Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello friends. Quick flyby here today. I worked 12 hours today, because it is so terribly busy again at work. I have to work tomorrow still, and then I am done for the week.

My mom is the same, still in the hospital. My dad says her attitude is better though. However, now my mil has pneumonia and she has just been admitted to the hospital too.

I did not read through all the posts, but I skimmed them looking for something from Toni. I'm so happy to know that you are safe. I'm sorry for the terrible time you've had and are having. Sending prayers for your mom, and for tomorrow's eye surgery.

Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello house, I am safe. I have missed my lifeline of online friends. Finally have power, phone and an intenet connection. Devastsation all around me. My church family has taken a hard hit in loss of lives and homes destroyed. Many injured. My heart is breaking.

My daughter, mom, sister and brother are okay. One of the smaller tornadoes dropped down on my brother's property, so he has some minor damage and tree cleanup to do. One of my neighbors cut up the tree that fell in my yard and hauled it away.

Please say a prayer for my mom, she is dying and on top of all the loss and devastation, this is just to much for the mind to comprehend.

The only bright spot is that the dr office where my eye procedure will be done is back open and it will go on as scheduled tomorrow. I pray it's successful and my sight is fully restored.

I will be back sporadically for a while until life settles. My faith is carrying me through.

:hug:heart and :angel for all

Oh darlin.................. I have been worrying about you! I'm so glad you're okay!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the sadness left behind from the storms!!! :hug I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! :hug

Please take care and know I'm here praying for you.. your mom.. your family and friends!!!!

love ya hon! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hello friends. Quick flyby here today. I worked 12 hours today, because it is so terribly busy again at work. I have to work tomorrow still, and then I am done for the week.

My mom is the same, still in the hospital. My dad says her attitude is better though. However, now my mil has pneumonia and she has just been admitted to the hospital too.

I did not read through all the posts, but I skimmed them looking for something from Toni. I'm so happy to know that you are safe. I'm sorry for the terrible time you've had and are having. Sending prayers for your mom, and for tomorrow's eye surgery.

Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow.

Hey sweetie!!!! :hug

Been thinkin' about you!

Its good to hear your mom may be doing better! Gosh..sorry to hear about your mom-in-law though... Goodness!!!

hang in there hon... I'm here prayin' for you and your family!!

Good morning!!

Positive thoughts and prayers today for Toni--here's to a successful eye surgery!!!!!:2hug:angel

Cindy- When it rains, it pours!! Here's hoping that your day today at work flies by- prayers for your Mom and MIL!!! :hug

Didn't get home from the airport till late- then DH and I watched Idol together (love DVR- no commercials) and then it was time for bed- (actually a little later than I would have liked) And here we are, time to get ready for another day in Paradise! Definitely need some crochet therapy tonight!!!

Have a wonderful day and may angels watch over you and yours!!!:hug

Good morning!!

Positive thoughts and prayers today for Toni--here's to a successful eye surgery!!!!!:2hug:angel

Cindy- When it rains, it pours!! Here's hoping that your day today at work flies by- prayers for your Mom and MIL!!! :hug

Didn't get home from the airport till late- then DH and I watched Idol together (love DVR- no commercials) and then it was time for bed- (actually a little later than I would have liked) And here we are, time to get ready for another day in Paradise! Definitely need some crochet therapy tonight!!!

Have a wonderful day and may angels watch over you and yours!!!:hug

Good Morning to you my dear......

I know you got home late.. but glad hubby made it home safe and sound!

You have a wonderful day yourself!!

and here's to hoping for some good crochet time tonight for ya! :hug:hook:hug

post-18634-135897655723_thumb.jpg

How is everyone this fine morning?

Coffee is on............. fresh pot and creamer is in the fridge! Help yourself!

Bagels are in the drawer... cream cheese is also in the fridge... strawberry and plain.

