacher!! And rolled 2 pounder into balls!! Whew. I'm glad it's done. I have a couple ends to weave in and need to launder it, but I will get to send it to school on Friday!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1336004118.jpg

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1336004037.jpg

NICE!! :clap

Used up another skein on the rr and made some cotton hats. +6. Have some hats to finish and that will give me a few more..but they are not done yet

lol still didn't finish the other ones, but made another one tonight

+8

I went to a luncheon yesterday that was from the Hospital that we donate prayer shawls and other items to. It was a very nice luncheon with some speakers as the entertainment. One woman was there because she had received a prayer shawl and told us what it meant to her, personally.

After hearing her testimony, I will be making more things, including prayer shawls.

And at the end of the luncheon, the chaplains went around and blessed our hands. It was so special.

So now I will be trying to bust some stash and make prayer shawls.

That is VERY cool!

Linda--that sounds like a very inspiring luncheon!

Jennifer--very pretty. I like the edge you put on it.

I started a Marcelle afghan yesterday. I had to rip out the first 5 rounds and change hooks when my gauge wasn't right, but I got through about half a skein.

ok I'm going to try this again and hopefully the computer will cooperate. I thought I was going to have a positive score again this week but then I stopped at Michael's for a skein of pink yarn. They had grab bags and one of them had pink in it. The bag I bought had 3 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver 14 oz. skeins, 1 pink and 2 red. The best part it was only $2.00:clap But now my score is back to 0 for the week.

I have about 5 more rows to go on my afghan. Since it's decrease rows, each row uses less :yarn than the last. I wanted to be sure I had enough :yarn, so I put it on a digital scale (at work). I found out the afghan and the rest of the :yarn weighed 1.07 lbs (about 17 oz). It was supposed to be a 16 oz skein, so I might have enough to make a sc border :cheer. I gave 2 skeins and 1 ball to a friend (+5) :clap. I'll definitely finish the pounder by Sat.

My score so far: WTD: + 5 YTD: + 33

Ellie 13

Another week

Another nothing was crocheted.

WTD 0 for me.

Next week will be more of the same. I'll be traveling to Montana for training and won't have time for yarn.

Cheryl

lol still didn't finish the other ones, but made another one tonight

+8

Michaels and clearance... :eek

They had loops n threads Dewdrop at 1/2 off..in RED :cheer:cheer :lolI am attempting a circular vest using a doily pattern. Not sure if this is going to work yet or not. I'm going to catalog the journey on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/christmas-doily-shrug-kinda-thing if anyone wants to follow along. And really..I have not a lot of clue what I'm doing on this :lol Funnier part..I may have to go back and get more yarn :eek:think:cheer

I've already used up 3 of the 6 skeins that I bought. Also bought a skein of Changes that was on clearance as well as a skein of "scrubbie" cotton yarn. So -2 so far this week

Archived