Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everyone. Lazy Sunday here. We went to church this morning and then we grilled burgers for lunch. In a few minutes I'm going to head out to the deck with a book. (How to Murder the Man of your Dreams by Dorothy Cannell)

Love the title of that book!:lol

We went to a nearby park with dd, dsil and the four boys (and the dog), for dinner last night. (take out pizza) The park was pretty quiet and the boys had a great time. There was one other family using the playground equipment, also grandparents with their children and grandchildren. The idea was such a hit with the boys that we will be doing it again. It was a lot easier than eating dinner at our house, and a lot less work. Plus, I'm sure the boys slept really well after all that outdoor play.

Perfect idea! It's nice you have places nearby like that.

Well, we went to an early dinnera t Outback and it was delish!! The men had surf and turf and I had a teriyaki grilled steak/pepper combo with the real skinny green beans (haricot verts I think) and seasoned rice. Very, very good!

Another place to put on our weekend list!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies,

I'm back in Philly :clap Wish I was able to stay home longer :sigh But I did FINALLY get out on my bike a bit and my dad followed me in the car about half my trip on 309 in the car so that I could get a good ride in and then he rode the bike back :yay I think he and my mom went for a ride when he got back :lol

Marisa- I'm so glad that you came today and I hope that you had a good ride up to your parents. Now I know why I was confused about when your nephews are coming up . You had posted yesterday that your two oldest nephews were coming this week. Have a good rest of your weekend. And your haircut looks so cute in person!! I love it!!!

Well my friends- off for the night!!

Sorry Joanne, my bad....sounds like I missed the part that it's their birthdays this week :lol:blush SORRY!!!

Hey ladies,

I'm back in Philly :clap Wish I was able to stay home longer :sigh But I did FINALLY get out on my bike a bit and my dad followed me in the car about half my trip on 309 in the car so that I could get a good ride in and then he rode the bike back :yay I think he and my mom went for a ride when he got back :lol

Sorry Joanne, my bad....sounds like I missed the part that it's their birthdays this week :lol:blush SORRY!!!

:lol:lol:lolGood to know I'm not losing my mind--------YET!!!:lol:lol:lol

Sounds like a fun day for you and your Dad (and Mom). Glad you finally got to ride your bike!!!!

Judy- Glad to hear that the crate worked out better for Lucy. We love Outback!! Think we'll have to go out to dinner there soon!!!

Wrennie- thanks for the pics of the wild columbines!

Cindy- It sounds like the park with pizza dinner was a great outing. I would definitely be making one of those outings with the GS- have fun, the boys burn off lots of energy- no kitchen clean up- Win, Win for everyone!!!

Linda- Good idea to just swap out the chair for the rocker when it's refinished. Are you keeping it at Rosie and John's? Did John do anything special for Father's Day?

Mary- I can't stand those temps- I can surely feel your homebound feeling. We had hot 80's today- actually quite nice. Enjoy your evening.

Watching the Yanks/Cubs game and doing a little :crocheting See you in the AM

Good morning!

Last to post yesterday and first to post today!:lol So there really isn't much more to say!

Wishing you all a good day and thinking about all of you.

Tab- in case you are lurking about- how's the pregnancy going? Hope you are feeling well.

Julie- Same for you- not about the pregnancy:lol but just wondering how you are doing? Miss you around here!:hug

Marlene- Hope you had a good weekend with Maya!

I don't want to jinx anything, but the woodpecker hasn't been around for about 5 days now:xfin It's been nice!

Off I go to get ready for Paradise- only have to make it through this week and then I'm off until the 5th of July:yay

Good morning ladies :coffee

It's about to be a super busy week, but I have friday off to head out to Pittsburgh for the weekend :clap:yay

Nothing really to report here this morning. I hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

Good morning housemates. I went to Golden Corrale for breakfast yesterday. Ran into friends I hadn't seen in a long time and ended up eating with them and chatting through breakfast. Nice! Then came home and read the day away with a nap thrown in in the afternoon. I did pick up stain and sandpaper for the rocker which is in Rosie and John's garage for the time being.

Morning, peeps!

Joanne, Lucy has been banished from ourbed ever since the visious barking episode and she sleeps great downstairs in her crate! So do we...LOL!

