My first Seraphina Shawl

mnhinojos

Sorry, the picture is blurry, I had to use my blackberry to take the picture. I used Ester Bitran Linares yarn. The picture does NOT do this yarn justice. It is soooooo pretty. While crocheting this, often I would stop and just cuddle the yarn to my face, feeling it. My husband called me a big yarn dork. :D I'll replace the pics if I can get better ones tonight. I love this shawl so much that I'm having a hard time giving it away. I don't know who to give it to, why not me?!:hook

post-33151-135897652982_thumb.jpg

post-33151-135897652987_thumb.jpg

It is beautiful! I think you should keep this one as your prototype! :D

I still have not given away my first (and only) Seraphina Shawl yet either! I thinlk it took me so long to get the hang of it, I am afraid I may never make another one. Once I got it, it was like a smack to the forehead -- not nearly as difficult as I tried to make it. ;) The pattern is such so gorgeous! Each one is an original as the yarn color and type makes them so unique. I can almost feel the softness of yours through the pictures.

Gorgeous! I made three of them one for me, one for my mom, and one for my middle sister. Ooops forgot, I actually made a minnie on for my neice and trimmed it with pink fun fur. Wish I still had pics of them. That was two computers ago. I think I have them saved on disc somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the comments! I have started on another Seraphina, this time using some beautiful Handmaiden Sea Silk, in the colorway Paris. But I still have this other Seraphina on the arm of the couch where I sit....still can't give it away! :crocheting

My daughter was just asking about her Seraphina I'm supposed to make her... The pattern is tucked away somewhere..lol...We've moved twice and still have stuff all over...Great job, and can't wait to see your next one..And I concur, you SHOULD keep your first one...HUGS

I love your shawl it is very pretty husbands who don't do crocheting or knitting just don't understand why we woman love our yarn nothing wrong with hugging ones yarn.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep it! It's beautiful. We crocheters always seem to think of the other person before ourselves. Make another one if you want to give it away. This one is definitely on my list for my wife.

Your shawl is GORGEOUS! One of these days I am gonna try The Seraphina Shawl again! I just can't seem to get it right!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh it's so pretty and sparkly! And, it's a color that'll go with almost anything. You should definitely keep it-- you never know when you'll have a fashion emergency and need a fabulous shawl :devil

Archived