Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy- I forgot to comment on how pretty that picture of the Indigo Bunting is!!!

That's exciting that you have alot of places to look at this weekend, Marisa!

I'm on row 20 of the SBT, but am fading fast- and morning will be here in a few short hours!!!

Coffee is all set up for the am---night house!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and Happy Hump Day from gloomy, gray, rainy NJ! Another day in Paradise awaits!

Cindy- Enjoy your day off and have fun at Kohl's!

Toni- thinking about you!!! You too, Tammy and Julie!

Marisa- Only 2 more days till your exciting weekend!!!

Judy- Well, the Yankees won a game last night- I wasn't watching but caught the score-

Linda- Hope your back isn't too sore today and also hoping that you didn't have to make another trip to the frog pond yesterday.

Oops- just looked at the clock- I've got to skedaddle and get ready-----have a good day everyone!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Is it REALLY morning already??? :think:( I slept well, just seems it wasn't long enough :lol Nothing new to report from last night.

Thanks Cindy and Joanne, I really can't wait and wish I could up and go right now :shrug Hopefully by the end of today I have 3 more places added to the 2 on friday (plus the one on sat) :xfin

Have a great day everyone and once I leave for work, I won't be back until tomorrow morning. Tonights a boscov's trip and then out to eat for us :D It's our 3rd night for the week and then we only have to go 1 or 2 days next week and it's over :clap

No time to really read back. I loved everyones pictures of totes, birds and furples!

Still raining here and we are under flood watch.

again.

I was outside watching the birds last night. The squirrels knocked down the suet feeder which had peanut butter mixed with seed in it, and licked it clean.Well, Mr. Woodpecker was not happy about that!

He ate a few seeds and then decided he should let me know about the lack of yummy peanut utter. So he flew over and landed on my shoulder! :eek He startled me so I gasped and turned to look at him which in turn startled him and he flew off to the phone pole only a few feet away, then back to the tree. I'll have to be sure to make him some 'suet' tonight when I get home.

Good Morning, House. :)

Toni ~ Thanks so much for letting us know about the surgery. :manyheart I hope the healing goes smoothly and you can be back with us soon!

Mary1 ~ Another beautiful tote! The colors are wonderful together. :hook

Judy ~ Aww, the children seem to get along great! :lol Love the pictures!

Linda ~ Great progress on the quilt. :clap Sorry about the frogging on the shawl - hope it goes just right from now on. :yes I know you miss Rosie and John when they're gone - will they be gone long?

Marisa ~ Oh, I hope you find the perfect place while in Pittsburgh! It looks like the Mavs have a good chance this year...Dirk scored 48 points last night!

Joanne ~ Have a good Wednesday at work. :)

Cindy ~ What a great picture! We had buntings when we lived in a more rural area and they are so pretty. Enjoy your days off!

Wrennie ~ :lol Love the woodpecker story. We have them quite often and they are fun to watch, but I sure don't want one on my shoulder. :D is the library fundraiser still scheduled? I've forgotten when it is/was. :think

Cheeria ~ I hope you and the little guys are feeling better. :hug

Hi to everyone at the House!

DH's eye appt. was okay. There is a slight change in his right eye, but thankfully not too bad. Yesterday was a full day and today is going to be busy. I really need some time with my hook...maybe tomorrow. :yes

Good morning, housemates. It's sunny today and the puppies are being completely silly barking at each other. I'm hoping it's going to be a bit warmer today. Too chilly for comfort the last few days.

I got another side panel done on the Challenge Quilt last night before quitting. By then I was too tired to do much more of anything, although I did get another row done on the prayer shawl and the counts were right. Whew! That was a relief.

Yep, Joanne....the adrenaline will be pumping all right. Plus, I plan to go to sleep right after work on thursday :xfin Well, after getting my bag together :think

I now have the 2 on friday plus one on saturday and am hoping to get in 3 more that are by my sister's house :xfin I need to make another call and email tomorrow on that now that I have a lead as to who I need to speak with. I'm definitely excited and even more so that my parents will be there this weekend too :clap

Oooooo! Sounds like an exciting weekend being lined up. Hope one of the possibles is right for you. Will be awaiting news with fingers crossed. Although sometimes it takes a lot of looking to find just the right place. Hope that's not the case for you.

No time to really read back. I loved everyones pictures of totes, birds and furples!

again.

