Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning,

Tammy- So sorry to read that Ken has a temp! :hug Prayers being said! :hug

Judy- I read that Tiger had a good day at the Master's. I'm going to miss the Yankee game again today- going out early this afternoon with DD and her MIL- will probably catch the end though- and hopefully a winning game! How's your wrist feeling?

Linda- Enjoy your Saturday- and hoping your back is doing ok- and no heavy moving of furniture!!!:lol

Marisa- :clap your team won! What a great start to your weekend!! Enjoy your time with your parents!!!!

Cheeria- Thinking about you and wondering how your navajo weaving is coming along!

Cindy- Hope your first Saturday working in a while goes by quickly.

Marlene- Waiting to hear that you are home safe and sound!

Mary2- Good luck at the rabbit show:cheer

Toni-Hope you were able to rest up yesterday and feeling better today:hug

Wrennie- Will you get a chance to do some walking this weekend? We are supposed to have upper 50 temps so I think I may try to get a walk in this morning before heading out with DD early this afternoon.

Julie- I kept forgetting to ask- did you get a small quilt kit to work on? :think I've also been wondering about Dusti- I thought she would be home from HI by now-

Mary1- Enjoy your day with little man Luke!!!

LeAnna, Sherri, Tab- thinking about you guys!

Off to re-fill the coffee cup :coffee and begin my Saturday morning cleaning!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning everyone.

Judy, I started the dress in the car, and the little blanket on the way home.

I have a quiet day planned, but I do need to go grocery shopping, since I have to work this weekend. We are out of milk and bread.

Here are pictures of this weeks finishes. The dress pattern is here.

I didn't use patterns for the hat and booties.

Very cute!

Wrennie- Will you get a chance to do some walking this weekend? We are supposed to have upper 50 temps so I think I may try to get a walk in this morning before heading out with DD early this afternoon.

I forgot I have to work at another branch with saturday hours today. It's 1/2 a day, then since I'm almost in Kingston anyway I'm going to do a quick grocery store, Michaels & JoAnns run. When I get home if my feet aren't too tired I may go for a walk too. Shopping is a bunch o walking so thats good, but it isn't out in the fresh air and sunshine!

Hugs to all who need it.

Julie that stinks about the yarn.

Good morning everyone.

Judy, I started the dress in the car, and the little blanket on the way home.

I have a quiet day planned, but I do need to go grocery shopping, since I have to work this weekend. We are out of milk and bread.

Here are pictures of this weeks finishes. The dress pattern is here.

I didn't use patterns for the hat and booties.

:mdust.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Love it all!!!¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸:mdust

you did a great job on those!

:heart

:mug

Good morning,

Tammy- So sorry to read that Ken has a temp! :hug Prayers being said! :hug

Judy- I read that Tiger had a good day at the Master's. I'm going to miss the Yankee game again today- going out early this afternoon with DD and her MIL- will probably catch the end though- and hopefully a winning game! How's your wrist feeling?

Linda- Enjoy your Saturday- and hoping your back is doing ok- and no heavy moving of furniture!!!:lol

Marisa- :clap your team won! What a great start to your weekend!! Enjoy your time with your parents!!!!

Cheeria- Thinking about you and wondering how your navajo weaving is coming along!

Cindy- Hope your first Saturday working in a while goes by quickly.

Marlene- Waiting to hear that you are home safe and sound!

Mary2- Good luck at the rabbit show:cheer

Toni-Hope you were able to rest up yesterday and feeling better today:hug

Julie- I kept forgetting to ask- did you get a small quilt kit to work on? :think I've also been wondering about Dusti- I thought she would be home from HI by now-

Mary1- Enjoy your day with little man Luke!!!

LeAnna, Sherri, Tab- thinking about you guys!

Off to re-fill the coffee cup :coffee and begin my Saturday morning cleaning!

Thanks sweetie!!!! :hug

:mdust.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning all¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸:mdust

Thank you all for your love... and prayers!