She was bouncing off the walls in the house this morning so we let her out to wrestle with Sparkie - then let her run off leash for a bit to get the crazies out.

And, yup - she picked up a rock. :(

No towels in her crate tonight in case she didn't drop it and upchucks instead.:P:manyheart

Oh, dear. Hope there is no upchuck to clean up this morning. She is a pistol for sure.

Hello everyone. Lazy Sunday here. We went to church this morning and then we grilled burgers for lunch. In a few minutes I'm going to head out to the deck with a book. (How to Murder the Man of your Dreams by Dorothy Cannell)

We went to a nearby park with dd, dsil and the four boys (and the dog), for dinner last night. (take out pizza) The park was pretty quiet and the boys had a great time. There was one other family using the playground equipment, also grandparents with their children and grandchildren. The idea was such a hit with the boys that we will be doing it again. It was a lot easier than eating dinner at our house, and a lot less work. Plus, I'm sure the boys slept really well after all that outdoor play.

Love the title of the book! :) Sounds like a wonderful outing with the grandsons.

Well I'm glad you asked. Turns out the Canadensis actually is the wild variety! :cheer

heres a google link>

Wild columbine images

Those look like the ones that grew wild in the woods on our farm when I was growing up. I've always loved them.

Hi all,

DH and I went out for breakfast and then I got rid of the dead hostas. Decided not to get new ones and I think I'm just going to get some marigolds- It actually looks a lot neater without the hostas! Then DH wanted to go shopping for some things so who am I to turn down shopping?

Now I'm going to cook some burgers on the grill..

of course as soon as I get online, DH decides he's hungry- and it is Father's Day, so off I go again~

Sounds like a nice way to spend the day.

Good morning!

Last to post yesterday and first to post today!:lol So there really isn't much more to say!

Wishing you all a good day and thinking about all of you.

Off I go to get ready for Paradise- only have to make it through this week and then I'm off until the 5th of July:yay

Hooray! :yay:cheer:yay

Good Morning, Ladies. It's cloudy! :clap I'll take clouds over what we've been having any day! The winds have been very strong 24/7 and we need rain desperately.

Judy ~ Your dinner sounds wonderful! I'm afraid my downfall at Outback has always been the Bloomin Onion. :D

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds great! And you'll be on the go again Friday...will you be office hunting while in Pittsburgh?

Linda ~ What fun to run into friends yesterday. :yes I saw your doll on the Charity CAL - it is very cute.:hook

Hi to the rest of my House friends, too! :manyheart

I'm home today still trying to catch up on cleaning. :lol Two steps forward, one step back...;) Have a good morning!

Thanks, Mary. One of the other ladies in the charity cal posted a link to the Uglee Dolls 4 Kids project and I decided to do a couple for them. They will be shipping them to Joplin on July 8th. I have a second one just barely started.

post-9295-135897668435_thumb.jpg

They are thinking about doing another batch(es) for other areas that have been devasted by natural disasters this year.

I will be so glad when I'm done with the antibiotics. They are making me extremely nauseated and my skin itches something awful. All side effects of the antibiotic. I'm taking some of John's antinausea medicine and Benadryl for the itching.

:hi all! Was a nice lazy Sunday with the dd and she loved, loved, loved her John Deere pants, inside out and upside down designer touches and all :rofl. Wants me to find some cotton fabric similar for a summer pair.

Today, worked and have to go to vampire. To hot for anything but staying in and crocheting! Neighbor brought her tractor over and mowed, so that's good. I'll be dog sitting for her tomorrow through Thursday morning. Let them out, let them in, feed them and crate them for the night and repeat next day. We barter sometimes.

Cindy, absolutely LOVE the title of the book you're reading. How funny :lol

Wrennie, don't think I know anyone who like weeding :no

Judy, dinner sounds wonderful!

Joanne, when you know vacation is looming just around the corner, the week is neverending :sigh

Marisa, glad you're home safe and sound and that you had a great weekend!

Linda, what a nice surprise to meet up with friends and eat breakfast with them! Love the uglies doll and sorry about the itchies and nausea.

Well, just got a phone call and have to log back on to work :sigh. BBL

Afternoon House................

I'm sorry I have been absent lately.

