Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thought I'd stop in to say good morning before we go. I'm all packed up and ready to leave, but we are getting there alter than we planned. My parents have their house on the market and there is a showing this afternoon.

See you all tomorrow evening or sometime on Friday.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. ,,,.,,, .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

(,,,)^(,,,) Good Morning House............

How is everyone this morning? Its beautiful out this morning here. Dont know the temp yet... but the sun is just shinning so bright and pretty!

Ken is doing well... goes in Monday for blood work.

Michael is coughing and stuffy......... :(

My mom is recovering well from her surgery! :whew

Patrick and David are doing good! David spent the afternoon after school yesterday chasing bugs... LOL

Me? ya know.... I'm exhausted beyond exhausted... but Praise God... I'm here... and able to enjoy my boys home today due to a water issue at their schools... and its peaceful here.

Continued praye needs....

Ken and Michaels health.

continued speedy recovery for my mom.

New prayer needs........

one of my grandsons is in the hospital... fever 103. cough... and ear infection.

okay kids... off to get a refill on my coffee............NEED MORE COFFEE

:heart

:mug

Hello everyone. Super busy day at work again. Three days off now though.

We will be going to visit my mom and dad tomorrow, and staying at least until Thursday evening.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your folks, Cindy. Safe journey. :hug

So, although the vet appointment was "only" for a recheck, how would you feel about this scenario:

Yesterday, before 9AM, the doctor's tech called me to say the doc wouldn't be able to come in till evening and would have to cancel the afternoon appointment. I had so much going I couldn't swing another 20 minute trip each way that same night. Monday's are so busy and tiring for me, plus I added the "me" time for the movie.

I rescheduled for today at 1PM.

I got a call from the tech after 9 AM today - the vet's DD is still sick and has to cancel. Could I come in this evening. I made it for 6:30PM tonight....

At 4:30PM this afternoon the appointment desk called (tech too embarrassed??) to cancel for today.

I told them to forget it...

Never had this happen to me before. This vet place is huge, but I wanted the same vet to see him and I had a question or two for her.

I miss Susie's former vet, who left this particular hospital along with another vet to start their own small practice. It's also about 20 min away. With a GSD it can be hard to handle him for certain procedures...and my wonderful local vet is the only doctor in that practice, so...I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place for any situation out of the ordinary.

Oh, well. Sparkie is happy, anyway.

Oh, good grief!!!!! That's for the birds! Glad that Sparkie is doing well.

I just ordered some yarn from KnitPicks. I'm looking forward to it's arrival and playing with some really nice stuff. I ordered a lace weight yarn and a couple different sock weight yarns. Oh and a book with lots of crochet patterns for socks. I'm thinking I want to try the toed ones.

I've made socks in the past when I had a knitting machine, but never with toes. I'll be interested to hear how the are to make and how they feel.

. ,,,.,,, .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

How is everyone this morning? Its beautiful out this morning here. Dont know the temp yet... but the sun is just shinning so bright and pretty!

Patrick and David are doing good! David spent the afternoon after school yesterday chasing bugs... LOL

Me? ya know.... I'm exhausted beyond exhausted... but Praise God... I'm here... and able to enjoy my boys home today due to a water issue at their schools... and its peaceful here.

Ken and Michaels health.

New prayer needs........

one of my grandsons is in the hospital... fever 103. cough... and ear infection.

Oh, dear! Hope grandson gets better quickly. :hug :hug :hug Prayers coming you way for you and yours. :hug :hug :hug

The gal came last night that was John's excuse for the cleaning/straightening binge. She was here all of about 10 minutes, didn't take a tour of the house, never poked her head downstairs, all she saw of the house was the front where she picked up John's tax info and the master bedroom where she said hi and goodby to Kim. Oh, well.

I'm stiff and sore from the lifting and moving of stuff, but otherwise fine. The surgeon took the packing out and left it out. It feels okay. Kim and I went to IHop for pancakes for supper afterwards. She had her double blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup, scrambled eggs and sausage, and I had blueberry hearty grain pancakes with regular syrup and scrambled egg substitutes. They were yummy.

Off to get our day going. Take care all. Love ya! :hug :hug :hug:manyheart

Thought I'd stop in to say good morning before we go. I'm all packed up and ready to leave, but we are getting there alter than we planned. My parents have their house on the market and there is a showing this afternoon.