I was outside watching the birds last night. The squirrels knocked down the suet feeder which had peanut butter mixed with seed in it, and licked it clean.Well, Mr. Woodpecker was not happy about that!

He ate a few seeds and then decided he should let me know about the lack of yummy peanut utter. So he flew over and landed on my shoulder! :eek He startled me so I gasped and turned to look at him which in turn startled him and he flew off to the phone pole only a few feet away, then back to the tree. I'll have to be sure to make him some 'suet' tonight when I get home.

Oh, WOW!!! I'd have been more than a bit startled, too. Stay safe. Hope the flooding avoids you.

Good Morning Ladies,

Dusti, That was awfully nice of your hubby to friend do the floors. That is a big hard job. Was nice of you to cook for them. Everything sounds wonderful. Has to be nice to able to plant a garden. With frost here a couple of days ago we still have to wait.

Kiyo, Enjoy your final days with your Aussie friends. How did Aree's dance go? Mowing the yard twice week doesn't sound like much fun.

Julie, So good to see you! Happy belated Birthday to Cam! He'll get lots of enjoyment on his new trampaline.

Toni, So glad you can see. I hope you continue to get better.

Cheeria, Hope you and the grandbabies are better and that you can go on your trip this weekend.

Mary2, Did that baby tell you the blanket isn't as urgent as you thought it was?:laughrollBeautiful bag!

Marisa, Agent orange was exposed to service members when they were in Vietnam. Not all of them but a lot of them. There is a lot of side effects to it. Good luck on finding the right office bldg this weekend. It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.

Linda, Enjoy your time off! You'll be able to get a lot of sewing done. Sorry you had to visit frog land.

Cindy, Have shopping with DD! Enjoy your day off! The Indigo bird is beautiful! I've never seen one before.

Judy, The kids are cute together. I bet it is a lot of fun watching them playing together.

Joanne, Congrats on your weight loss and WW membership.

Wrennie, The birds most know you are a bird person to want to land on you. We have had a very large woodpecker on the lake. I did get to see him on the side of the neighbors tree a few years ago. I hear him quite often.

Mary1, Maya is all excited about coming. We sure do miss her. Since she will start school in September we will just have to get use to it. Just wish she lived closer to us.

I ran out of yarn on my rr yesterday and I'm half way through the last round. So I will be picking another skein of yarn. So I started a stashbuster bag in cotton. I couldn't crochet with 2 strands on the bottom of it. My hand wouldn't allow it. So when I started the sides I added it and did a little bit and stopped. Will see what today brings with it. If it's to much trouble I'll switch it out to yarn instead.

Going home today not sure how long I'll be home. My Mom is coming up to help with the kids so I will see how long she wants to stay.

Not sure when I'll get back on. I want to stay tomorrow night at my sisters then go to some subdivison garage sales and hopefully see some friends for coffee. So it may be friday or saturday. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi, peeps!

TY for the compliments on the pics...She can be rough on Sparkie at t ims. Poor guy needs to learn to sand up for himself.

Methinks we ave anothr Alpha female - like Susie:lol

Joanne, it was so nice seeing Posada get hits and the team finally play better, Cano and his errors, though:think

Gotta go!

*Good morning girlies of the house*!~!!! I'm checkin in today- I see that Toni has goodness out of her operation on her eyes----so great to hear--hope the "BUBBLE" gets straight and you can see well!

Marissa---good luck on your trip!

I haven't had a chance to really catch up on posts for days---I'm sorry. Still been super busy at work and then after !

Aree's softball team placed 4th-with it being a comp team, they only play in tournaments- thus it's a LOT of competetion. She was bummed she didn't get to play sat. As far as dancing, they placed 1stwith the one dance and 2nd with her Michael Jackson "BAD" dance, she was bummed about that one but they still did awesome!

VERY emotional last couple of days for me........getting off at 2 today to spend the rest of my day with my "MATES" I've REALLY gotten close with them this trip and it sucks to say they have to leave tomorrow morning. Aree and I went to dinner with them last night and with her "Family" here- we had a great time! I told them it was her husbands birthday---lol he gave me "their bird" lol! Loved it though. We shed some tears. I know that unless I find a husband and have some help with money around my house, I won't be getting down there to see them anytime soon---however, I can always hope and maybe someday I will be able to go!

I've missed ya' ll hope everyone else is doing well! Be back soon!

