crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Mary! 16 totes!!! I can't imagine having enough yarn for that many!

Sue... muwhahahahaha! :lol love the colors.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

(,,,)^(,,,) Good Morning..................

hope all is well with everyone!

I LOVE all these totes that are flyin' off the hooks here! You guys are just doing an awesome job!

Today I'm hoping to get some time with my hook and yarn! I have some chores to do... and alot of sanitizing due to 2 of my grandkids being sick and spreading germs around my house. :sigh I have a sore throat... and a slight case of laryngitis. :(

It would help if I had my daughters help keeping the germs under control... but its just me running around wiping... spraying... cleaning.

Anyhow... wanted to pop in and say HI :hi.... not complain!

have a GREAT day everyone!!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Looks good Sue! Love that color combo :yes

#17 will be for my sisters DIL in Michigan. My sister would like me to make her one..and hand deliver it :lol:sigh wish I had time to do just that

Thanks. Soon everyone you know will have one. :lol

Nice looking in the cotton Sue!

kuddles

Thanks Mama! I like working with the cotton. This one was Sugar 'n Cream. Just got back from HL with some ILTC to try it in, but I know I will have to use a smaller hook since its thinner.

Sue... muwhahahahaha! :lol love the colors.

:devil

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

I LOVE all these totes that are flyin' off the hooks here! You guys are just doing an awesome job!

Today I'm hoping to get some time with my hook and yarn! I have some chores to do... and alot of sanitizing due to 2 of my grandkids being sick and spreading germs around my house. :sigh I have a sore throat... and a slight case of laryngitis. :(

It would help if I had my daughters help keeping the germs under control... but its just me running around wiping... spraying... cleaning.

At first I thought it said they spread GEMS around the house. Really? I want some! :lol

:hug

:turtle:vheart

Thanks Mama! I like working with the cotton. This one was Sugar 'n Cream. Just got back from HL with some ILTC to try it in, but I know I will have to use a smaller hook since its thinner.

It is a bit thinner but it is sooooooooooooooooooo soft! I love it! But the stiffer cotton probably works better for totes and go green bags.

kuddles (mama)

Originally Posted by TurtleLvr

This one was Sugar 'n Cream. Just got back from HL with some ILTC to try it in, but I know I will have to use a smaller hook since its thinner.

Sue, what hook did you use for the snc one? I used an I on both of mine.

It is a bit thinner but it is sooooooooooooooooooo soft! I love it! But the stiffer cotton probably works better for totes and go green bags.

kuddles (mama)

Yes Mama. :lol I just wanted to try it out. :)

Sue, what hook did you use for the snc one? I used an I on both of mine.

I used a K hook and it came out the same size as the others and wasn't loose.

:lol Sue!!! I would not be getting rid of GEMS..... GeRms yes... Gems.. no...LOL

I did attempt to not have the most horrible mothers day yesterday by mentally spending time with my dad by making homemade strawberry/rhubarb jam .... which David went and picked the rhubarb for me.

post-18634-135897656502_thumb.jpg

and homemade rhubarb pie......... which my family totally dug into before me getting a good pic. Guess they like it. :)

post-18634-135897656498_thumb.jpg

My daddy made these things every summer and I always helped... I sure do miss him!!!!!!!!

I haven't made this pattern in cotton yet (sugar and cream or peaches and cream) but I have made double strand totes before and I also used a k hook. the bag could stand up on it's own with nothing in it.

finished with the corner to corner afghan, except for the border..yay!! Just started working on tote number 3, have colors picked out for 4 and 5...I think I am officially hooked....

Teakaycee, take care of that sore throat......I am now on week 2, with a special trip to the er last night because of a sore throat that has become bronchitis, I have a new found respect for everyone out there with asthma, it's more than a bit scary not to be able to breath!

:lol Sue!!! I would not be getting rid of GEMS..... GeRms yes... Gems.. no...LOL

I did attempt to not have the most horrible mothers day yesterday by mentally spending time with my dad by making homemade strawberry/rhubarb jam .... which David went and picked the rhubarb for me.

[ATTACH]39038[/ATTACH]

and homemade rhubarb pie......... which my family totally dug into before me getting a good pic. Guess they like it. :)

[ATTACH]39037[/ATTACH]

My daddy made these things every summer and I always helped... I sure do miss him!!!!!!!!

YUM!!!! Save me a piece! :)

finished with the corner to corner afghan, except for the border..yay!! Just started working on tote number 3, have colors picked out for 4 and 5...I think I am officially hooked....

