RecycleCindy

Double Thick Potholder & Dishcloth

17 posts in this topic

I finally have a decent looking double diagonally crocheted potholder to share. I have tried these before and just couldn't get the potholder to come out right. I used a H hook and chained 32 to make my potholder bigger. This is about 5-3/4" square. I used the Mieklke's pattern for the potholder.

The dishcloth is my magic mesh dishcloth pattern. I made this little set for my son's new apt. I hope he thinks the colors are "guy" colors. :think

post-10977-135897684075_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

HA! I recently came up with the same dishcloth in hdc and thought I was really clever, but there really is nothing new under the sun, is there? LOL! LOVE BOTH OF THESE! :)

:cheer I am so glad you made a potholder you like. Your son has to like this set. Looks like guy colors to me.

I love Mielke's pattern and have made many different sizes. In fact, I just finished 2 the other day for one of my sons since he does all the cooking. Keep at it and you too will be breezing through her pattern.

I think they look wonderful...and they do look "guy-ish" to me.

I'm going to have to check out that potholder pattern--I've been looking for a nice double-thick approach and I really haven't liked any of my attempts.

Yours is great :)

Love them, I have used the magic potholder pattern and love it. Even worsted arcrylic works good. I don't use much cotton.