2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I got all the colors into the sweetheart ripple now. It's going to look FANTASTIC!!!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1332548515.jpg

That looks fabulous! I almost bought a ripple book today, then decided I would rather have it on my tablet.

I came here just to kill some time, then saw the thread, then realized I bought 7 skeins of yarn today:blush So, for week ending March 24, 2012:

(but I did end up finishing my Monkey Joe Roasting Co. afghan).

WTD: -13 YTD: -72

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some yarn cleanu out today after my kitties decided to have fun with my yarn balls the other night while we ere at the midnight showing of "The Hunger Games". I'm just thankful it was my smallish scrap balls & not some that I've been working with. So, 5 balls out the door due to. Hopelessly entangled and/or shredded. Next time, remind me not to leave th cat nip toys out when I'm going to be gone all day & half the night! :lol So, my score for the week is:

WTD +17 /YTD +5

But, I'm going to be in the running next week for shoot the moon winner. My wonderful DH is bringing me back some yarn from Germany & I placed an order from Knitpicks. I guess I'd better get busy using up some yarn to offset what will coming in next week!

I did some yarn cleanu out today after my kitties decided to have fun with my yarn balls the other night while we ere at the midnight showing of "The Hunger Games". I'm just thankful it was my smallish scrap balls & not some that I've been working with. So, 5 balls out the door due to. Hopelessly entangled and/or shredded. Next time, remind me not to leave th cat nip toys out when I'm going to be gone all day & half the night! :lol

How do I know it? :lol Fortunately my cat :devil has never destroyed completely my thread.

I had busy evening yesterday and used up 2 balls of thread, so I've started this week +4

Week Ending 3/24/12:

Gold Medal Winner: sahm2g1b +17

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +15

Bronze Medal Winner: dragonpuck +13

Using Up the Stash:

Cathoms +12

walker1021 +6

FrLopLady +5

TurtleLvr +5

MouseCLP +4

Ravenaier +4

prettywoman030981 +3

cris +2

cshort +2

fc1123 +1

tnkycrochet +1

Bubbe +1

Holding Steady!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Needle Arts 0

Amibel 0

Providing homes for poor orphans:

Izabelka -2

CLLinda -4

yarngeek -12

Jennifer seven -13

Braxxi -14

Returning again as Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -84

If I left anyone out, let me know and I'll fix it!

Great job on the scoreposting. It looks like it's your job for next week also.

Enjoy your new yarn, Greyhoundgrandma!

:manyheart

Great job on the scoreposting. It looks like it's your job for next week also.

Enjoy your new yarn, Greyhoundgrandma!

Thanks--lots of projects lined up!

Next week I'll be posting the scores late Sunday afternoon. We're taking the RV and will be at a weekend meeting not in an RV park, so no hook-up including internet.

Thanks--lots of projects lined up!

Next week I'll be posting the scores late Sunday afternoon. We're taking the RV and will be at a weekend meeting not in an RV park, so no hook-up including internet.

And I'll be posting right behind you with the YTD scores. Please post in big letters and colors. It makes it much easier for everyone.

I got all the colors into the sweetheart ripple now. It's going to look FANTASTIC!!!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1332548515.jpg

Yes, it is!! That looks awesome! Now I have to see if I have that pattern somewhere...

:oops

I missed posting! :lol It's okay though, because I haven't used enough yarn this week to count. :P

Week ending 3/24/2012

WTD 0

Sorry I'm late... :wink

Yes, it is!! That looks awesome! Now I have to see if I have that pattern somewhere...

It's in the February 2009 Crochet World magazine. Also the ripple afghans booklet can be downloaded from Annie's Attic.

It's in the February 2009 Crochet World magazine. Also the ripple afghans booklet can be downloaded from Annie's Attic.

Yay!! I thought it looked vaguely familiar - Crochet World is the only magazine I subscribe to, off to check my stack for that issue!! :cheer

Found it! I love it so much more in the bright colors - maybe that's why this pattern didn't catch my eye the first time I saw it! :lol

Yay!! I thought it looked vaguely familiar - Crochet World is the only magazine I subscribe to, off to check my stack for that issue!! :cheer

Found it! I love it so much more in the bright colors - maybe that's why this pattern didn't catch my eye the first time I saw it! :lol

I had seen someone do it in rainbow colors is why I decided to do bright colors! It looks so good in more than one color for the hearts! And the white really makes the bright colors pop!

:turtle and :rabbit tied this week. :)

:turtle:vheart

:cheer for :rabbit and :cheer for :turtle !

I am trying to get my filter and pond up and running. I'm soaked..at least it is a little bit warmer today and I'm at least under a partial greenhouse cover..the rest tore off in the wind, but it helps it be a little bit warmer!

I had seen someone do it in rainbow colors is why I decided to do bright colors! It looks so good in more than one color for the hearts! And the white really makes the bright colors pop!

It sure does!! :D

I was feeling kind of bad about my -eighty something this week which makes -fifty something for the year. But then I looked back at last year. I was -253 at this point! It's all a matter of perspective!

Exactly! This time last year, I was at -414! Makes my current -110 look like nothing! :lol

Okay, I used 2 skeins on 2 different ugly blankets, and a skein on a baby blanket (solas caomh pattern). Now I have a question.

How do you count a magic ball if you used full skeins to make it (but just parts of a full skein, kwim?) And then how do you count the rest of those skeins? Can I count the magic ball as 1, and still count the other skeins as 2 IF I use the rest of the skein on say 1 thing, and not on making another magic ball?

OH crud....now I missed posting my score 2 weeks in a row :eek But, in my defense I was away this weekend and had a bachelorette party on Saturday night. I met some fellow villers earlier in the day so I had planned to post my score after our meeting since I knew I'd be doing some crocheting there.....and I completely forgot :blush:shrug

Oh well, I think I only had a point or 2 anyways....off to go reset my siggy for this week :think

Okay, I used 2 skeins on 2 different ugly blankets, and a skein on a baby blanket (solas caomh pattern). Now I have a question.

How do you count a magic ball if you used full skeins to make it (but just parts of a full skein, kwim?) And then how do you count the rest of those skeins? Can I count the magic ball as 1, and still count the other skeins as 2 IF I use the rest of the skein on say 1 thing, and not on making another magic ball?

If you haven't used the magic ball or the leftovers from the skeins I wouldn't count anything yet :)

The magic ball itself would be a combo of the skeins it was made out of. If you used 1 full skein and 1/2 of 3 others the entire ball would be equivalent then of 5 points (2+1+1+1) But, I wouldn't count any of that until I had used the the entire ball. The partial skeins leftover would be rolled and count as 1 each whenever they were used.

hope that is what you were asking and made some sense.

OH crud....now I missed posting my score 2 weeks in a row :eek But, in my defense I was away this weekend and had a bachelorette party on Saturday night. I met some fellow villers earlier in the day so I had planned to post my score after our meeting since I knew I'd be doing some crocheting there.....and I completely forgot :blush:shrug

Oh well, I think I only had a point or 2 anyways....off to go reset my siggy for this week :think

Weddings must be in the air. I was at a bachelorette party on Friday night :D

Archived