UPDATE: Doc called us back an told us to hang tight. Because Ken does have an immune system... small as it is right now.. it is trying to do its job. And also.. nothing else has shown up... as in .. cough... aches... pains... etc. So they wouldnt know what to treat any different than the Tylenol we are using. They need it to localize so they can treat that! BUT: if the fever wont break... and/or he has other symptoms... he's to call and then come in.

30 min ago.. his temp was 101.7

We're getting a call back into the doc.:sigh

UPDATE: Doc called us back an told us to hang tight. Because Ken does have an immune system... small as it is right now.. it is trying to do its job. And also.. nothing else has shown up... as in .. cough... aches... pains... etc. So they wouldnt know what to treat any different than the Tylenol we are using. They need it to localize so they can treat that! BUT: if the fever wont break... and/or he has other symptoms... he's to call and then come in.

:hug :hug :hug :hug More hugs and prayers heading your way sweetie.:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

We are awake, but that's about it so far. It's sunshiny and nice out today and supposed to be above 80* today. Pollen count is up to 2,720 today. :eek YUCK!!! No wonder my head feels so stuffed up. Catch you all later when I wake up some more.

Positive thoughts and lots of love coming your way!:hug:hug:hug

GOOD MORNING!!!!! Sitting here with my first cup of:coffee and trying to get prepared for my day. Too much to do, would love to be able to just sit and relax....not going to happen:lol Have to help BF with his Little League team this morning, that is always so much fun:eek Nothing like trying to keep 11 6and 7 yr olds sitting on the bench and asking them to pay attention to the game-not happening! After the game I'm taking dd16 shopping and then stopping by to see my grandbaby for a bit:c9 Then I can come home and watch the SF Giants game.:cheer

Hope everyone has a great day and :hug to everyone!

:hug :hug :hug :hug More hugs and prayers heading your way sweetie.:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

We are awake, but that's about it so far. It's sunshiny and nice out today and supposed to be above 80* today. Pollen count is up to 2,720 today. :eek YUCK!!! No wonder my head feels so stuffed up. Catch you all later when I wake up some more.

Thank you so much!!! :hug

oh... great temp for the day...but not great pollen count... darn it! Hope you are able to enjoy that nice temp today though!

Positive thoughts and lots of love coming your way!:hug:hug:hug

Thank you sweetie!!! :hug

Good... afternoon:lol, peeps!

Tam, hugs and good thoughts and prayers all coming your way...

Linda, I know about this season. We were walking arounda t an outside nursery this morning (not much out yet) and I began sneezing!:P

We've been out and about this AM already, now we'll hang around the house and wait for the Yankee game to start...and peek in on the Masters:D Dinner will be a pizza hubby goes out to bring home.

It's a sport's junky's dream day:lol

My wrist is a little better....TY:) Enjoy your day out!

BBL!

Hi, again. John's seen lots of turkey hens and deer, but no male turkeys to shoot at. Hens are off limits. They're going to try for some wild pigs later today.

The puppies were so funny last night. Trouble started out the night snuggled up to Kim and Sweet Pea was snuggled up to me. That's normal, but some time this morning they switched places and I woke up to Trouble snuggled up to me and Sweet Pea snuggled up to Kim. Didn't get enough sleep, but that's normal when I'm 24 hours a day. I'll have to play catch up on Sunday.

Getting close to finishing up the first side of the prayer shawl. Then on to the second side.

Took a long hot shower last night and that helped work out the last of the sore muscles from shifting furniture around.

Good day to you, Judy. Have a great sports watching day.

Have fun with your Little Leaguers, Trish.

Just finished watching the Yankees win!:clap I got all my cleaning for the day done- just have to do the downstairs bath tomorrow morning! DD, her ML and I had a nice time- out looking at cribs- and then to Babies R Us to ooh and ahhh over all the cute things and for DD to finish the Registry on things we didn't add last time.

Linda- Glad to hear that your back is feeling better- and that is too cute about Sweet Pea and Trouble switching up their places!!!! :)

Faille- How fun to get the new yarn, but then to have to now order a swift and winder! Oh, well, you can now have plenty of time to figure out what you want to make with your beautiful new yarn!!!!:hook

Judy- :clap They won!!! Glad that they will not be shut out by the Red Sox!!!!