Its been a rough handful of days. 19 June 2005 which was also Fathers Day that year my daddy passed away. :(

I miss him so much it physically hurts! I know I'm a grown woman in my 40s ... but I still need my daddy!

Anyway... wanted to stop in and say :hi HI and love you guys! :hug

:heart

:mug

Finally checking in!

Lucy DID upchuck the rock - at 1:30 AM insted of 3:lol I hada n ear out for her and was there as soon as she was done. Didn't want her to get back at the rock!

And hubby had a wonderful idea for the area with the red, sharp rocks: he went and bought sturdy weed barrier this faternoon and we covered the area entirely, laying slate stones on top so it wouldn't blow away.

Lucy's first visit out back her nose went up in the air and she trotted over to check it out:lol The barrier gives us lots of time to intervene if she tries to get at it.

It was so nice letting her run off leash as she played with Sparkie. We were all very happy;)

And this evening I walked Lucy up 2 houses (a first for her) and she touched noses with the sweet dog tethered out front, who is very gentle.

A good day, dog-wise, at least.

Thanks, Mary. One of the other ladies in the charity cal posted a link to the Uglee Dolls 4 Kids project and I decided to do a couple for them. They will be shipping them to Joplin on July 8th. I have a second one just barely started.

[ATTACH]40796[/ATTACH]

They are thinking about doing another batch(es) for other areas that have been devasted by natural disasters this year.

I will be so glad when I'm done with the antibiotics. They are making me extremely nauseated and my skin itches something awful. All side effects of the antibiotic. I'm taking some of John's antinausea medicine and Benadryl for the itching.

That's a really cute doll! Kind of like Sponge Bob.

How many more days on the antibiotics? :hug:manyheart

Its been a rough handful of days. 19 June 2005 which was also Fathers Day that year my daddy passed away. :(

I miss him so much it physically hurts! I know I'm a grown woman in my 40s ... but I still need my daddy!

I know how that goes...my dad (who had personal failings, but loved us kids) has been gone since 1971 and I always think of him....:hug:manyheart

[ATTACH]40796[/ATTACH]

I love the uglee doll- it's so very cute. Glad to hear that you had a nice day at breakfast (my favorite meal out) yesterday. Hope that the antibiotics will be done shortly- no fun being nauseas AND itchy!!!

:hug:hug:hug I can totally relate Tammy! I miss my Dad terribly too- he passed away in 2004. And my Mom died on Mother's Day- it's always tough when they pass away, but especially so when it's a holiday of some kind. Hope today finds you feeling better!!!

Finally checking in!

Lucy DID upchuck the rock - at 1:30 AM insted of 3:lol I hada n ear out for her and was there as soon as she was done. Didn't want her to get back at the rock!

And hubby had a wonderful idea for the area with the red, sharp rocks: he went and bought sturdy weed barrier this faternoon and we covered the area entirely, laying slate stones on top so it wouldn't blow away.

Lucy's first visit out back her nose went up in the air and she trotted over to check it out:lol The barrier gives us lots of time to intervene if she tries to get at it.

It was so nice letting her run off leash as she played with Sparkie. We were all very happy;)

And this evening I walked Lucy up 2 houses (a first for her) and she touched noses with the sweet dog tethered out front, who is very gentle.

That's a really cute doll! Kind of like Sponge Bob.

How many more days on the antibiotics? :hug:manyheart

I know how that goes...my dad (who had personal failings, but loved us kids) has been gone since 1971 and I always think of him....:hug:manyheart

Glad to hear that the new barrier seems to be helping --and good thing you had your ear out for her upchucking yet another rock!!! Hopefully things will start calming down with Lucy shortly!!

Had a long day at work- you are right TONI- when you are waiting for vacation to begin, the days seems extra long leading up to them. So happy that your DD loved and appreciated her gifts. Bartering is wonderful- not a bad deal- you got your lawn mowed and she has someone to watch her dogs while she's away!!

Cindy- Back to work after being off for a week is never fun. Hope you get to relax a little tonight.

Marisa- One day down- three to go and then you're off on your whirlwind weekend!!! I've got 4 to go and the rest of the week is going to be busy. I have either my hair or nail appt tomorrow night and the other on Wed. They were both closed today so I have to call in the AM and find out where I'm going tomorrow after work!!!

Off to get dinner. Have a good night everyone!

