2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last weekend I didn't have anything to post, although I had did some crocheting the majority of my time two weeks ago was spent working on the kitchen wall. This week I knew I just had to get in some serious crocheting. I have a rug almost completed, and I also have a table topper just about finished. WTD+18

Thanks CLLinda and Yarn Geek :hug for the warm welcome! Well for my first week I did not do so good, granted I did the buying all before I even thought about joining but it still counts. :blush

YTD: -6 & WTD: -6

I hope this will improve.. it has to. I am so glad I started using the skeins I bought right away, putting three into an afghan, and two into a shawl and two halves into a pair of gloves (I make both gloves at the same time or I get sock syndrome with them). Now I have a week off I should be able to work through at least the last 3 skeins and maybe some more. If this cold stays away and the rain stays. Wish me luck!

Well, this past week has found me swimming in new yarn! :devil

My DH came home from Germany and was sweet enough to bring me home 15 balls of alpaca yarn & 2 skeins of sock yarn! :manyheart

Before he came home, I had bought 10 skeins of yarn for a baby blanket I'm working on, AND I had placed an order with Knit Picks for 30 skeins of Brava yarn!

Thankfully, I've also been busy using up a few skeins this week, but not near enough to knock my score down that much. I've managed to use up a total of 6 skeins of yarn between working on the CAL & 2 baby blankets.

So my sore for this week and year to date are:

WTD: -102 / YTD: -97

I managed to use up a skein of yarn on the Bernat CAL this week, so I'm reporting in with my score for the

Week ending 3-31-2012

WTD +2 / YTD +75

Scores for week ending 3/31/12:

Gold Medal Winner: Cathoms +22

Silver Medal Winner: Ihasaapsolady +18

Bronze Medal Winner: A Tie: Braxxi +12 & Izabelka +12

Using up yarn:

pineknott +7

TurtleLvr +5

CLLinda +4

FrLopLady +4

PBLKNP +4

Needle Arts +4

walker1021 +3

crabby rat +2

BigPinkPilkaDot +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

tnkycrochetnut +1

Ravenaier +1

Bubbe +1

marpan79 +1

prettywoman030981 +1

Holding steady:

fc1123 0

MouseCLP 0

cris 0

krazycrocheter 0

Playing with new yarn:

Jennifer seven -3

Boupie crochet -6

Priony -6

Ellie 13 -6

dragonpuck -7

yarn geek -44

Shoot the Moon Winner: sahm2g1b -102

YTD Scores

for March 2012

Pineknott +217 Gold Medal Winner

NeedleArts +108 Silver Medal Winner

lhasaapslolady +102 Bronze Medal Winner

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Using Up Yarn!

Dragonpuck +98

Crabby Rat +75

Braxxi +65

MouseCLP +59

Cathoms +44

CLLinda +36

Ellie 13 +24

fc1123 +18

BigPinkPolkaDot +13

Izabelka +12

Marpan +12

Walker1021 +10

Ravenaier +7

Bubbe +2

Krazycrocheter +1

Remaining at Zero

PBLKNP

New Yarn for the year.

priony -6

Boupie Crochet -6

PrettyWoman030981 -19

TurtleLvr -21

cris -40

tnkycrochetnut -40

Jennifer seven -75

FrLopLady-85

sahm2g1b -97

And the winner of STM for March is:

yarn geek with a great score of -154!

:manyheart

A special note to the winners for the month Medals. You are doing a terrific job! Keep up the good work!

I'm posting the scores next week, right? It'll probably be later in the day (late afternoon/early evening) before I can get them posted since it's Easter Sunday.

Oh! Almost forgot. I had to run my Michael's to pick up a skein of yarn since I rn out of a color I was using on a baby blanket & I only walked out with the 1 skein! And, I came home & finished off another skein as well as finished 2 baby blankets! So, I'm still at Zero for the week! I'm looking forward to using up yarn this week!

Oh! Almost forgot. I had to run my Michael's to pick up a skein of yarn since I rn out of a color I was using on a baby blanket & I only walked out with the 1 skein! And, I came home & finished off another skein as well as finished 2 baby blankets! So, I'm still at Zero for the week! I'm looking forward to using up yarn this week!

Good for you!

Used up 4 balls on a couple scrap bags.

:turtle beats :rabbit for the week and month! :lol

:turtle:vheart

You didn't beat me for the month, but you beat me for the ytd.

Well you could have beat me for the month too, but I don't feel like going back and adding it all up :rofl

A special note to the winners for the month Medals. You are doing a terrific job! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

It may never happen again but it's nice to see my name in "lights" :devil:haha

Archived