Now that the game is over, and the sun is shining- I'm going out for a short walk- BBL

Linda, that was funny about the pups changing places! It seems like they really get along now!

Oooo... the yarn arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous!!! I so look forward to using it. Now the only problem was that it arrived in hanks and I don't have a yarn winder. Oops! Well that will soon be remedied as I placed on order on Amazon for a Amish Style Swift and a Yarn winder that can handle up to 10oz of yarn. It should be here within a week. I guess I'll just have to content myself with deciding which sock pattern to try first in the mean time. Decisions, decisions...

Have fun with the yarn!

Joanne, it was fun watching the Yankees win:D:D

The Masters was exciting too - not sure who ever thought golf was a relaxing game!

Made lots of squares for the 9 patch while the tv was on. I've been joining them as I get a handful made.

Have about 10 or so border squares left to make and then the edging. I already know what i'm going to do with that....:hook

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. I had a good day at work today. Its still super busy, but at least the time went quickly.

However, my mil was hospitalized with chest pain and an irregular heart rhythm early this morning, so my sleep was interrupted. She had a heart cath and a stent placed this morning, but I don't know what they will do about the rhythm.

I went and sat with her a while after work, so I got home quite late. I'm planning to go to bed early, since I have to work again tomorrow and last nights sleep was interrupted.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Good night.

Had a nice walk and then DH and I went out to dinner and then to HomeGoods to look around. I found an ice basket with a lid (rectangular shaped) that is perfect for putting some yarn!!!! Very happy with it! It fits nicely next to one of the bookcases in the family room.

Judy- Hope your wrist won't be barking tomorrow- but I guess if you are alternating between hooking and then stitching squares together, it should be ok.

Cindy- Sorry to hear about your MIL- but glad that she is in the same hospital where you work. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Hope tomorrow is a good day for you!

Off to hook for a little bit before calling it a night---see you all in the AM!

UPDATE on hubby:

Last temp was taken a couple hours ago... being 100.9*

Doctor called back... and told us that because he still doesnt have a cough... or aches and pains... or something else going on... the fever can be controlled at home. UNLESS its to reach 102-103 ... then he goes in!

Hubby happen to have some antibiotic pills left from a few weeks ago... doc said...since he had them... to take them. He is to make an appointment to see the doc Monday morning first thing to get blood work done and see if they can see whats up if no other symptoms show. Not bad news... but not good either... I wish his fever would just break already!!!!

love you guys.. thank you for your love and prayers!

keep it up... it must be working.. cuz he's still home! :whew

Hey ladies :hi

I made it safely last night around midnight and the sixers won :yay:clap We had a busy day....hair is colored, toes are painted, mom got new sneakers, assembled my baby ghan, had dinner, and visited my uncle in the hospital. Now waiting on mom to finish her shower and we're going to watch a movie she has on the dvr and I'm going to start the border for the baby ghan.

All the pics I saw are great :clap:yay

Many prayers for Tam and the whole family as well as Cindy's MIL :manyheart:hug :hug :hug

Oh, my dad found this show called Thrillbillies and I keep thinking of Julie since she always refers to herself as a hillbilly. They're doing these crazy stunts and it's just hysterical :rofl It's on fueltv.

I probably won't be back until after I get back home tomorrow :think

Hello everyone. I had a good day at work today. Its still super busy, but at least the time went quickly.

However, my mil was hospitalized with chest pain and an irregular heart rhythm early this morning, so my sleep was interrupted. She had a heart cath and a stent placed this morning, but I don't know what they will do about the rhythm.

I went and sat with her a while after work, so I got home quite late. I'm planning to go to bed early, since I have to work again tomorrow and last nights sleep was interrupted.

Good night.

Oh sweetie!!! I'm so sorry!

:mdust PRAYING :mdust all will be well with your mom-in-law!

