2012 Special Olympics Scarf Project

cris

OK ladies and gents. The colors have been announced!!!!!

In addition to the colors, we can use Red Heart Super Saver OR Red Heart Soft yarns (YAY!!!!)

And the colors are:

*drum roll please*

Navy and Cherry Red

Red Heart Super Saver 387 Soft Navy

Red Heart Super Saver 319 Cherry Red

Red Heart Soft 4604 Navy

Red Heart Soft 9925 Really Red

So, I figure we can use this thread to share our scarves and other information about the project.

Please note: I am not an official spokeswoman or anything for the project. It's just a project I like to support.... and of course, the earlier we get started, the more we can get done!

If you are looking for more information on the project, visit their website at http://www.scarvesforspecialolympics.org/

Happy Hooking!

- Cris

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hooray!! Fortunately I already have these colors in my stash.

I'm going to check for sure! I have a bin of the RH soft for a babbette blanket (that I doubt I'll ever get around too :) ) and there HAS to be navy and that red in there.

yes, the colors are

Red Heart Super Saver 387 Soft Navy

Red Heart Super Saver 319 Cherry Red

Red Heart Soft 4604 Navy

Red Heart Soft 9925 Really Red

as stated on the Special Olympics web site. WOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOO

I love the red & blue color combo and am pleased with the Soft yarn choice too! I really do like the soft yarn. It brought me back to Red Heart! I just wish I could get some better color selection locally. I can order online, but it takes away from the pleasure I get buying yarn in person. I know it might sound weird, but I really enjoy squishing my yarn -- Buying yarn should involve as many of the senses as possible -- especially touch!

I think I will get together what I need to make a couple of these on a trip I have coming up next week. A scarf is the perfect "take with" project!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to check for sure! I have a bin of the RH soft for a babbette blanket (that I doubt I'll ever get around too :) ) and there HAS to be navy and that red in there.

I have the blue,but need to get the red

Red is my favorite color..so what color DON'T I have in my bin..yeah red :lol

I love the red & blue color combo and am pleased with the Soft yarn choice too! I really do like the soft yarn. It brought me back to Red Heart! I just wish I could get some better color selection locally. I can order online, but it takes away from the pleasure I get buying yarn in person. I know it might sound weird, but I really enjoy squishing my yarn, feeling it, playing with it a little, even rubbing it against my face if no one is looking and I haven't put much makeup on. ;) Buying yarn should involve as many of the senses as possible -- especially touch!

I think I will get together what I need to make a couple of these on a trip I have coming up next week. A scarf is the perfect "take with" project!

I like their choice of color this year too and also like that they used the soft. I also touchy/feely the yarn before buying. Much of the RHSS solid colors I won't use because they are so coarse. There are a few that are ok. Most of the variegated I find is coarse. But the soft yarn is great!!

Ok MAYBE I need to go to Michaels..... :think:eek:cheer:cheer:lol:hook

I'm not wild over the colors, but I do love doing these scarves. I picked up the colors in the Red Heart Soft Yarn over the weekend.

Hey all! I convinced my grandmother to help and make some scarves this year! I even bought her a skein of each yarn and printed a bunch of patterns for her...lol!

Not sure which ones I will be doing yet. I have a few projects to finish in the next couple months so not sure when I'll get to these yet. Nice thing about scarves is that they make a great "I need a break from this other project" thing to make!

I can find the RHS in navy, but cannot find the red. grrrrrr I do NOT like using RHSS. Wonder if they'd notice if I use caron pounders instead..the navy is real close..have to find my little ball of red RHSS to see if the caron red is close

Thanks - it's a speedy project!

I just glanced at the pattern and I love patterns that are multi color but carry the yarn along. Makes it sooo much easier!

I will have to try that..if I can find the yarn :lol

I just glanced at the pattern and I love patterns that are multi color but carry the yarn along. Makes it sooo much easier!

I will have to try that..if I can find the yarn :lol

My HL actually got the yarn in. They had not had it before this week. Perhaps they know they need to be stocking up on it!

And yea - definitely nice to carry it along!

Thanks, all - my yarn order from the Red Heart site just arrived the other day which is why I was able to start making some scarves for the project on the weekend. Yes, my preference is to do whatever is most efficient, so when it comes to color changing I usually opt for the easy way with stripes & alternating 2 rows of each color!

Archived