2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I was worried I would be shooting the moon this week since everyone seemed to be mega-negative last week.... *whew* thanks ladies for savin' my hind end LOL

This week I plan on using yarn, not buying it!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week may be kind of hard to not buy yarn. It's sidewalk sale time in my town. And I'll hit the sidewalk with a plan to stock up!

:manyheart

For Week Ending 7/16/2011

The Winners:

Dusk Nightshade and dragonpuck +21 ~Tied for Gold Medal!

cshort +18 ~ Silver Medal!

kraftynkrazy +12 ~ Bronze Medal!

Crocheting the stash away:

lhassapsolady +10

pineknott +6

Ellie 13 +6

BigPinkPolkaDot +4

greyhoundgrandma +2

MouseCLP +2

Holding Steady:

fc1123 0

PBLKNP 0

New yarn to play with:

TurtleLvr -4

CLLinda -6

cris -18

walker1021 -18

yarn geek -20

FrLopLady -60

Braxxi -63 ~ Shoot the Moon!

:turtle:vheart

Darn that Hobby Lobby. ILTY was on sale for $3.66, so I bought 6, for prayer shawls and then my order came from Lion brand (free shipping) so I'm in the hole already for a -20! Yikes! And the sidewalk sales start on Thursday. It will be a rough week around here!

If we look at it like "She who dies with the most yarn, wins" then yes :rabbit beat :turtle. :rofl

:turtle:vheart

:eekthat isn't the idea behind this CAL??? :think:hook:crocheting

Darn that Hobby Lobby. ILTY was on sale for $3.66, so I bought 6, for prayer shawls and then my order came from Lion brand (free shipping) so I'm in the hole already for a -20! Yikes! And the sidewalk sales start on Thursday. It will be a rough week around here!

oh I'm sooo glad HL is at least 1.5 hours away

Remember - that free shipping is thru the end of July :devil

No time for crocheting this week.:( Had a quiz last night that I had to study for (plus the normal homework). :compute Next week is the final. Plus some personal issues that are going on. My head is spinning circles and all I can see is my yarn floating all around me. :yarn:yarn:yarnJust can't seem to grab it. (sounds like a wierd nightmare!! :rofl)

Darn those sidewalk sales! Went early (8:00 am) before it got too hot. Sale just started. Picked up 11 skeins of yarn for booties and hats. It was $2 for a skein. And when I mentioned what I was buying it for, the lady said if I saw this other yarn that was for $1. So I picked up 4 more skeins. Good thing they are small. I will be using them up fast, but now my score is a -46 for the week! Yikes!:eek:eek:eek

Darn those sidewalk sales! Went early (8:00 am) before it got too hot. Sale just started. Picked up 11 skeins of yarn for booties and hats. It was $2 for a skein. And when I mentioned what I was buying it for, the lady said if I saw this other yarn that was for $1. So I picked up 4 more skeins. Good thing they are small. I will be using them up fast, but now my score is a -46 for the week! Yikes!:eek:eek:eek

That's a lot of warm little heads and tooties :manyheart

I used a ball on 2 more butterflies (+1), I now have 20 to send out. I used up ball on a short scarf (+1). I started a turtle, but I won't use the whole skein (might get 3 out of it). This week I did more weeding in the garden than :crocheting. I got lots of beans and a 4 green peppers. The tomatoes aren't red yet, I've got a lot coming :cheer.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 100

Ellie 13

Archived