2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Used a skein on a swap project.

OH! I bet that's gonna be pretty!!!

:turtle:vheart

I think so--it's spectrum: blue, green, purple. I got a couple of other colors for scarves, too--calypso and psychedelic. I love the colors, and can live with the variation in thickness, but wish it was a little softer for the scarves.

I have "daydream" ordered for the baby blanket pattern from the web site, but now I'm not sure about using it for that. I'll just see how this one feels as it gets bigger.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crochet ADD has struck again!!! I started 3 different thing yesterday!!! A slouchy hat for DD, some mary Jane slippers (which I frogged because it wasn't turning out), and a washcloth. I finished the washcloth, so I'm proud of myself for already starting Christmas gifts (which is what the slippers are going to be for as well). But I didn't use up enough yarn to count. :sigh

Crochet ADD has struck again!!! I started 3 different thing yesterday!!! A slouchy hat for DD, some mary Jane slippers (which I frogged because it wasn't turning out), and a washcloth. I finished the washcloth, so I'm proud of myself for already starting Christmas gifts (which is what the slippers are going to be for as well). But I didn't use up enough yarn to count. :sigh

Christmas gifts?!?!?! :eek You rock! :cheer

Beautiful Mary!

Went shopping...bought 8 skeins. So at -14 so far for the week, but I hope to get my swap package out this week which will put me back into the positives.

I must be nutttts

got some self striping yarn a while back to make a scarf.

decided I didn't like the colors together once I could see the striping pattern- bad when they are in the same skein of yarn :eek sorry Bernat but pink and green so not go with peach and orange - even if it's supposed to be "blossoms"

sooo, I made a bunch of granny squares, and cut the "bad part" out and made grannies out of it as well :hook had enough of the one "stripe" to make a baby afghan - had yarn in my stash for cocoon and hat, but needed colors I didn't have to make the same out of the other "stripe". -16

fortunately I have been able to use up 3 1/2 skeins so -9

a most interesting process

I may not be back in the positives by the end of the week , but at least I fixed my color issues :devil

Mary--I love the pineapples!!

Jennifer--congrats on winning the camera!

Lynn--Wow, that's a lot of work to make use of your yarn!

I finished one skein in the mosaic afghan, so I'm down to -52.

Adding to my score! Got back to working on my Welcome afghan and use up another skein...so far here is how it looks..

+3

Beautiful afghan Mary!

Beautiful Mary!

Went shopping...bought 8 skeins. So at -14 so far for the week, but I hope to get my swap package out this week which will put me back into the positives.

Shopping? With out me?? :( We have to compare calendars AFTER March 31st and connect somewhere in the middle. Having :turtle withdrawals something fierce!

I must be nutttts

decided I didn't like the colors together once I could see the striping pattern- bad when they are in the same skein of yarn :eek sorry Bernat but pink and green so not go with peach and orange - even if it's supposed to be "blossoms"

sooo, I made a bunch of granny squares, and cut the "bad part" out and made grannies out of it as well :hook had enough of the one "stripe" to make a baby afghan - had yarn in my stash for cocoon and hat, but needed colors I didn't have to make the same out of the other "stripe". -16

I may not be back in the positives by the end of the week , but at least I fixed my color issues :devil

That is a lot of work Lynn. You must have a lot of patience.

I must be nutttts

Wow :eek That is a lot of work, I would've just given it away :lol But wait to see how it turns out for you after all that patience. I'm guessing you'll have quite a bit of ends to tuck too :think

I didn't even touch a hook last night. Too tired from the day, so I went to bed at 8:15, watching Dance Moms. What a goofy show!

:manyheart

Shopping? With out me?? :( We have to compare calendars AFTER March 31st and connect somewhere in the middle. Having :turtle withdrawals something fierce!

Sorry. I couldn't wait that long. :( I'll still be working Thurs-Sun, but I could swap a Sat with someone and we could go to Sanford. :D

Used another skein in the afghan-- down to -50. My other order is showing shipping info received by fedex today; it looks like it won't come until next week. So I may be Shoot the Moon Queen two weeks in a row!

I've been managing to work through my stash with the CAL. I also used up one skein this week on the sweater I'm making...although, it looks like I'm going to have to put away the sweater for next winter!

It just dawned on me that I sent 5 skeins off in the mail Monday, so it's -40 now!

Didn't get much done last night, but I'm going with DH today. So I hope to have some good crocheting time after running a couple of errands.

Sorry. I couldn't wait that long. :( I'll still be working Thurs-Sun, but I could swap a Sat with someone and we could go to Sanford. :D

That'll work. After March 31st, it's a plan!!

No crochet time last night. After class, I came home to ribs in the oven ready to eat. After that I was too tired and stuffed to crochet. Maybe tonight? There are still 1 1/2 panels to finish stitching together on the flannelghan. Will this EVER get done?? Hopefully before the weddiing in a couple weeks.

Here's to a great Thursday!!!:hook

I didn't get in any hook time last night, hoping for some tonight though :xfin

Me and you need to sit down and hook together. This might be the only way we'll get anything done. :crocheting

Me and you need to sit down and hook together. This might be the only way we'll get anything done. :crocheting

I know, right!? I don't have anything on my agenda tonight until 12:30 am :eek My friend is catching the bus from Philly so I have to go pick her up, so I'll have to be up late anyway :yes

Archived