*Good morning girlies of the house*!~!!! I'm checkin in today- I haven't had a chance to really catch up on posts for days---I'm sorry. Still been super busy at work and then after !

Aree's softball team placed 4th-with it being a comp team, they only play in tournaments- thus it's a LOT of competetion. She was bummed she didn't get to play sat. As far as dancing, they placed 1stwith the one dance and 2nd with her Michael Jackson "BAD" dance, she was bummed about that one but they still did awesome!

Congratulations to Aree!!! Sounds like she did great to me!

VERY emotional last couple of days for me........getting off at 2 today to spend the rest of my day with my "MATES" I've REALLY gotten close with them this trip and it sucks to say they have to leave tomorrow morning. Aree and I went to dinner with them last night and with her "Family" here- we had a great time! I told them it was her husbands birthday---lol he gave me "their bird" lol! Loved it though. We shed some tears. I know that unless I find a husband and have some help with money around my house, I won't be getting down there to see them anytime soon---however, I can always hope and maybe someday I will be able to go!

I know that you'll miss them, but it sounds like you've had a wonderful time with them while they've been here. Safe trip to them as they go home tomorrow.

Hi, Kiyo! You're very blessed to have friends like that...I wish them a safe trip home. TG for the internet etc, so you can maintain contact.

Busy afternoon here. Kim and Sweet Pea both got showers. Kim's had two extra breathing treatments. Tried on the clothes I got for Kim over the weekend. I need a size larger on two of the pants, a size smaller on one of the tops and a completely different style top for one of the tops. The other two pairs of pants and their tops work fine. So 50% batting average for me.

No sewing today. Too many joints are sore. Must be a change in the weather coming. I did manage to add quite a few rows to the prayer shawl in between everything else.

Hope everyone has a good evening. Catch you all tomorrow. :manyheart

again.

Hopefully Mr Squirrel will leave Mr Woodpecker's suet alone- fingers crossed that you don't have any flooding. It's been raining off/on all week so far. Luckily I don't live in a 'flood zone'

Good Morning, House. :)

Joanne ~ Have a good Wednesday at work. :)

DH's eye appt. was okay. There is a slight change in his right eye, but thankfully not too bad. Yesterday was a full day and today is going to be busy. I really need some time with my hook...maybe tomorrow. :yes

Glad to hear that the slight change is not bad. When does he have to return? Here's a pic of :hook that I hope you get to do tomorrow!

Good morning, housemates. It's sunny today and the puppies are being completely silly barking at each other. I'm hoping it's going to be a bit warmer today. Too chilly for comfort the last few days.

I got another side panel done on the Challenge Quilt last night before quitting. By then I was too tired to do much more of anything, although I did get another row done on the prayer shawl and the counts were right. Whew! That was a relief.

You are really plugging away on the Challenge Quilt and Yay for another row on the shawl without having to visit the frog pond!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I ran out of yarn on my rr yesterday and I'm half way through the last round. So I will be picking another skein of yarn. So I started a stashbuster bag in cotton. I couldn't crochet with 2 strands on the bottom of it. My hand wouldn't allow it. So when I started the sides I added it and did a little bit and stopped. Will see what today brings with it. If it's to much trouble I'll switch it out to yarn instead.

Going home today not sure how long I'll be home. My Mom is coming up to help with the kids so I will see how long she wants to stay.

Not sure when I'll get back on. I want to stay tomorrow night at my sisters then go to some subdivison garage sales and hopefully see some friends for coffee. So it may be friday or saturday. Hope everyone has a nice day!

I hate when I run out of yarn when I'm near the end of something!! But, hey, it's a good excuse to HAVE to buy more :yarn!!! Enjoy your time at home- I'm sure DH is thrilled that you'll be home for a bit- sounds like he really misses you from what I can tell from one of your previous posts!

Hi, peeps!

TY for the compliments on the pics...She can be rough on Sparkie at t ims. Poor guy needs to learn to sand up for himself.

Methinks we ave anothr Alpha female - like Susie:lol

Joanne, it was so nice seeing Posada get hits and the team finally play better, Cano and his errors, though:think

Gotta go!

I'm going to tune in tonight for a bit and watch- hopefully I don't bring the bad luck- I didn't watch last night and they won!!

I haven't had a chance to really catch up on posts for days---I'm sorry. Still been super busy at work and then after !