Have a good time!

Linda, you had me practically :drool over the IHOP meal you both had!

And at least you won't have to hear about straightening up the house for a long time now!

Later, gators

Hi Jude

Yea, our bedroom is downstairs --the upstairs is one big room,supposed to be a bedroom,but Sam has all his computer ,radio, repair equipment up there. I tell him it looks like the Nasa space shuttle area where all the guys sit --lots of lights and gadgets up there ,but we hardly ever use it anymore . The only reason we want a door back on the bottom steps is because in the summer, the air would work better if the doorway wasnt open ,and winter it may be easier to heat the downstairs if the upstairs was closed off some .

Linda

sounds like you had a tasty meal !

Cindy

Safe travels ~

:sheepjump:sheepjump

I know you can't believe it-----I have had a hard time with my phone sending photos to my computer email. So I had to send them via Facebook, then it's had issues this morning too, so I still have 1 more to post, whenever it decided to come through!

Thus..........the black, teal, green, purple African Flower motif will be a bag for Aree for Easter instead of a basket w/ annoying plastic grass all over the place. Her Dress is those colors w/ a little white to accent and a little white shrug (I didn't dare try to make one!)

The granny square pink/yellow is the Inga bag for my Mom for Easter, minus the handles. They should be done today and then she has to line it herself!

The rainbow thing is really going to be a sock! lol-----the beginning to my family socks for Christmas in Atlanta.

I did finish Aree's Godmother's Inga bag in blue, yellow and white, that's the photo I can't get to come through.

post-35667-135897646205_thumb.jpg

post-35667-13589764621_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897646212_thumb.jpg

:cheer:clap:cheer

and.......the last 3 photos!!! This is Mom Aree and I @ Riverdance on Sun----sorry about the one of the 3 of us not being too clear. We had been laughing like no other, we were previously seated in these seats that were MUCH TOO SMALL FOR US!!! we had been laughing soooooo hard we were crying and couldn't talk! And, then we tried sneaking in a quick photo before they turned the lights off on us.

Here's the last bag.

post-35667-135897646215_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897646219_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897646221_thumb.jpg

Kiyo - what beautiful pics of you ladies! You're all so pretty.

And your work - wonderful!:cheer I particularly love the colors you chose for Aree's bag.

Hi Jude

The only reason we want a door back on the bottom steps is because in the summer, the air would work better if the doorway wasnt open ,and winter it may be easier to heat the downstairs if the upstairs was closed off some .

We have the bedrooms upstairs and with single zone air conditioning (controls are in the living room) it IS hard keeping the upstairs comfortable - you have to put the thermostat down really cold to get it nice up there. The heat is 2 zone, at least....

Kiyo

Wow, love all the photos -- the colors for everything are very pretty ,and you all look like you were having so much fun at Riverdance. Little Aree is gonna be a stunner when she gets older -- you better find a good broom to knock the boys out of the yard --she is very pretty ! You and your mom look a lot alike too !

Thanks for sharing the photos .

Jude

Yea, during the summers, you definitely want the bedrooms cool. I like ours really cold,then I pile on the blankets . Sam is the exat opposite. I told him either me or him has a broken thermostat. I'm always too cold, he's always about 20 degrees warmer than me .

Okay, going to see if I can catch up a little.

Hi Toni

Hope your storms arent too bad down that way --they had some doozies down south last week,but that wasnt in your area was it ?

We've had bad storms two weeks in a row and supposed to get them again on Monday next week. It's that time of year. Thankfully, the worst has gone around me. Had a bit of hail and my mom's power was off for 3 hours, but other than that, just a lot of thunder, lightening, wind and buckets of rain.

Hi all,

I'm home safe and sound!!!

So glad you made it home safe and sound and had such a great time.

Toni- I hope that with all the prep you did, the storms go around you- kind of like when you bring an umbrella it doesn't rain!

As high as the wind was, it was a good thing to take everything down. Sure don't need one to fly off and through a window!!!

Hey Ladies :hi

I got home from work not too long ago. It wasn't a bad day :yay I'm planning on watching dwts and am going to work on some squares for the comfortghan section. I promised 2 so far....it'll be a nice little break on my projects I think

Some of those outfits they wear, I worry about showing to much :lol I just love Sugar Ray and Ralph. I met Sugar Ray many, many years ago and he's an extremely nice person. At that time, like I said a LONG time ago, I was waitressing at a hotel restaurant at Disney and got to hold his then new born.