Tammy, prayers continuing to come your way. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Cindy, will keep your mil in my prayers, too. :hug :hug :hug

It's been a quiet day for Kim and I. I made a casserole for supper using gemelli pasta, diced chicken tenders, peas, sauted mushrooms, and a sauce made with chicken broth, milk, and white wine, and assorted spices and garlic. We have enough for a couple more meals.

Getting ready to tuck her in bed now that her breathing treatment is done. Have a good night. I'll lock the doors, start the coffee, and put the night light on. :manyheart

Tammy, prayers continuing to come your way. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Cindy, will keep your mil in my prayers, too. :hug :hug :hug

It's been a quiet day for Kim and I. I made a casserole for supper using gemelli pasta, diced chicken tenders, peas, sauted mushrooms, and a sauce made with chicken broth, milk, and white wine, and assorted spices and garlic. We have enough for a couple more meals.

Getting ready to tuck her in bed now that her breathing treatment is done. Have a good night. I'll lock the doors, start the coffee, and put the night light on. :manyheart

Thank you so much! just took his temp about 30 min ago... its up to 101.6* :sigh

Ooooh.. .casserole sounds good!!!!

I made chicken wraps for dinner tonight. I had left over plain chicken and left over spicy buffalo chicken... took it off the bones... warmed the chicken... warmed the tortillas.. added lettuce .. cheese.. tomato and ranch with the chicken in the middle of the tortilla... rolled it and YUM. So we had spicy and non-spicy ones. :D

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Oh, I think I get to open the doors today! Just waiting for Luke to wake up and start our day.

Tam ~ :hug Hugs from me, too. It must be so hard not knowing what's causing the fever. I hope today is a good one. :hug

Cindy ~ Sending good thoughts for your MIL and family. :hug

Right on time...Little Guy is awake!;) Be back later.

Good morning!

Thanks for setting up the coffee last night Linda! Wonder how Mary2 did at the rabbit show? Your casserole dinner sounds delicious- easy- and delicious- the way I like it!!! Hope you and Kim have a good day- and that John comes home a happy man now that he was out doing his "man" thing!

Mary1- Have fun with Luke! :c9

Marisa- Sounds like you had a nice fun, busy day yesterday! It does feel good to be pampered- hair color, toenails painted- it must be spring!!! That's the way I felt after having both done this past week too!! Now if the weather will cooperate we'll be in business!! Safe travels home later today!

Tammy- Hugs, prayers, positive thoughts!!!!:hug:hug

To EVERYONE- have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday- I'm off to work on some CEU's that I need to finish for my nursing license renewal! Nothing like putting it off till almost the last minute!:eek

Good night.

Sorry about your MIL. Speedy recovery! :hug

Had a nice walk and then DH and I went out to dinner and then to HomeGoods to look around. I found an ice basket with a lid (rectangular shaped) that is perfect for putting some yarn!!!! Very happy with it! It fits nicely next to one of the bookcases in the family room.

Oh, what a good idea for a yarn cat proofer!

I got a walk in this morning. It's a bit cool, 35*, but it may rain later so I went anyway.

What time should I be there for dinner? :drive

Thank you so much! just took his temp about 30 min ago... its up to 101.6* :sigh

:hug So sorry, wish it'd go the other way!

We had a visitor last night. The neighbors garbage is all over their driveway, my suet feeder is missing and my hopper feeder has a crack in the plexiglass. I'm assuming it was a raccoon only because the feeders, except the suet, were still in the tree. The bears tend to pull them out, even if theres no seed cause they smell the oils from the seed and want to investigate. Guess its time to start bringing them in every night and put them out in the morning. I love spring and warmer weather but I don't like the added chore of lugging the feeders. I do like having the birds come to my hand for food tho' and with the feeder schedule I can start conditioning them into that again. :yes

Good morning, peeps!:)

Good night.

I'm sure she felt so good having you with her...I know I would have!! I hope and pray all goes well with her...:hug

Judy- Hope your wrist won't be barking tomorrow- but I guess if you are alternating between hooking and then stitching squares together, it should be ok.