I'm so happy that you have enjoyed the Aussie's and the time you got to spend together!!! Keep the dream alive that someday you WILL get to visit them!!!

Busy afternoon here. Kim and Sweet Pea both got showers. Kim's had two extra breathing treatments. Tried on the clothes I got for Kim over the weekend. I need a size larger on two of the pants, a size smaller on one of the tops and a completely different style top for one of the tops. The other two pairs of pants and their tops work fine. So 50% batting average for me.

No sewing today. Too many joints are sore. Must be a change in the weather coming. I did manage to add quite a few rows to the prayer shawl in between everything else.

Hope everyone has a good evening. Catch you all tomorrow. :manyheart

I say 50/50 is pretty good. It's hard to buy for someone else!!!

Yay for adding some more rows to your prayer shawl!!!

Marisa- Glad that you found a few more places to visit. Have fun at Boscov's but mostly have fun eating out!!!! See you in the AM

Cindy- Did DD get lots of good deals at Kohl's?

Had a very busy day today and tomorrow will be even busier- I'll head in a bit early just to have peace and quiet so I can get something accomplished. Tonight, though I want to finish SBT #8!!

Good morning...

Another gloomy, gray day out there- but I'm awake, I'm alive, and ready to tackle another day in Paradise!

Hope you all have a good day- missing the chatter around here- must be the time of year....

Tammy- thinking about you and the family:hug

Toni- Hope your eye appointment today goes well

Marisa- Last day of work before your exciting weekend!!! Positive thoughts that just the right property will be found this weekend! You know the one with your name on it- that you will know is just the right place to begin the next phase of your life!!!

Judy- I didn't watch- just snippets here and there--but I see it only took 15 innings for the Yankees to win the game:lol

Mary1- Hope today is the day that you actually will have time to do a little :crocheting!

Marlene- DH must be so glad that you are home. Enjoy your time home. When will Maya be coming?

Toni- Good luck at the eye appointment today!!!:hug

Cheeria- Hope today finds you feeling better as well as your darling grandbabies ....

Linda- Quilting challenge- quilting challenge- quilting challenge----Just a reminder for you to plug away a little bit at a time:cheer I know you are- and must be so excited to be entering this challenge. I love how it is turning out so far!

Cindy- Enjoy another day off!!! Any reading/hooking planned for today?

Mary2- I saw your SBT #20 on the tote CAL- another beauty- and love the patriotic colors!!! Still have 2 rows to go on #8- the handles-

Julie, Kiyo, Wrennie, LeAnna, Tab,Trish, Val....enjoy your Thursdays!

Off to get ready for paradise...it'll be a long day since I have a wake to attend after work.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

We did our boscov's trip and then to the diner. I got the same pizza I had last week and it was just as yummy and being really bad, I got one to have for lunch today since I knew I cleaned out the fridge and didn't have anything to take with my salad. They make mini personal sized ones, so it's not as much as it sounds :lol We got Mary's mom a slice last night and it was as big as our mini pizza :eek She only ate a bit of it and took the rest home :yes Anyway, up before my alarm again because mother nature called and I decided to stay awake. I know I need to go to bed super early tonight to be in the car by 5 am tomorrow :eek I need to pack up all my stuff too :yes

Wrennie - Hope you didn't flood :xfin That woodpecker would scared the crap out of me :eek

Mary1 - I hope your mavs pull through for you :yes Hope you get some hook time soon :hug

Linda - :cheer :cheer quilt, quilt, quilt :cheer :cheer and WTG with the shawl to and having the count right :clap Not too bad with Kim's clothes either. I hope I find something fairly quickly as well since I'm kinda at a dead end until I find a spot :think

Marlene - Thanks for the agent orange info, I've never heard of it before. You'll have the rr done in now time. How's your stashbuster coming along? Have fun at the garage sales if you get to go :yes

Judy - I'm sure Sparkie is strategically not standing up for himself because he doesn't really want to overpower her knowing he's so much bigger and they're just playing :think:manyheart

Kiyo - Sounds like Aree did great with the dancing :clap Sorry your friends have to head back now, but you had an awesome time with them and I'm sure you'll keep in touch. One day, I'm sure you'll get to go visit them :yes

Joanne - Sorry to hear about the wake :hug :hug Hope paradise goes well.

Cindy - Enjoy your day, will you get some 'me' time?

Good morning everyone. Gloomy and rainy again today. Seems like I can see the grass growing, with all this rain.