Was a long day yesterday.... started off going to treatment with hubby. Picked up David and Michael from school........ got home.. David had to change for baseball practice. Hubby went to lay down for a nap before his evening treatment..... while I took David and Michael off to David's practice. Left Michael with David right at the end of practice to run to the school and pick up Patrick from track practice... ran back through town to grab David and Michael.. came home .. Patrick had to change for his baseball practice... Hubby was just gettin' up from his nap to get ready to go back to the hospital for treatment... I took all the boys back to town... David did his home work and then him and Michael played at the park while Patrick practiced. Finially home... showers and bed! :whew.

So here is a new day................ new chores.. new errands. :D

have a GREAT day ladies.

Catch back up later!

Good morning ladies :hi:coffee

Thank you all for the prayers for Mary's mom. She seems fine now :think Tonight is our boscov's trip again so I'll keep an eye on her a little more than usual :yes

My Phillies won last night :clap:yay I worked on my SB tote at the game and finished the whole center part and now just have the top part with the handles :D The Flyers lost :(

Toni - :hug :hug :hug so, so, so glad to hear from you. We were grateful that Kuddles from the tote thread gave us a couple updates on you and the few of us that are in both threads shared the info over here :yes Continuing prayers for you, your family, your church, and everyone down that way really :hug:angel:hug:angel:hug Extra prayers for your mom too and you during your eye surgery today :hug :hug We'll be waiting to hear back from you when you get a chance.

Wrennie - Your goldfinch story was pretty cute :yes I don't know much on birds and am enjoying all your info :hug

Linda - WTG on the quilt and you're right, at least you only have a small portion to redo :yes

Dusti - This week at boscov's is a set of 3 pots with lids and a 10"frying pan for 7.99 I think :yes Tonight will be our 3rd night and we'll get our certificate for it and then it can be picked up next week :yes I did do up the linings quick and they're definitely on perfect, but the visible parts look good :lol

Judy - Heidi sounds like such a sweetheart, I know you're enjoying every minute :yes Glad Sparkie is doing well with her too

Mary1 - Hey there young lady, how's our little luke doing? Any new pics recently :devil

LeAnna - I hope you have a good trip and you're right about just being away and 'disconnected' from everything. It helps :yes Well be waiting for you when you get back :hug Sorry to hear about your laptop :(

Marlene - I'm really wondering what's going on with Maya :( I hope they figure it out quickly :xfin Someone mentioned gluten, maybe soy :think Some of these things are in almost everything so are hard to pin down :(

Joanne - Sorry dh was delayed, that's always a pain :shrug I didn't yet watch idol, it's on my dvr waiting for me. I hope to see it tonight :xfin

Cindy - :hug :hug You're really working to bone since everything got changed over there. AFter today, you're off though :yay

Tam - love the little pic you put up and thanks for the coffee and bagels :hug I'm already tired just reading about your day :lol

All right, 2 more threads to check and then I gotta workout :yes

Good morning, my friends. It's sunny and really chilly here this morning. They said we might set a record low last night. I haven't looked to see if we did yet, but it sure feels possible. I was up late finishing a book last night, so, of course, this morning was one of the ones where John went in extra early. Figures. :P

Hi everyone...I'm still "here" so to speak...Hub-E is still in Illinois. Funeral for his brother is tomorrow...everyone is at the viewing right now.

Meanwhile, my laptop is in a coma...the video chip or whatever it is is fried. There is a possibility that the laptop is under warantee, but I'm prepared for HP to say, "Oh yeah, think again..." It is fixable, but the bill will be about $300.00 if that's the case. However, we were able to save my files and they are being transferred to one of our pc's and we're also getting it wireless ready, so that's something.

Am going to California on Tuesday and will be gone for a week...just won't have my laptop with me...but the more I think about it, the more that might be a good thing...have a real break from the computer...

:hug :hug :hug Have a good time in California next week. Good luck with the computer. Keeping you and yours in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Maya's is usually sick for a couple of days. Today her throat is hurting and once in awhile she complains about her belly. No fever and vomiting.