My hand survived the hookingmarathon yesterday! I only have 5 squares left to make and attach and then make the border!

UPDATE on hubby:

Last temp was taken a couple hours ago... being 100.9*

Doctor called back... and told us that because he still doesnt have a cough... or aches and pains... or something else going on... the fever can be controlled at home. UNLESS its to reach 102-103 ... then he goes in!

Hubby happen to have some antibiotic pills left from a few weeks ago... doc said...since he had them... to take them. He is to make an appointment to see the doc Monday morning first thing to get blood work done and see if they can see whats up if no other symptoms show. Not bad news... but not good either... I wish his fever would just break already!!!!

love you guys.. thank you for your love and prayers!

keep it up... it must be working.. cuz he's still home! :whew

I hope his fever breaks today!!:hug:manyheart:hug

I made it safely last night around midnight and the sixers won :yay:clap We had a busy day....hair is colored, toes are painted, mom got new sneakers, assembled my baby ghan, had dinner, and visited my uncle in the hospital. Now waiting on mom to finish her shower and we're going to watch a movie she has on the dvr and I'm going to start the border for the baby ghan.

Busy girl!!! Safe trip home, sweetie:hug

Oh, that sounds yummy!!!!!:D

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Oh, I think I get to open the doors today! Just waiting for Luke to wake up and start our day.

Right on time...Little Guy is awake!;) Be back later.

There's nothing better first thing in the morning than a baby's smile:c9

Enjoy your day!

I'm off to a cat show with DS later this AM - mom and son bonding time:c9

CU all later today!!

GOOD MORNING HOUSE!!!

Friday all I did was relax and crochet. Yesterday, finished the one test project that needed to be done by today and my sister picked me up and we went fishing.

We spent hours there by the pond. Sun felt so good, even if I was totally lotioned up. Did get a "blush" to my face from the sun shining off the water. Totally tired out last evening and hit the bed early. Woke up this morning achey again. I hate that I'm not able to do as much as I used to without getting tired and achey but I will NOT give up trying and doing the things I enjoy

I caught 3 fish, not big one's but just right to pan fry, came home, cleaned them and had them with some cheese grits, YUM, I was in heaven.

Races were last night and I crocheted on the second test project I'm working on. Want to finish it today, but not sure that's possible.

Now, to try and catch up with all of you!

HI all,

Decided to finally go and get myself the pedicure that I've been wanting- so went straight there after work! It was heavenly!!! I just love the massage chair!! The place where I go got new chairs over the winter- Oh, so nice and I feel so relaxed!!!:c9

Never had a manicure or a pedicure but sure sounds relaxing and something I'd like!

I just had salad and some tuna and crackers for lunch and then tonight since DH is out, I made waffles and turkey bacon! There's just something about breakfast for dinner that I love!

One of my favorite meals, breakfast for dinner.

I've decided that I need to spend less evening time here so will be stopping the individual posts for a while, so don't anyone be offended. I need to use the time I spend here towards searching for office space and such. I find that by the time I finish here, I can't sit at the computer any longer :lol Just wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't worry about me at all :yes

Totally understand that! I can get lost in my computer when I'm at the Ville and here. Have to force myself NOT to come online.

We are home from visiting my parents. We ahd a good visit, but its always nice to get back home.

Visiting is nice, but home is where the heart is

Instead of taking some of my WIPS with me, I took a Caron pounder and some hooks along. While mom and I sat and visited, I made a baby dress, a baby hat and a pair of baby booties. i also started a preemie blanket. When that is finished, there will still be some of the yarn left over.

WOW! You certainly made good use of your time and that pounder.

Wild day today. Packaged up some pet food to ship on Monday. My Moosie dog doesn't care as long as he is under the blanket.

Sounds like you had a busy day and weekend. How did the local show go.

Moosie is like my two girls, don't care where I am, on sofa or bed, as long as they can both fit and snuggle. Even if I don't have any room for me when they get "settled"

Night house!