Parsley:

this is the flower of a parsley. That is what it looks like when going to seed.

post-6085-135897668569_thumb.jpg

See the stem gets long with less leaves

post-6085-135897668576_thumb.jpg

Heres a few shots of my yard right now. the 2 pics with the light green splash, slide them together so the splash overlaps, thats 1 bed of sedum, then you'll get the panoramic effect. 90% of my gardens are from plant/seed/bulb trades with my online gardening friends from ll over the US and Canada.

post-6085-135897668579_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897668582_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897668585_thumb.jpg

When we moved here there were no gardens

Good morning ladies :coffee

Mary and I were up until 1:30 working on her algebra and will be again tonight and tomorrow night. Her final needs to be done by thursday and I told her we have to finish wed and then thurs I need to clean and pack for the weekend to leave early friday morning. I'm so tempted to just do it for her, but my morals tell me NO, NO, NO :lol:shrug Oh well, gotta do it the hard way :devil

[ATTACH]40796[/ATTACH]

This is adorable :manyheart I came across that site and saved the link :yes

Finally checking in!

Maybe Lucy was starting to go 'stir crazy' always being on a leash since she started eating the rocks, and that's why she's starting to act out a bit :think Just a thought....sounds like a good day that she was able to 'run free' :lol

I love the uglee doll- it's so very cute. Glad to hear that you had a nice day at breakfast (my favorite meal out) yesterday. Hope that the antibiotics will be done shortly- no fun being nauseas AND itchy!!!

Marisa- One day down- three to go and then you're off on your whirlwind weekend!!! I've got 4 to go and the rest of the week is going to be busy. I have either my hair or nail appt tomorrow night and the other on Wed. They were both closed today so I have to call in the AM and find out where I'm going tomorrow after work!!!

Off to get dinner. Have a good night everyone!

:whew It can't come soon enough :lol I need to try to find some time to research more places but am not having much luck in the little bit of time I've been able to use to research :(

OK, gotta get my rear in gear to go workout :bounce (that's my game face :lol I really feel like :sigh )

Parsley:

[ATTACH]40824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40825[/ATTACH]

Heres a few shots of my yard right now. the 2 pics with the light green splash, slide them together so the splash overlaps, thats 1 bed of sedum, then you'll get the panoramic effect. 90% of my gardens are from plant/seed/bulb trades with my online gardening friends from ll over the US and Canada.

[ATTACH]40826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40828[/ATTACH]

Beautiful pics Wrennie :manyheart I have some parsley growing too, last year the caterpillars ate it all and this year they attacked my dill :eek I guess the parsley will be next since it's those 2 that these things like. I must say they are very pretty and flourescent yellow, too bad I never get to see the butterflies they become :(

Good morning, everyone. Weather report: sunny and hot. On today's agenda: cleaners coming to dust and clean the upstairs. This morning's dose of antibiotic is the last one. Yeah! Started taking Benadryl yesterday and it's helped a lot with the itching and with the nausea as well. Don't know that I should take this again. Will talk to the doctor.

Parsley:

[ATTACH]40824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40828[/ATTACH]

Beautiful pictures, Wrennie.

Marisa, good luck to Mary on her exam. :hug :hug :hug

Judy, hope today is a good one with Miss Lucy.

Hope everyone has a good day. Catch you all later. :hug:manyheart

(¯` * •. ¸ ¸. • * '¯) ¸. • *' ¯) (¯ `* •. ¸ (¯* •. ¸ ¸. • * '¯)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Good Morning House~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(¯ `* •. ¸ (¯` * •. ¸ ¸. • * '¯) ¸. • *' ¯) (¯ `* •. ¸ (¯` * •. ¸

Thanks so much everyone for the love and hugs…. I’m feeling a bit better today. Still a little on the sad side… but pulling through it!

JudyJoanne:hug :hug :hug

Oh… beautiful pic Wrennie…. I have parsley and mint … along with my flowers and rhubarb!

Goodness Linda……….. I sure hope you start feeling better. I’m glad it’s the last dose of antibiotic today.

Today is a day of crocheting and knitting. Got a couple loads of laundry to do… and going to try and clean up my side of my bedroom (or at least get started on it)

Have a great day everyone!!!

'morning peeps!!

