What is the Thing You Misplace the Most?

Nox

My phone! Thankfully I have several home phones but I have one that is still missing from it's recharging stand. Have no idea where it could be. I've looked down in the cushions of the sofa and chairs, under furniture. Just can't figure out where it could have gone. Hoping I did not leave it outside. I did sometimes take it out by the pool so I could hear it if it rang. But there are only so many places it could go out there too. Maybe the pups carted it off and hid it. Hate to blame them when I have probably misplaced it myself, but they have been known to have a stash or two of the strangest items! When we had our dachshund Katie, she was famous for hiding things. She had a dog bed with a pillow that came out. She would stuff things under that pillow until there was no way the bed was comfy anymore. I'd find a shoe, a toy, a sock, a game controller -- Some crazy things!!! :) Strangely, I do not lose my cell phone like I do my home phones. Thankfully -- maybe it is the subconscious knowledge of how expensive they are to replace if you aren't due a new phone on your plan. Makes me more careful!

I don't lose my glasses because I am so blind they rarely come off. Usually only to sleep & shower. Other than that -- they are on my face. :)

Well, since we are talking crochet here, I lose my crochet hooks the most, but only temporarily, like when they slip into my recliner when I get up for something. I have loads of them, just in case!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually my hooks.. I will be crocheting, stop to weave in an end, and viola.. hook is gone.. I have to put down my item.. get up and start looking for it.. on the floor, in the side and back of the couch.. under the couch.. on the table next to the couch.. and then 1/2 the time I have put it in my mouth and didn't realize it! So as you see.. it is my mind I also miss..

I've lost track of how many hooks I've lost. I now buy 3 or 4 of one kind just to be sure I still have one next time. For my favorite hooks, I am super careful because Susan Bates doesn't make those older ones any more (the new ones are a little different). I've lost those multiple times of course, but always found them again, thank God!

I also constantly lose my craft scissors (still have a pair at large, no idea where it went), and yarn needles. I'm actually searching for my smaller needles right now, because I need one to weave in ends on a thread project. So far no luck. I hope it turns up or I'll have to buy new ones (again). :blush

My kids' shoes. They both have multiple pairs. On occasion I have found a different shoe in each room of the entire house. It doesn't help that our dog likes to pick them up and carry them off.

keys... my WAD of keys was missing from last November when I changed vehicles for the winter. I've looked this house over numerous times. I knew God knew where they were. Finally I decided they were left in a vehcile. So I searched all the cars, even ones I didn't remember driving at that time (My dh is a car collector, at least they all run!). He found them about a week ago..they were in the grass out in the orchard. So they dropped in the grass before snow..after snow couldn't see them..and they finally emerged. Or something like that :rofl At least I have my keys back and none worse the wear for their outside ordeal

Archived