Cool Crochet

shelain22

I have it and love it. There are lots of cool patterns(hence the title), and a dress that my daughter wants. But for me, collecting crochet books is part of the whole crochet addiction!:D

I haven't bought it yet, but I look at it everytime I am in a craft store or book store. I am just waiting to get a "few" of my current projects done before I buy it, otherwise I will be too overwhelmed with project ideas!!!

I have it, and I'm currently working on a halter top from the book. It's got lots of great patterns; I highly recommend it.

A few other people here have it and have made some really cute things...you might try doing a search in "show and tell."

I have it and love it. I just bought it and am working on one of the wraps in it. What I really liked, besides the patterns themselves, was the variety of sizes each pattern had. Most of it went from Small to XL and a lot even to an XXL and some to an 3XL. Well worth my money.

Must join in on the love fest. ;) I absolutely adore that book, though goodness I hope they fed the model for that purple dress after they took her photo. Poor thing looks like she hasn't had a good hot meal in months. I love not only the patterns but the tips they give. I have already used their suggestion to start out DC rows with a linked DC to hide that "hole" the turning chain tends to leave.

Now, being odd, I haven't actually made anything out of it, though I did shrink the dress pattern for my older daughter. (here) I also was inspired to make a couple of wire-and-bead crochet pieces by the necklace pattern in the book, & I appreciated the suggestion of using hemp & wooden beads to make a similar necklace with a different vibe to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, get it. It is so great. I love it. I've made one thing from it and it was super fast and easy and I am making the sweater on the cover right now. It is so worth the money.:hook

I have had my eye on that pattern. What yarn did you choose? That is the only thing that is keeping me from doing it.

I have had my eye on that pattern. What yarn did you choose? That is the only thing that is keeping me from doing it.

Well I'm poor and can't afford the yarn choice listed:lol . So I started using what I had at home, and it was some RH Plush. I haven't gotten very far in the pattern, but I think that the yarn is too thick and the sweater will end up being too big. I did a swatch and it didn't seem that far off, but working some of the back piece and holding it against me it looks like it will be too big. I am not sure of a nice-priced yarn with lycra in it though, that is the problem. :(

some RH Plush. I haven't gotten very far in the pattern, but I think that the yarn is too thick and the sweater will end up being too big. I did a swatch and it didn't seem that far off, but working some of the back piece and holding it against me it looks like it will be too big.

Maybe if you work a smaller size to account for the bigger gauge? (Unless you are already a "small" then that wouldn't help). I am interested to see how yours turns out!

Maybe if you work a smaller size to account for the bigger gauge? (Unless you are already a "small" then that wouldn't help). I am interested to see how yours turns out!

I am a small already:lol . I am working a little more on it and if my stitch count hadn't been off I would be further into it:(

I bought Cool Crochet because it inspires me. There's a sweater in there I want to make, so now I have to learn all the skills I'll need for that. :-) A couple of the projects look easy enough even for a beginner like me - in fact, I'm quite tempted to try the mesh scarf ("Rebecca", on pgs 46-47).

Projects include a couple of skimpy things like a string bikini and a bare-midriff style halter top. The rest of the book features numerous tops and sweaters, a skirt, a shawl, a poncho, a dress, hats, a handbag, and a shoulder bag. Skill level for projects ranges from advanced beginner advanced.

Archived