NEW STOCK Turn-Of-The-Century Hooks

divaborn

You are an evil, evil woman. EVIL, I say. You led me straight into temptation and once I got there I did the rest all by myself ...

I just ordered 5 hooks ... 4 for me and 1 to donate for the silent auction :)

Now I don't feel so bad....:lol :lol :lol

OMG!!! I just always assumed that these were expensive hooks so I never looked before... Nobody told me they were a reasonable $13!!!! :eek Perhaps I need to inform friends/family of an excellent Christmas present...:hook

Well I just had to do it!:D Not only did I buy a hook but also a pair of knitting needles. I cant wait to get them and try them out. I have heard a lot about them so I figured why not. If I love the hook I am planning to as hubby for the hook case and set for my birthday. :D I love wood knitting needles and hope these are wonderful. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting...uh huh...my bank account is thanking you as I of course had to go take a look, and of course happened to fall in love with one or two :blush hooks.

Would you believe I went straight to the website even though I own a TTC in every size?:blush Is there any justification to owning 2 hooks of one size? I even have the box for my 6 smaller hooks. They are wonderful and the price is much better than those ones on Ebay.

Rachel

I am ashamed to saw I don't have one of Bill's hooks yet :eek But I LOVE looking at them!

Donna

Ditto for me, too! They aren't expensive, by any stretch, but I still don't have the money for them. I wish I did though! :lol

• 5 weeks later...

Well, thanks a lot for drawing this site to my attention. I am now the proud owner of a new TOTC hook! :lol I had to have one after I saw them! I might have to save it for special projects, however, since it's so beautiful and I'm so afraid my death grip will snap it. Yet another reason to work on eliminating some stress from my life. Things will defintely destress after this semester is over.

Patty

Ditto for me, too! They aren't expensive, by any stretch, but I still don't have the money for them. I wish I did though! :lol

Ditto that a dozen times! I've heard so much about them, and I would definitely love to try crocheting with a wood hook. Maybe someday...

Would you believe I went straight to the website even though I own a TTC in every size?:blush Is there any justification to owning 2 hooks of one size? I even have the box for my 6 smaller hooks. They are wonderful and the price is much better than those ones on Ebay.

Rachel

I have [what for me is] a complete set in cocobolo and cherry - I don't use the smaller sizes so I don't buy them - and now I've started on my next set, which will be in African Blackwood and Maple. Right now, I have two H's and it's so very difficult choosing which to use.

Suffice it to say - my metal hooks barely see the light of day anymore.

I just LOVE my TOTC hook. I ordered an I and a pair of knitting needles and boy are they the best!! Now I want the whole set of hooks and more needles!!! They are most certianly the best quality for the money.

I will join this convo since I am a self proclaimed worshipper of TOTC. I have....ohhhh....probably about 10 of them and just ordered two more I hooks. I always have 6 or 7 projects going and always use the wooden ones. I barely use my aluminum anymore at all unless traveling and just don't want to lose a nice wooden hook :) Plus, Bill is the best. He's fast, his work is just awesome.

He's getting low on stock so I suspect he'll be updating soon too!!! Temptation!!!!! :)

They are sumptious! I think I need a little gift for me hahaha! Thanks for posting the link...

Here's a quick question to those of you with the wooden hooks....what is the difference like in your crochet? hand feel? Compared to aluminum.

Robin in MI :cheer

I had never had a wooden hook until DivaBorn enticed me into the wonderful world of ToTC hooks with this thread ... now I'm (pardon the pun) HOOKED. The hand feel is fabulous, and I love how Bill's hooks just slide through the yarn. Also I notice that I crochet a little less tightly with my ToTC hooks than with aluminum hooks, which is good. I have 4 sizes, and honestly the only time I use non-ToTC hooks in those sizes now is for travel or work projects; I live in fear that I'd lose or somehow break my gorgeous wood hooks if I took them out of the house! When Bill puts more up, I'll definitely be filling out my selection of sizes and probably buying at least one more G and one more H (the ones I use most).

Well I am excited! I ordered my first TOTC hook! It is a size J in African Blackwood.

Next week after payday I'm going to look about ordering other hook sizes I use the most....woo hoo what fun!

You guys are right Bill is very prompt and extremely helpful!

Robin in MI :hook

My plea for TOTC hooks is falling on deaf ears, DH's ears to be exact!If we ordered in bulk do you think he would cut us a deal? I know when we order pc parts their cheaper "by the dozen" . If we all ordered and had them shipped to one cville member who we payed to shipo them to us maby it would make them a little more affordeable for some of us.

I think Bill's prices are already *very* resonable for the product he sells... Alot of time goes into each hook, as no two are alike, and they must be hand sanded and polished - I think a "bulk" discount in this case isn't something that's even possible.

If you'd like cheaper, mass produced wooden hooks, you should search for Brittanys.

Oh my goodness.....this hook is so lovely! I am speechless....these have to worth far more than Bill sells them for! I just got my African Blackwood J hook today and I am p/o'd I have to go to work instead of crocheting LOL....

Lovely lovely...once he puts up some new stock I'm going to try to collect the African Blackwood hooks in all of the sizes...they are too goregous for words!

Robin

Archived