I was hoping that I would be able to stay home today, but I forgot that we have to go to a funeral. Dh's uncle passed away last weekend. I had barely ever met him, but I know his children quite well.

I went grocery shopping last night and spent $175! I did not buy any meat at all, but I did spend $30 or so on non grocery items. That still means I spent $145 on food for three people. I decided that we really need to eat healthier, so I concentrated on buying fresh foods, low fat dairy and high fiber, whole grain items. I did pick up a few low cal snack foods as well. like frozen fruit bars, and pretzels. (My dh loves pretzels and eats a couple of bags of them each week.) Its no wonder so many people are overweight. Unhealthy eating is a lot more affordable!

Good morning everyone. Gloomy and rainy again today. Seems like I can see the grass growing, with all this rain.

I was hoping that I would be able to stay home today, but I forgot that we have to go to a funeral. Dh's uncle passed away last weekend. I had barely ever met him, but I know his children quite well.

I went grocery shopping last night and spent $175! I did not buy any meat at all, but I did spend $30 or so on non grocery items. That still means I spent $145 on food for three people. I decided that we really need to eat healthier, so I concentrated on buying fresh foods, low fat dairy and high fiber, whole grain items. I did pick up a few low cal snack foods as well. like frozen fruit bars, and pretzels. (My dh loves pretzels and eats a couple of bags of them each week.) Its no wonder so many people are overweight. Unhealthy eating is a lot more affordable!

Sorry to hear about dh's uncle :hug I hope his kids are doing well :hug :hug

You're right on the groceries, unhealthy is so much cheaper. I also try to buy the healthier options, but since it's just me it's not so bad :no

Good morning, housemates. It's sunny and supposed to get into the upper 70s, maybe low 80s today. Kim has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. It's the chest guy, so he can listen to her chest and advise us on if we should do anything more than what we are already doing for her. And next week it's getting Kim's nails done and a haircut in preparation for the Florida vacation trip. If it's not one thing it's another. :D

Good morning ladies :hi

We did our boscov's trip and then to the diner. I got the same pizza I had last week and it was just as yummy and being really bad, I got one to have for lunch today since I knew I cleaned out the fridge and didn't have anything to take with my salad. They make mini personal sized ones, so it's not as much as it sounds :lol We got Mary's mom a slice last night and it was as big as our mini pizza :eek She only ate a bit of it and took the rest home :yes Anyway, up before my alarm again because mother nature called and I decided to stay awake. I know I need to go to bed super early tonight to be in the car by 5 am tomorrow :eek I need to pack up all my stuff too :yes

Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend and don't have to look too long for the right place. But better to look a while than settle for someplace that you'll grow out of or be unhappy in in no time.

I hope I find something fairly quickly as well since I'm kinda at a dead end until I find a spot :think

Got my fingers crossed.

Marlene - Thanks for the agent orange info, I've never heard of it before.

Agent Orange was sprayed on the foliage to kill it and produce areas where the Viet Cong couldn't cross without being seen. Unfortunately it also caused a variety of cancers, central nervous system problems, immune deficiency problems, reproduction problems and birth defects in a lot of the soldiers and civilians that were exposed to lots of it. Since most of the problems didn't show up immediately and the link between the two was denied for quite a while, which also caused lots of bad feelings toward the government over the war. Problems are still showing up in Vietnam Vets, so you still hear about it occasionally, but not as much as you used to.

Hugs. :hug :hug :hug

Eating healthy foods is especially hard when things aren't in season, like fresh fruits and veggies now. Good luck.

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

I'm so sorry for being so absent lately!

its been rough here!

Michael is still sick.... and now Ken is on antibiotics and eye drops for pink-eye... which he got from my daughter and all three of her kids... .YEP... her and the kids all have pink-eye.

Yesterday was the first day I even picked up my yarn and hook. I have just been so down.... :( its been really hard to pick myself back up. I really dont like the person I have become. I'm tired... I'm sad... Its hard to see the possitive... and the more I try... the harder it gets! Just when I see the little tiny light at the end of the tunnel... there is something new to block my view.

It felt good to play in my cotton yarn yesterday though.. .I made several face/dishcloths.

anyway............... sorry for being a 'debbie downer' I'm just tired.

I havent read through the thread.... so I'm sorry I havent responded to anyone's posts.

I do hope all is well with you all!

hugs and love to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Archived