Toni - I hope the storms pass you by :xfin and :yay for working on the tea cozy :cheer

Well, tea cozy has been set aside, again. I'm testing two patterns right now, one easy, one not so easy but gorgeous!

Wrennie - I know how you feel, sometimes you just have to stop and put it away and do something more mindless for the time being :yes

Like I did and do the tea cozy :lol

Morning ladies

Poor Kirstie and her partner --falling down like that . I hope it didnt hurt him too badly .

I thought the model girl had a beautiful dress, song and dance-- she really did well last night .

I felt bad for them both too. It wasn't her fault and I sure was glad to see they weren't voted off. Loved the song and tribute to his wife that Ralph did.

Thus..........the black, teal, green, purple African Flower motif will be a bag for Aree for Easter instead of a basket w/ annoying plastic grass all over the place. Her Dress is those colors w/ a little white to accent and a little white shrug (I didn't dare try to make one!)

The granny square pink/yellow is the Inga bag for my Mom for Easter, minus the handles. They should be done today and then she has to line it herself!

The rainbow thing is really going to be a sock! lol-----the beginning to my family socks for Christmas in Atlanta.

I did finish Aree's Godmother's Inga bag in blue, yellow and white, that's the photo I can't get to come through.

Great job! Love the colors for the socks. Definitely be "HAPPY FEET"

and.......the last 3 photos!!! This is Mom Aree and I @ Riverdance on Sun----sorry about the one of the 3 of us not being too clear. We had been laughing like no other, we were previously seated in these seats that were MUCH TOO SMALL FOR US!!! we had been laughing soooooo hard we were crying and couldn't talk! And, then we tried sneaking in a quick photo before they turned the lights off on us.

Great looking family!

Here's the last bag.

Looking forward to your safe return

. ,,,.,,, .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

Ken and Michaels health.

New prayer needs........

Always in my prayers. I go for blood work tomorrow.

okay kids... off to get a refill on my coffee............NEED MORE COFFEE

Linda, Marissa, Julie, Judy, anyone I missed, HIYA! Going to go work on one of the patterns I'm testing. Needs to have by Sunday. The other one, hardest for me one, is due as soon as I can get it finished. Will finish easiest one first so I can concentrate on the harder one.

I now have my work to a manageable level and not so stressful.

Have also started walking, since my doctors insist on it, and starting out slowly at it. Have to be very carefuly with my eyes and depth perception being off, but know it's good for me and yesterday and today the weather is gorgeous. Clear blue skies, not to hot, not to cold, slight breeze, perfect. Although, it was below freezing again this morning. What's up with that????!!!!

I know you can't believe it-----I have had a hard time with my phone sending photos to my computer email. So I had to send them via Facebook, then it's had issues this morning too, so I still have 1 more to post, whenever it decided to come through!

Love the bags! Gorgeous work, Kiyo. :clap :clap :clap

Here's the last bag.

You all look you are having a blast. And another gorgeous bag.

Kiyo, would you please pm me your address. I have some scarves done for you and will send you these now and more later.

Toni, glad you didn't blow away or wash away in the recent storms. :hug :hug :hug

Just a quick:hi to everyone! Went back to work yesterday and today is my Friday! Seems as though all my pain has settled on my right side but it's getting better. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! I'll try to pop back in later and catch up!

Hope you all have a great day!:hug

Toni, glad you didn't blow away or wash away in the recent storms. :hug :hug :hug

Checked with the neighbor that owns the abandoned building next door, and he said it was okay with him if I parked my car in there during the storms. So Monday, will be putting it in there. It's a concrete building and should keep it safe from the hail. :hug:hug:hug

Just a quick:hi to everyone! Went back to work yesterday and today is my Friday! Seems as though all my pain has settled on my right side but it's getting better. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! I'll try to pop back in later and catch up!

Hope you all have a great day!:hug[/quote]

Hi Trish! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Can't believe it, :think I've caught up with everyone.

Y'all have a great night. I'm off to work the test pattern I'm making great progress on.

Love, Hugs, Angels and Prayers to one and all!