Now that I've had my caffeine-

Toni-

Hope your day goes well and that you get some nice weather so you can start to take short walks!!! And I must ask- how is that tea cozy coming along?:lol (probably as far as the RR and the other baby blanket I'm making) What did I do last evening- made another baby washcloth :lol

Tea cozy, what tea cozy, was set aside for the two test projects

I have started walking but my body is protesting, like yard work, I really have to be careful out in the sun and not overdo it, which I tend to do. I have paid for 3 days of walks and 1 afternoon of fishing. My body hurts everywhere :angry Not going to do much of anything today except crochet.

Good morning ladies :hi

I did alot of searching last night, but feel like it led nowhere. I'm going to try to get myself organized while at work today :think:xfin It's really very difficult to search through properties online. I was also looking through job listings, since I'll need somthing in the meantime while getting my office going. However, it has to be something non-chiropractic related to avoid non-compete clauses by working for someone else and openning my own.

I'll send up prayers that you find just the right building and are able to finally settle and get started on your own.:hug Just remembr, everything happens in it's own time and when it's supposed to happen

Morning all

Anyhow, I feel a little better .Have had to use the Albuterol a few times this week,but not every day .

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Hope soon it's a LOT better!

I remember driving by this house 30 years ago and it was green then, so it's time to pick something different and not matching any of the neighbors .

We do get stuck in ruts, don't we :lol

Also, I did try using the mask the other day to crochet,and had a full blown asthma attack that evening.My hands were bright red and swelled, eyes were burning .... just something in the stuff that drives me batty ,so I have to officially give up on yarn,so back to my embroidery. Not my favorite hobby,but I need something to do with my hands .

I am sooooo sorry you are having this problem with yarn. :hug:hug:hug:hug

We are supposed to have high 70's on the weekend ! Cannot wait ! I think it is supposed to rain a lot,but at least it'll be warm .

80's here and it's WAY to early for that. I want my spring back! I am trying so hard not to turn on the AC.

Well, the baby sprinke was fun! We got the new baby a nap nanny. The nap nanny is green, and a perfect compliment to the RR I made: one of the colors in it being sweetpea:hook

Glad you fun and the nap nanny works perfectly with the RR. Gotta love it when a plan that wasn't comes together so well :D

Good morning everyone.

Here are pictures of this weeks finishes. The dress pattern is here. I didn't use patterns for the hat and booties.

These are gorgeous! :manyheart

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Luke arrived about 8 this a.m. and is taking his morning nap. It's been quite a while since he stayed here, but he seems just fine and went right to sleep. :c9 We're going for a walk when he wakes up - it's supposed to be near 90* today, so I want to go this a.m.

And I hope to crochet a little while he's napping this afternoon. :hook

Sounds like you will be having a fun weekend. Hard to get a little :crocheting in with a little one around. Have fun!

I guess I have no choice, gonna have to do a new hobby .

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Toni

Sorry you arent feeling well. I'm glad it is your day off so you can rest . I know it wears me out if I am gone for a long time too. I get used ot being at home most of the time, so when I have lots of stuff to do, it wears me out .

I'm a homebody too, more so since I can't drive right now. So, I tend to overdo when I can get someone to take me to town.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

:cry I knew I shouldnt have left the house yesterday.

Came home to find that the 3 yr old got into a package of puff paints and got it all over one of Michaels blanket and his bedroom floor.... and some of Davids toys.

My daughter is now sick also along with all three of her kids.

I went straight to my room locked the door and bald!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug continuing to keep you and yours in my prayers.

I seem to spend more time with God when I'm crocheting.

I call it my yoga :)

:hug :hug :hug

Finished that back of the prayer shawl and have started on the first side. It's done in Real Teal, although it looks black in the picture.

Beautiful!

\I guess I'll just have to content myself with deciding which sock pattern to try first in the mean time. Decisions, decisions...

What fun, new yarn that creates the need for new toys! I love :crocheting socks. Think I have every book and online patterns I could find after making my first pair :hook

:hug:hug:hug and prayers for your MIL .

:heart and :hug to the entire house.

No races today and I'll be working on trying to finish the 2nd test project.

Will be back later!

Archived