2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished the ILTC tote last night, took 5 skeins! :)

:turtle:vheart

Brag Brag Brag

I am working on a bag using a pounder. Yes, a NEVER ENDING pounder.

if you use the pounder for the main color you can get 2 bags out of one... how do I know...

:rofl

Right now I'm at a +5..but did you know that Michaels has a 20% off everything coupon this week?? :D

if you use the pounder for the main color you can get 2 bags out of one... how do I know...

Right now I'm at a +5..but did you know that Michaels has a 20% off everything coupon this week?? :D

I used up a pounder making a SBT and Granny Go Round! :)

Of course that coupon is only good the days I'm working! :angry

and I have a 25$ gift card to there from Mother's Day.... *grin*

Shh..don't tell Sue, but I am working on this tote right now.

I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE YARN...I WILL NOT BUY ANYMORE YARN (of course I refuse to delete my Michaels e-maill with the coupon. Just in case ~ You never know)

I NEED (yes you have that right... just remember NEED) some RHsoft yarn to begin making some scarves for special olympics.

Man wish I didn't have to work today. Self employed but even I have to do some work sometime :rofl

But there should still be time for Michaels :rolleyes

well I made two skeins out of a ball for a grand total of +2 but today bought a skein of yarn -2 so again I break even.

I'm now working on a giant skein of yarn, so it will take a while before I get any points out of that one. It's probably 14 ounces. Yikes. Why the heck did I buy it?

:manyheart

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +12

I've been AWOL quite a while - since last posting on April 21. Mainly because posting zeros week after week gets boring. I'm still at nothing. I could blame it on the "yarden" or this continuing cold weather, but I have to admit that the spirit just hasn't moved me in a long time.

I was reading the many posts that mentioned a stash busting tote. Sue answered a query about it with her link. I jumped on it and bought it right away. Maybe that will get me going.

I have a 60% off (regular priced items) coupon for JoAnn next week. I'm going to buy a package of those expensive safety pin style stitch markers, at least I tell myself that :lol (they had better NOT be on sale).

The part of my stash that resides on my guest bed is all pushed and piled up to one side, as I have my giant suitcase out to pack for a three week trip starting the 21st. Have to get inspired so I'll have something to work on during the flight and airport time. Maybe the tote? Can I smoosh two RHSS skeins into my carry-on along with the snacks, books, camera, binoculars...?

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

I'm now working on a giant skein of yarn, so it will take a while before I get any points out of that one. It's probably 14 ounces. Yikes. Why the heck did I buy it?

:manyheart

Because it was pretty and soft and oh so cuddly???

I've been AWOL quite a while - since last posting on April 21. Mainly because posting zeros week after week gets boring. I'm still at nothing. I could blame it on the "yarden" or this continuing cold weather, but I have to admit that the spirit just hasn't moved me in a long time.

I was reading the many posts that mentioned a stash busting tote. Sue answered a query about it with her link. I jumped on it and bought it right away. Maybe that will get me going.

I have a 60% off (regular priced items) coupon for JoAnn next week. I'm going to buy a package of those expensive safety pin style stitch markers, at least I tell myself that :lol (they had better NOT be on sale).

The part of my stash that resides on my guest bed is all pushed and piled up to one side, as I have my giant suitcase out to pack for a three week trip starting the 21st. Have to get inspired so I'll have something to work on during the flight and airport time. Maybe the tote? Can I smoosh two RHSS skeins into my carry-on along with the snacks, books, camera, binoculars...?

-Marzee

3 week vacation??? Oh, so jealous!!! Hope you get your crochet mojo back with the tote. You'll love how it turns out.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Someone else was in a crochet funk. She started making the tote and is on #3!

Have a great trip!! :)

Doubt if I'll get much yarn time in today. Going to get my oil changed, lunch with a friend, then come home and do some much needed house cleaning.

WTD = +5

I'm really in the hole this week. My DH took my best friend and I to the annual fabric and yarn sale. I managed to get 170 various skeins of yarn and crochet thread there, of which I have used 14. I also got some fabric, odds and ends and pattern books, I'm sure glad they don't count. My grand total is :eekWTD-312

I'm really in the hole this week. My DH took my best friend and I to the annual fabric and yarn sale. I managed to get 170 various skeins of yarn and crochet thread there, of which I have used 14. I also got some fabric, odds and ends and pattern books, I'm sure glad they don't count. My grand total is :eekWTD-312

Holy Moses!!! I am not sure what shocked me the most...170 skeins brought home or 14 skeins used in one week! :eek

Congrats on both accomplishments Wanda!:yarn:yarn

Archived