We got here to DD's bright and early. Maya, DH and I all took a nap today. It was much needed. Were going out for Fajitas tonight. I'll try and get back on later if not I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

Is Maya subject to strep throat? That can cause some of the symptoms she's having in addition to the sore throat. Glad you got there safely. Take care. :hug :hug :hug

:hug :hug :hug Keeping your mom and mil in my prayers, Cindy. Hope work goes well for you today.

[ATTACH]38897[/ATTACH]

How is everyone this fine morning? Bagels are in the drawer... cream cheese is also in the fridge... strawberry and plain.

Was a long day yesterday.... started off going to treatment with hubby. Picked up David and Michael from school........ got home.. David had to change for baseball practice. Hubby went to lay down for a nap before his evening treatment..... while I took David and Michael off to David's practice. Left Michael with David right at the end of practice to run to the school and pick up Patrick from track practice... ran back through town to grab David and Michael.. came home .. Patrick had to change for his baseball practice... Hubby was just gettin' up from his nap to get ready to go back to the hospital for treatment... I took all the boys back to town... David did his home work and then him and Michael played at the park while Patrick practiced. Finially home... showers and bed! :whew.

Those bagels sound delicious. You had quite a day yesterday! WOW! Busy, busy, busy. Hope today is a bit calmer. :hug

Good morning ~

Toni ~ I am thinking of you during your eye surgery, today. All the best for a quick and full recovery.

The sun is shining, and I am planning to spend the morning making a quick gift bag for MIL's gift. I bought her a nice-looking glass vessel with a long cylinder in it for infusing olive oil or vinegar with herb flavors (I know, really great explanation :blush, but it is perfect for her, as she would eat salads for 3 meals/day, if FIL did not insist on some heartier fare :lol) So, I have this vessel, a bottle of fancy, EVOO and I will pick up some fresh tarragon and basil from the Farmer's Market before we meet-up with my in-laws on Saturday morning. So, I am picturing a tall, narrow bag with a drawstring...:think We'll see how it goes.

Glad DH finally made it home last night, Joanne. Sounds to me as though you needed an extra dose of coffee :mugthis morning, as well as time in which to crochet tonight :hook

Marlene ~ I hope Maya is feeling better, soon. Today is her appointment with the doctor, right? Let's hope he has some ideas for getting her on the right-track to feeling good :hug.

Judy ~ Sounds as though Heidi settled in so well on her first night with you. Fabulous. Did you get to take her out to play in the yard, today? I can just imagine her boundless energy :dog

Cindy ~ Oh, nooooo. Poor you, and poor MIL!! Today is your day off, so I hope you can take a bit to de-stress. Is it nice enough on your end to get out and go for a walk in the fresh air? Thinking of you :hug

Tam ~ My goodness, you put a lot of miles on the family car yesterday, didn't you?!? I think I may have forgotten one of the boys at one end of your errands or another...sounds as though you had it all under control, though. Knowing you, you also finished testing a pattern for a friend and ran a load of laundry -- you are amazing. Hope you have a great Thursday!! Thanks for the bagels, by the way. I have not had one in awhile, and the cream cheese on top was pure heaven.

Marisa ~ Tonight's also your night to eat out at your new diner, isn't it? Enjoy the treat after your shopping outing. Have you really been able to resist shopping, as you run in and out of Boscov's this week? Good for you! Can't wait to see your second Stashbuster Tote.

Wrennie ~ Hi :hi

Linda ~ Brrrr, it must have been chilly when you let the pups out this morning, if they are talking about record low temps. Hope you had a scarf and slippers on. Hope your day goes smoothly, especially since you are operating on less-than-optimal amount of sleep. Must have been a good book ;)

Mary ~ Hi :flower. How are the winds down your way, today? Are your new plants holding their own? Did you go and do landscaping work at DD's this year? Digging in the dirt and putting down mulch is good de-stressing therapy, isn't it?? :hug

Mary2, Julie, LeAnna, Faile, Tab, and Everyone I missed ~ How are you doing? :crocheting

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][B]Marisa[/B]: Good morning dear! Good news about Mary's mom!