I keep saying I need to put a warning label on it! :lol

So Sue did you use a K hook for the cotton yarn too? And until I read this thread I never knew that HL I Love This Yarn is thinner! I'll be dipped! :think

Yes I used a K hook with the Sugar 'n Cream. :) Probably go to an I for the ILTC. ILTC is thinner than the SNC, not the ILTY! :)

[ATTACH]39038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39037[/ATTACH]

My mom sure loves rhubarb! She always had a 'volunteer' come up every year in her garden. I never learned to like it....

kuddles

So Sue did you use a K hook for the cotton yarn too? And until I read this thread I never knew that HL I Love This Yarn is thinner! I'll be dipped! :think

Not sure about the ILTY but the ILTC is just a bit thinner...

kuddles

Mary, loved #16 too!

Sue, I'm going to try one in cotton next.

Tam, I :heart rhubarb/strawberry anything! YUMMMMMMMMMMM

Marisa, glad you made it home safely.

#15! This is for my grandson, Wyatt. So it's in darker boy type colors.....edit...lost count..this one is #16 :rofl

Great job Mary!! I can't believe you've finished #16!!! :lol

Just finished this one. I had to do a cotton one after seeing Stephanie's.

[ATTACH]39017[/ATTACH]

Both totes are great. Mary, I can't believe you are already on #16!

The tote I made from WW acrylic stands up on its own, (which I like). Do you think a tote made form cotton will stand on its own too? I always think that cotton yarn seems heavier, and I'm wondering if that will make it more likely to collapse.

Both totes are great. Mary, I can't believe you are already on #16!

The tote I made from WW acrylic stands up on its own, (which I like). Do you think a tote made form cotton will stand on its own too? I always think that cotton yarn seems heavier, and I'm wondering if that will make it more likely to collapse.

Thanks Cindy. Mary is nuts. :loco:lol

The cotton one flops over. :)

Well, I was kind of thinking something similar about Mary.(sorry Mary:manyheart, but sheesh...16 totes and more to come!!!!) She is certainly a tote making maniac!!:D

That's what I thought would happen to the cotton one. I might make one to take to the farmers market though. The round shape would be really good for that. Better than the flat ones, I think.

Look at all the cute totes! Has anyone made a red, white & blue one for Memorial Day?

Penny:cheer

Dawn (crochetluvknot) made one in red, white and blue. :)

Great job Mary!! I can't believe you've finished #16!!! :lol

Just finished this one. I had to do a cotton one after seeing Stephanie's.

[ATTACH]39017[/ATTACH]

Love it!!!

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

Oh, Tam- Sorry to hear that the GERMS are back!!! And that DD is no help! And no worries about "complaining"- I would be frustrated too! Please take care of yourself!!!

[ATTACH]39038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39037[/ATTACH]

My daddy made these things every summer and I always helped... I sure do miss him!!!!!!!

I never had rhubarb before my oldest DD made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie for me on one of my visits to Boston to see her. I love it. I bought one at the Orchards for Easter- Who knew strawberry rhubarb was so good? And I know what you mean- about missing your Daddy! :hug I miss mine too- can't believe that in March it was 7 years already- and that today marks the 12th anniversary of my Mom's passing. The years just are flying by!

I haven't made this pattern in cotton yet (sugar and cream or peaches and cream) but I have made double strand totes before and I also used a k hook. the bag could stand up on it's own with nothing in it.

Teakaycee, take care of that sore throat......I am now on week 2, with a special trip to the er last night because of a sore throat that has become bronchitis, I have a new found respect for everyone out there with asthma, it's more than a bit scary not to be able to breath!

Feel better!!!:hug And yes, you are officially hooked!!:hook

okay, I had to go check and my peaches and cream tote with an I hook stands on it's own.

Thanks Tam! You've made me hungry with your strawberry and rhubarb so now I'm off to make me some toast. :lol

hey! I resemble that...

Look at all the cute totes! Has anyone made a red, white & blue one for Memorial Day?

Penny:cheer

Someone did previous in this thread. I have one in the planning stages :lol

Well, I was kind of thinking something similar about Mary.(sorry Mary:manyheart, but sheesh...16 totes and more to come!!!!) She is certainly a tote making maniac!!:D

Sheesh..I don't get no respect :hook

Good morning Tote making addicts!!!!

I almost finished my 6th tote last night I ran out of yarn with a row and 1/2 to go:eek. After work tonight I'll check out my stash and hopefully will find another skein of turqua out there! I used the Peruvian print that I used on one of the totes on the bottom, then used turqua and green for the body of the tote, used the remaining Peruvian print for the two rows before the handle and am ending with turqua. It truly is a "Stash Buster" tote!!

Archived