A good night here...Little Lucy did whine around 3:30 - poor baby had to go! She went back to sleep very nicely after that till SPARKIE woke me up for early breakfast. Food, potty brakes, then naptime again - for all of us:lol

I'm so very thankful she never puts up a fuss in the crate.

Parsley:

[ATTACH]40824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40828[/ATTACH]

LOVE your gardens!:c9

Mary and I were up until 1:30 working on her algebra and will be again tonight and tomorrow night. Her final needs to be done by thursday and I told her we have to finish wed and then thurs I need to clean and pack for the weekend to leave early friday morning. I'm so tempted to just do it for her, but my morals tell me NO, NO, NO :lol:shrug Oh well, gotta do it the hard way :devil

Good for you!:cheer

Maybe Lucy was starting to go 'stir crazy' always being on a leash since she started eating the rocks, and that's why she's starting to act out a bit :think Just a thought....sounds like a good day that she was able to 'run free' :lol

You're right:yes Whenever she has lots of activity she's a happy camper. She still goes for the mulch, but that doesn't seem to be quite as frenetic. I took her out before we ate this AM and she picked up her tennis ball on the way to the door:lol But it was for her and Sparkie! As soon as she did her business and I unclipped her leash she went to the patio door to get him!

They love each other:manyheart

Good morning, everyone. Weather report: sunny and hot. On today's agenda: cleaners coming to dust and clean the upstairs. This morning's dose of antibiotic is the last one. Yeah! Started taking Benadryl yesterday and it's helped a lot with the itching and with the nausea as well. Don't know that I should take this again. Will talk to the doctor.

There are a couple of antibiotics I can't take because of the side effects. You may want to write a list!

Judy, hope today is a good one with Miss Lucy.

We had a good morning, as I wrote up earlier to Marisa's post.....She loves to counter surf. I was rinsing out dishes and her head and paws were right there watching what I was doing:lol

Off to start laundry, etc...BBL.

Have agood one, my friends!:hug:manyheart

Thanks Judy,

I did manage to read a couple chapters of my book last night while Mary was working her math problems. We have the next unit test tonight and the final tomorrow. We got thrown off track when she realized there was a whole unit she missed for this class :eek I can't blame her though because of the way it's layed out in the online class. It's a series of 3 math classes all rolled into one and she thought that unit was part of the next math course and not this one that had to be done by this week :think They really should separate them out better than that :yes

Gotta head out for work, need to stop at the post office along the way.

Probably won't make it back later, so I probably won't 'see' y'all til the morning again :hug

Good afternoon all,

I've missed you guys. I've had a rough 6 months. Lost my dad and enduring harrassment on the job while working 90+ hours per week. Well as Judy stated in the 2011 challenge crochet along, it is probably a blessing indisguise that I was terminated. I'm going to fight it but not to get the job back. I was probably on the verge of a stroke. I'm glad that I'll be able to spend time in here again. I'm spending today getting all of my wips organized and setting a goal to complete each one. Hope you ladies are all doing well.

Hi all! Work this morning was a bear. All HOT button items, but taken care of. Then took nap and woke to thunderstorms. More coming today and tomorrow. We need the rain, as long as nothing severe, I'm happy.

Wrennie I absolutely LOVE your gardens! Mine unfortunately have been sorely lacking since last summer when I started to feel bad and blamed it on the heat and age :lol Hoping in the fall when it's cooler and I'm not on chemo to get out there and clean them all over and prep them for spring and start over.

Marisa, you're right better for Mary to "get it" on her own. Your little moral voice is working overtime :)

Linda, sounds like you have a full day today. Glad the antibiotics did the work they were supposed to do and the benadryl helps the itchies.

Tam, hope you're getting in as much crocheting and knitting time as you planned!

Judy, love the Lucy and Sparkie stories, always make me smile. I can just see her counter surfing in case you might drop something and taking her ball to play with Sparkie.

Shasta is allergic to grass and it makes her paws red and itchy so she gets a benadryl because she loves going out and playing in the yard. Right now, it's to hot and humid and they are AC furples, but as soon as the sun goes down, they all want to go out and enjoy. Smart furples!

:hug Valerie, hope the next 6 months is better and happier than the last for you.

Love, hugs and prayers to everyone!

Archived