[B]Linda[/B]: hey hon......... how are you? Its sunny and a bit cool this morning... suppose to warm up here today... mid 60's...... Now if the wind will just stay away... it would be a nice day!

[B]Dusti[/B]: Good morning back at ya! Oooooh anxious to see your gift bag for your mom-in-law! Yeah... I do alot of driving!!!! One boy here .. one boy there... another over there... thats why I take my crochet projects with me! :hook[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just zipping by to say HIYA House :cheer:cheer The baby is keeping me busy running after him to keep him safe from trying to walk for at the moment he's doing the wobby walk :lol:lol. Working on the fun to crochet Stash Buster Tote, loving it. :hook Hugs to all that needs Hugs and prayers for those needing prayers. Hopefully talk to you all at another time. :hug:hug:hug

Good morning ~

The sun is shining, and I am planning to spend the morning making a quick gift bag for MIL's gift. I bought her a nice-looking glass vessel with a long cylinder in it for infusing olive oil or vinegar with herb flavors (I know, really great explanation :blush, but it is perfect for her, as she would eat salads for 3 meals/day, if FIL did not insist on some heartier fare :lol) So, I have this vessel, a bottle of fancy, EVOO and I will pick up some fresh tarragon and basil from the Farmer's Market before we meet-up with my in-laws on Saturday morning. So, I am picturing a tall, narrow bag with a drawstring...:think We'll see how it goes.

:crocheting

Hi, Dusti. And a very good morning to you, too. The gift wounds nice. I think we've got a couple of those bottles, one with olive oil and one with dish detergent in them.

Hi, Tammy. Hope today is a little less hectic than yesterday.

Hi, Julie. Hope this finds you feeling a little better. :hug :hug :hug Thinking of you and hoping you are able to cope with all the health issues you've got going on. :hug :hug :hug

Hi everyone. :) I've tried to stay off the computer today and catch up on things. It seems like I'm always doing that lately.:lol Hmmm - could it be age? :wink

Dusti ~ The gift for your MIL sounds perfect! I love your idea for making the gift bag. :yes

LeAnna ~ So sorry about your laptop. Thinking of you all today. :hug

Hi to all my House friends. :ghug

Zoe ate a tiny bit last night and also during the night. The vet said even a little is fine for now, but wants to see her again if she's not eating more by tomorrow. All the tests showed nothing wrong and the only thing left is an ultrasound...that involves anaesthesia, so they won't do that unless absolutely necessary. She slept by my feet like always and played with Gracie this a.m. - time will tell. :yes

I think it's crochet time! I only have one more row to finish a scarf for Kiyo.

Zoe ate a tiny bit last night and also during the night. The vet said even a little is fine for now, but wants to see her again if she's not eating more by tomorrow. All the tests showed nothing wrong and the only thing left is an ultrasound...that involves anaesthesia, so they won't do that unless absolutely necessary. She slept by my feet like always and played with Gracie this a.m. - time will tell. :yes

I think it's crochet time! I only have one more row to finish a scarf for Kiyo.

