Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:birthday:cake Linda!!!!

Hi all,

Marisa- The Sunflower Ghan is beautiful- and it is a lovely shower gift! Enjoy the movies tonight- which one are you going to see?

Judy- Love the RR:manyheart and the orchid is gorgeous! My DD had sent one to me a couple of birthday's ago- and unfortunately, I didn't have good luck with it. I seem to do ok with other plants, so I wonder if it was the variety she had gotten me?

Linda- Wonderful news about Kim- and I sure hope you get a little "me" time for your birthday!!!

Cindy- Lucky you having three days off- enjoy!!!! I got a dozen roses too- they were delivered to me at work- and boy was i surprised!!! He's never done that before. It made my day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some pics: the RR is 42 inches across and for the NICU. There are 2 pics of the beautiful orchid hubby got me for V day....

The baby RR is so pretty - the vibrant colors are wonderful for a little one. :c9 I love orchids, but fresh flowers and plants went by the wayside when we adopted Zoe...she loves shredding them. :lol

Linda ~ Great news from Kim's doctor! I hope the rest of your day was a good one. :manyheart

Cindy and Joanne ~ Enjoy your beautiful roses! DH gave me a wonderful card and a gift card for a spa!

Have a good night, everyone. :)

The baby RR is so pretty - the vibrant colors are wonderful for a little one. :c9 I love orchids, but fresh flowers and plants went by the wayside when we adopted Zoe...she loves shredding them. :lol

Linda ~ Great news from Kim's doctor! I hope the rest of your day was a good one. :manyheart

Cindy and Joanne ~ Enjoy your beautiful roses! DH gave me a wonderful card and a gift card for a spa!

Have a good night, everyone. :)

Oh, how sweet- a gift card for a spa:manyheart That's so nice!!!

Have a good hump day one and all---and to those of you off and starting the Bernat Mystery CAL--have fun---it's going to be a long day waiting to come home to get the first clue!:(

'morning, peeps!

Judy- Love the RR:manyheart and the orchid is gorgeous! My DD had sent one to me a couple of birthday's ago- and unfortunately, I didn't have good luck with it. I seem to do ok with other plants, so I wonder if it was the variety she had gotten me?

Could be the type, but they also have a few temp requirements along with lighting, so it could have been anything. I hope this one lasts a while...DH was so happy with finding something with colors he knew I would love that I'd hate to see it die before its time!

I got a dozen roses too- they were delivered to me at work- and boy was i surprised!!! He's never done that before. It made my day!

These guys can really surprise us, can't they?:manyheart

Oh, I remember those times! When we were first married we had a cat and every day when I would get home from work the philodendron we had always seemed to have shrunk in size

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Again, thank you for all the nice birthday wishes. It was a nice, if rainy, day. The sun is out today. I got a sweet card, chocolates, and supper from one of my favorite restaurants. We go back to see Kim's general doc this afternoon. Need to recheck all her bloodwork as some of it was rather wonky last week, probably from being sick and on all those antibiotics for so long, but need to be sure everything is coming back into line.

I worked on a preemie hat last night. I'm trying to come up with a pattern in crochet that will resemble the knitted ones. It's not perfect but getting closer.

February is half gone! :eek This year is going by way too fast! Have a good day. :hug:manyheart

Some pics: the RR is 42 inches across and for the NICU. There are 2 pics of the beautiful orchid hubby got me for V day....

Gorgeous! Love the ghan AND the orchid

My parents sent my sister and I a half dozen roses with a half dozen carnations :manyheart We keep telling them they don't have to do it anymore, we've gotten flowers from them for as long as I can remember :think They really are pretty

Good morning everyone. I woke up with a cold and a headache. Luckily, I have three days off, so plenty of time to recover. Dh and I are going out to the mall in a while though. We were planning to go to Michigan City in Indiana for a day at the outlet mall, but I don't feel like up to that 2 hour drive just to shop. Both of us need clothes, but I guess we will just have to get them here. I'm going to stop at Joanne fabrics (hopefully), to get felt for that toy car play-mat/house that I want to make too.

If anyone downloaded that Kindle Fillmore Chronicles book, that I posted about last week, the first one of that series is free today. The second book, which I read last week, was funny, but not at all intellectually stimulating. Almost ridiculous in fact, but very entertaining.

Anyhow, here is the link, if anyone is interested.

Well good morning ladies :hi

So we didn't go to the movies last night :( My sister's bf's show was cancelled and I guess my sister thought there wouldn't be alot of people at the movies and asked me if I'd be ok to go today instead. I must say I was quite frustrated and ended up getting an awesome workout (AFTER I already showered :( ) Only because I've been waiting to see this movie since it came out on my birthday :eek And I mentioned a couple times just going, because I often go to the movies by myself, and she kept saying wait til this day, and so on. I would've just gone by now and saw it already. Oh well :shrug So, we're going today at 3 now.

And then on my way to work this morning, there's a bomb scare at the mall and they have that evacuated and closed off with backup dogs on the way. I guess a mall employee found a note in a bathroom :think I'm fairly close to the mall at the office, but my dad and I feel that I'm fine here or else they'd have this road blocked off too :yes However, if I hear a big boom, I'll know what happened :( So I guess a little extra prayers that it amounts to nothing and they don't find anything couldn't hurt?