Hello all,

First day back at work- and wow was I busy- lots of meetings- had a 1:1 with my director- then another meeting and then another this afternoon-but it's good- and she knows that I have alot to catch up on since I've been away from the dept for almost 2 years! It was kind of like the first day on a new job- exciting and overwhelming at the same time.

Had my hair trimmed and colored, didn't get home till about 7:45 since I had to stop and get milk and gas (what's up with the price of gas anyway???). Finished dinner and have been watching IDOL- my goodness- one singer is better than the next- what talent!

Toni- It was good to see your posts and glad that you are ok. Good luck with the blood work- I hope it continues to be on the right track! That's great that you can put your car in the building! Have fun with the testing!!!

Tammy- Prayers always for you and yours!!!

Kiyo- What a great picture of you, your Mom and Aree- beautiful!!!!! Looks like you were all so happy- and I agree with Julie- your DD is a beauty and you are going to have your hands full in a few years!!! Great bags- well worth the wait! And those socks- LOVE THEM!!!

Judy- Now I understand about the vet dilemma!!! Thanks for clarifying it.:yes I think I'd rather go to the bigger practice where there is someone available 24/7- and where they have better facilities- and where they don't cancel your appointments!;)

Linda- All that work for a quick 10 minute visit:eek Glad to hear that the packing is out and those blueberry pancakes-YUMMY!!!!

Julie- We have 2 levels- and the downstairs is always cooler in the winter and cooler in the summer- And I sure wish we had 2 zone heat and air. But at least the bedrooms all have ceiling fans so it helps a bit in the summer! I think if your not really using the upper level- a door is a great idea!!!

Marisa- Wow- the Mets beat the Phillies? That's an upset for sure! Hope you are having a fun time at the game tonight!

Trish- Hope you had a good day- you too Wrennie!

Mary1, Mary2, Tab, Marlene- HI:hug

Wonder if Dusty is back from Hawaii?

Off for the night- see you all in the AM

Got to go see my grand kids yesterday!! Of course chains required coming home back over the pass. Whatever..:lol

lights out except that night light..wonder if it's enough to crochet by...

Good morning!

Mary2- Sounds like a fun day was had by you with your grandkids- driving over the pass sounds like a challenge!

Marisa- I checked out the score- sorry that the Sixers lost. Seems that the NY Teams have been beating your Philly teams- in both baseball AND basketball! Bet you had a good time anyway!!! Enjoy your late day into work and hopefully with the other doc back it won't be too busy!

Hope you all have a good day- time to grab a cup of coffee and get this day started!!!

See you later!

Good morning, peeps!

Trish, it's good to "see" you!

Too easy to catch up here...not much posting lately. I'm guilty of that, too:blush

Got to go see my grand kids yesterday!! Of course chains required coming home back over the pass. Whatever..:lol

I remember the old days of using chains on cars...don't miss that part of winter at all! Glad you made it there and back okay!

lights out except that night light..wonder if it's enough to crochet by...

Ever tried the lighted crochet hooks?? I have them..haven't used them in a while, but they're fun - and so lightweight (plastic)

Good morning ladies :coffee

Sitting here with my coffee checking in before heading up to workout :yes As Joanne mentioned, my sixers lost and can't blame anyone but themselves. They definitely rallied in the 2nd half, but had they played that way the whole game and not make all the mistakes they did in the first half, the game would have easily been theirs :shrug On the upside, the Phillies righted everything on their end by winning against the Mets and redeeming themselves :lol 3 more home games for the regular season and then playoffs, which I think we'll unfortunately play Boston in the first round, so I don't expect much from them :rofl:shrug

Toni -That's awesome to have met sugar ray and held his baby :yes He does seem very nice and fun loving :think Oh, and :yay for being able to park your car under shelter for the storms. I hope your blood work goes well :xfin:hug

Wrennie - I'm still going on my sweater too :yes I haven't worked on it since the weekend :eek next up is the sleeves for me.