That's good news on Zoe. Hope the progress continues.:hug

~~~AND......SOOOO.......I drop in to say hello to my friends as I am running around outside in my bikini and one of my colorful doilies!!!! UHHHHHH HUH.......SURE LOL!!! JUST PLAYING!!

Had a spare minute, wanted to drop in and say hello! Haven't had a chance to check out posts----happened to notice Ms. Linda's -----about the scarf---only because it's right here in front of me!

Hope you are all doing well, babies, puppies, kids, grandkids, weather, health.....etc---I hope you're all blessed today! I love you all and missssss you heaps!! (oooops I think I picked that up from my mates!!) Still missin' my honey being here though! :0( He would of had so much fun with all of us! Hopefully Memorial week he will get to spend here! Aree is keeping me hopping this week though, if it hasn't been softball 3 nights this week, it's been dance and softball, and.......tonight she has a school reading function and because I have to swath my pasture ---I am going to make grass bales and I am willing to trade for yarn or wool! lol Geeeeezzeee I'm sick of the rain!

Cheeria: Hey there .......... so stash bustin' a tote are ya? LOL Oh the wobbly walk... good times! they are so cute!

Mary: I'm happy to hear Zoe is at least showing some good signs! Praying she improves over night!

Kiyo: You crazy thing you ... runnin' around in your bikini! :D I sure hope you get to see your honey soon! Boy do I know all about running around with kids and sports and school events! :whew

Miss Linda T: You are a stinker!!!! I received a wonderful package in the mail today!!! I love it!!! I Love you!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! You are a true angel! :hug

A quick hi!

Mary1 - I'm so glad Zoe is home! I hope everything goes well:hug

Toni, you were in my thoughts and prayers today - I hope your eye surgery went well.

I've been crocheting when Heidi sleeps (where I can see her), which surprises me...but I just haven't had the concentration needed to keep up with all my threads here given the time I need to keep an eye on the pup.

Sparkie and Heidi chased each other around the yard today - it's so funny hearing her puppy yips. She and Sparkie are always looking for each other if we have one out without the other. He loves chasing her, carrying his fav squaky ball in his mouth!

Took her to see our vet, and she weighs 15.8 pounds. She fell asleep on the counter while I paid the bill:lol

Take care everyone....my thoughts are here...:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi all,

Quick post to say hi and hope all is well with everyone!!! I am one tired girl! But determined to get some hooking in tonight so that is why the computer time will be limited!

Judy- Sounds like Heidi is doing good and I chuckled about her falling asleep while you paid the bill!!

Dusti- The gift you got your MIL sounds nice and I can't wait to see the gift bag you came up with!!

Kiyo thanks for the laugh about your running around in your bikini!!! Glad you are enjoying your Aussie friends and your honey will be here in a few weeks!! Don't wear the doily out! LOL

Cindy- Hope you survived your day- good thing you have a few off! Keeping your Mom and MIL in my prayers

Linda- Isn't it always the way? You stay up late and then have to get up earlier than you'd like? Hope your day went well.

Tammy- I'm exhausted from work, but more exhausted reading about your day yesterday!!!

Marisa- Yay for your Phillies and Yay for the Flyers losing!! (sorry, but DD is a HUGE Bruins fan- so gotta root for them.) Hope Mary's Mom is still doing well and that you had a successful outing to Boscov's!

Wrennie I am enjoying the bird stories!!

Julie- Thinking of you!

Marlene- Hope the doc was able to get a handle on what's ailing Maya!

Mary 2- Absolutely can't believe how many totes you are making!! Amazing, simply amazing!

Cheeria- I'll have to remember that- the wobbly walk---I'm sure he's keeping you very busy!!! Hugs!

LeAnna- Thinking of you and look forward to hearing from you again after your return from Cali.

Was just thinking about Tabby and wondering how she is doing!

Toni- Positive thoughts that all went well today.

It's time to shut this computer off, or I'll never get any hooking done!

See you in the AM!

Haven't been able to post for a while. My computer was throwing fits and everyone else monopolizes their computer. I could get little bits of time here and there for posting my stashbusting scores but not much else.

Now I have my own computer that I can monopolize as much as I want.

Not a lot to report. Thinking of taking on a second job in order to catch things up and get a little bit ahead.