Joanne - the movie is One For The Money with Katherine Heigl

Linda - Glad to hear the 'good' surprise for the Dr about Kim and her walking :yay

I hope everyone has a great day. I'll be leaving early today and have things to get done, so I'm not sure I'll be back until the AM :hug

Gorgeous! Love the ghan AND the orchid

My parents sent my sister and I a half dozen roses with a half dozen carnations :manyheart We keep telling them they don't have to do it anymore, we've gotten flowers from them for as long as I can remember :think They really are pretty

aw...how sweet.:manyheart

Hi House. :) I hope everyone is having a good day!

Cindy ~ Oh, so sorry about your cold. :hug Everyone we know has had something lately...I'm feeling lucky for now. :yes

Linda ~ Can't wait to see what you come up with for the preemie hat. I hope all goes well at Kim's appointment. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Aww, your parents love their girls! That is such a nice tradition. Enjoy the movie!

I was really surprised when DH gave me the gift card! The only time I've ever been to anything like that was the day before DD's wedding when all the girls spent the day at a spa being pampered. We will always joke that he can never match last year...I got my new SUV on Valentine's Day. :lol

Laundry and a little cleaning are done...my desk is calling me.

Good afternoon all,

I'm not feeling so well. I took meds last night and you really have to sleep them off. I didn't get up until 10:30. I'm still feeling groggy.

Cindy - I hope you feel better soon.

Linda - I'm glad Kim keeps receiving good news and that you did get to celebrate your birthday.

Marisa - You know you can change your parents when they're set in their ways. It's a good thing.

Mary - Congrats on your GC to the spa.

Joanne & Judy - Glad you received flowers.

I received money and a couple of biblical books.

Amy, Ann, Julie and the rest of the house...have a great day.

I'm going to do squares from the mystery Bernat CAL.

BBL

Hello everyone!! Well yesterday was spent fininshing the floors.. they look awesomeee!!! I am so happy with the hard work that was put into them!! Hopefully tonight I get to rest and have some crocheting time.. we will see.
That's great!!:clap

Very nice work!! And pretty flower!!

Hello everyone!! Well yesterday was spent fininshing the floors.. they look awesomeee!!! I am so happy with the hard work that was put into them!! Hopefully tonight I get to rest and have some crocheting time.. we will see.

:woo good for you!!! :woo

Hope you are feeling better by now, Val.

John met us at the doctor's office and afterwards he brought Kim home and I ran some errands, including getting my driver's license renewed. He took her up to the ICU and the medical floor she was on and they got to say hi to a number of her nurses, which left all concerned rather choked up.

Looks like the move to Texas will be happening in mid to late June instead of August. :eek Lots to accomplish between now and then. And it is definitely happening, not tentatively happening.

Hi all,

Marisa-Sorry you've been waiting so long to see the movie and didn't get to last night. Hopefully by the time you read this, you'll have seen it- I'm curious to find out how you liked it! Sweet that your parents send you flowers!

Cindy- Hope you feel better--and that you were able to go shopping- even if it was nearby and not at the outlets! I love outlet shopping- and am lucky to have 2 outlet centers each about 1/2 hr away in opposite directions!

Linda- Hope Kim's blood work came back ok- or at least heading in the right direction!

Val- Feel better!

I had a long day at work and I think I'm still not over whatever I was starting to get last weekend- feels like the start of a cold- and then goes away - and then comes back--I'm going to try one of the squares from the Bernat CAL and then I think I'm going to call it an early night!

:woo good for you!!! :woo

Hope you are feeling better by now, Val.

John met us at the doctor's office and afterwards he brought Kim home and I ran some errands, including getting my driver's license renewed. He took her up to the ICU and the medical floor she was on and they got to say hi to a number of her nurses, which left all concerned rather choked up.

Looks like the move to Texas will be happening in mid to late June instead of August. :eek Lots to accomplish between now and then. And it is definitely happening, not tentatively happening.

Wow- You sure do have a lot to accomplish between now and mid-late June:eek Were you surprised by that bit of news?

Thanks ladies, I'm a little better but not 100%. Hopefully, tomorrow will I'll have shaken this bug or whatever it is.

Joanne - I hope you get to make at least 1 square. It makes up really fast.

Marisa - I hope you got a chance to see your movie. How are you and your sister doing with the Mystery CAL?

Amy - I'm glad you finished your floor project. Rest your back.

Judy - I'm sorry you're not going to do the MCAL with us.

Linda - I'm glad you were able to get some free time today even thought it was to renew your driver's license. What part of Texas are you moving to? You're going to be busy!

Cindy - I hope you were well enough to get your shopping done. Feel better so you can enjoy some of your time off.

Hi ladies,

I was making a quick stop by :). We did see the movie and yep, I enjoyed it :) it was a little different from the book.....but they always are :lol

Val - we started the squares and are both using a j hook. I made 1 ahead of time and we did 3 together. My sister was excited to have done 3 already since she was skeptical about 1 :lol. And I'm proud of her because she even got them the same size on the first try :clap

Hi ladies,

I was making a quick stop by :). We did see the movie and yep, I enjoyed it :) it was a little different from the book.....but they always are :lol

Val - we started the squares and are both using a j hook. I made 1 ahead of time and we did 3 together. My sister was excited to have done 3 already since she was skeptical about 1 :lol. And I'm proud of her because she even got them the same size on the first try :clap

My sister is also sick. I think it's our allergies because our sister in Bama smokes and we stayed at her house. Fortunately for me, I had my nasal medicine so I think it affected me less than it did her. I still don't feel 100% but I'm not as down as she is.

My sister and I are both using a H hook. My squares came out perfedt 4 1/2 X 4 1/2. Hers is slightly smaller. I just finished my last square and she's only completed 1 square.

Have a good night.

Archived