Julie - the games sure are fun and it was packed last night, but alas we lost :(

Judy - So sweet that you got up with dh every day and saw him out :hug I feel like many ladies would let that routine die off pretty quickly for a 5am wake up call :think

Cindy - Hope your ride went well, see you when you get back :hug

Tam - wow honey, now your grandson is in the hospital, did they get the fever down? Prayers all around for you, michael, ken, mom, and grandson......I love the story of david chasing the bugs :lol

Linda - :drool You should be a food critic with your food wording because now I so want it :yes:rofl At least now the house is clean and done for a bit :yes

Kiyo - Awesome pics!!!!!! The projects are all wonderful and you all look just adorable :hug

Trish - Hey there young lady!! :hi

Joanne - Glad to hear that work went well back to the old dept, I'm sure you're already back into the swing of things :yes As for gas!!!!! Do you know that when I stopped for gas when you were following me I had to get a FULL tank.....I saved $10 from the time before when I didn't even get a full tank. Be glad you don't have to get it here in PA :sigh I do often, if the timing works for me, cross the border to NJ for gas :lol It's definitely worth the little extra drive :yes Phils rallied back against the Mets last night :whew We'll see how they make out this afternoon :xfin

Mary2 - :yay for seeing the grandkids....totally worth the trek!!!!

Alright, heading upstairs in a few.

Very nice stuff! Looks like a good time at riverdance!

Have also started walking, since my doctors insist on it, and starting out slowly at it. Have to be very carefuly with my eyes and depth perception being off, but know it's good for me and yesterday and today the weather is gorgeous. Clear blue skies, not to hot, not to cold, slight breeze, perfect. Although, it was below freezing again this morning. What's up with that????!!!!

I can't wait for warmer weather, maybe this weekend, so I can go for a good long walk.

A lady used to walk past my house, had degenerative eye disease, she'd look mostly at her own feet so she wouldn't trip.

Feel better soon!

Checked with the neighbor that owns the abandoned building next door, and he said it was okay with him if I parked my car in there during the storms. So Monday, will be putting it in there. It's a concrete building and should keep it safe from the hail. :hug:hug:hug

That is nice of him!

Ever tried the lighted crochet hooks?? I have them..haven't used them in a while, but they're fun - and so lightweight (plastic)

I've heard of them but never seen them. Theyd be dangerous! I could crochet all night!

I can't remember if I told you about my friend at work, Stephanie. The one that just had her bridal shower. Well, when she first started with our company she saw me crocheting and said she couldn't even make a dish cloth because she couldn't make them straight & square. With teasing and encouragement from me I taught her how to do a turn in on itself potholder, no edges to keep straight after all. Then she told me her mom made her nephew a hat and it looked like a big crooked ice cream cone, so I talked her into making a hat to show up her mom.(oops did I say that out loud?!) A million hats and potholders later (OK not a million but lots) She sees a crochet magazine that I got with a bunch of sweaters in it. Now the "I can't crochet straight" girl has made herself a sweater! Out of Homespun even! The bottom edge is a repeat of motifs. It has a hood! It's all her fault that I'm making me a sweater now. Couldn't let my 'student' out do me after all!

Oh, and she's not bald, her hair is pulled back in a tight ponytail under that hood. :rofl

post-6085-135897646332_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897646334_thumb.jpg

I can't remember if I told you about my friend at work, Stephanie. The one that just had her bridal shower. Well, when she first started with our company she saw me crocheting and said she couldn't even make a dish cloth because she couldn't make them straight & square. With teasing and encouragement from me I taught her how to do a turn in on itself potholder, no edges to keep straight after all. Then she told me her mom made her nephew a hat and it looked like a big crooked ice cream cone, so I talked her into making a hat to show up her mom.(oops did I say that out loud?!) A million hats and potholders later (OK not a million but lots) She sees a crochet magazine that I got with a bunch of sweaters in it. Now the "I can't crochet straight" girl has made herself a sweater! The bottom edge is a repeat of motifs. It has a hood! It's all her fault that I'm making me a sweater now. Couldn't let my 'student' out do me after all!

Oh, and she's not bald, her hair is pulled back in a tight ponytail under that hood.

Great story and love the sweater!!!!! :clap Can't wait to see yours :devil

Wrennie - I'm still going on my sweater too :yes I haven't worked on it since the weekend :eek next up is the sleeves for me.

I'm working on the sleeves too. One I got a bit confused if I lost count, so I'm finishing the second one, being very careful to keep count. Then I'll compare, if they look the same I'll just finish the one I got confused on and pretend I didn't.

Archived