Of course my new computer doesn't reboot every five minutes for absolutely no reason. I'm having a hard time getting used to that.

But now I can put in my city-builder games and sit and crochet while I watch the city come to life.:cheer:cheer:cheer

I can't talk much now because I need to eat and get ready for work. I'll try to drop by tomorrow sometime.

Good morning ladies :coffe

I got back late last night so didn't even turn the computer on. Dusti was right, we went out to eat after boscov's to the diner, which has fiesta night on thursdays :clap (not just cinco de mayo :lol ) and it was yummy. Next on our list there for next week is pizza :yes I didn't buy anything at boscov's last night, so that's 2 trips this week without a purchase :clap:yay Go me!!!!! Mary did get a few things including a pair of sandals for her mom for the summer, which of course were on sale and were cute :yes

I'm leaving straight from work tonight so not sure when I'll get back here, possibly not until I get back to philly on sunday :think But we'll see.

TGIF....have a great day, weekend, and mother's day everyone :hug :hug

Here is the 2nd SB tote I made...........

post-36814-135897655801_thumb.jpg

Good morning and TGIF!!!

Toni- Thinking of you- and prayers continuing- that all went well with your eye surgery, for your family and friends...and for your Mom---- Love you, friend!!

Marisa- Have a great weekend at the winery!

Cindy- Enjoy your well -deserved day off- continued prayers for your Mom and MIL!

Shannon- Good to hear from you and you must be beyond excited to have your own computer now!

Mary1-Hope that Zoe is continuing to do well

Judy- Did Heidi have another good night! I'm sure you are just in seventh heaven with your new beautiful GSD!!!

Linda Did you get the Kentucky Derby hats finished? I hope you can share pics of your creations! You did a great job on them last year!

Cheeria, Marlene, Mary2, LeAnna, Marlene, Julie, Wrennie, Tab, Tammy, Dusti, Kiyo, and all---wishing you all a good day- I've got to scoot now and get ready for a Fab Friday in Paradise!!!

(if I forgot anyone- I'm blaming it on lack of coffee---and it was not intentional) Off to grab a cup!

Sparkie and Heidi chased each other around the yard today - it's so funny hearing her puppy yips. She and Sparkie are always looking for each other if we have one out without the other. He loves chasing her, carrying his fav squaky ball in his mouth!

Took her to see our vet, and she weighs 15.8 pounds. She fell asleep on the counter while I paid the bill:lol

Take care everyone....my thoughts are here...:hug:manyheart:hug

Awww. What kind of dog is sparkie? :dog

Wrennie I am enjoying the bird stories!!

:clap I'm glad you & anyone else whose liking them, is!

I did mention that I used to have a wild bird feeding specialty sho right?

Well

One day I walked next door to my friends shop. When I walked bak in mine I heard a rustling back in the seed room. (The shop was 3 rooms, you could walk in the front door and walk a straight line to the 3rd room back.)

Well this rustling kept up and I wondered who was picking up every bag of bird seed, one at a time. So I go back to see if he/she needed help picking a mix. Well....... There were no humans back there, but a rather large long taloned sharp shinned hawk sitting on my back windowsill trying to figure out how to get out!! :eek He looked at me. I looked at him. I looked at his BIG sharp beak and BIG long talons. Hmmmm. I wanted to open the window so he could just fly out. He looked at me looking at him, with those piercing eyes. I tried to think how I could reach over him to unlatch the window without him thinking I was trying to grab him, forcing him to retaliate with those big talons and beak. Then he decided to jump up, fly past me and out the front door!! Now my other business neighbor had come out his door just as the hawk sped out of my door!:eek:think (His door was at a right angle to mine) I'm pretty sure he shrieked like a little girl. That hawk sat in a tree right across the driveway from us watching us, and probably looking for the prey it had originally chased into my shop for a good 10 minutes before flying off.

I did later finally find the house sparrow he had chased in, hiding under a dresser in the far back room. I scooted him out when it was all clear.

TGIF....have a great day, weekend, and mother's day everyone :hug :hug

Here is the 2nd SB tote I made...........

Very nice tote!!

We are having a 'meet the new manager' day at work today. He's picking up donuts, cupcakes and dunkin-coffee on his way in. I'll have to pick up a small carton of milk. No cofee for me. I hope today goes quick! I don't feel like working anymore today and I haven't even left the house yet.:blush

Archived