2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I have no intentions of buying yarn this week. And lots of intention to use some up! :D

...must not buy yarn...must not buy yarn...must not buy yarn...:angel

...must buy yarn...must buy yarn...must buy yarn...:devil

:lol:goodorbad:lol

:sofunny

Somebody else better go buy tons of yarn this week, 'cause I feel a 'shoot the moon' shopping trip coming on. My daughter called me last night and it seems I may be a grandma :grandma by the end of the year! :yay Since she and her hubby are very much into the eco and organic lifestyle, I'll have to go buy something other than acrylic and get started on some baby things. :c9

Note to self: Go dig through the stash first!!!

Congrats Grandma!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did good. Only 8 skeins. Although... it is only Sunday! Bought 4 skeins toward current WIPS, 3 skeins of sock yarn for a WIM, and 1 skein of sock yarn because it was pretty.

My hubby laughed at me. I had the 3 sock yarn skeins in my hands looking at them, then I just slowly let my hands open and the skeins tumbled into the cart. Hey, i can't help it if they bit me to force my hands open!

I did good. Only 8 skeins. Although... it is only Sunday! Bought 4 skeins toward current WIPS, 3 skeins of sock yarn for a WIM, and 1 skein of sock yarn because it was pretty.

My hubby laughed at me. I had the 3 sock yarn skeins in my hands looking at them, then I just slowly let my hands open and the skeins tumbled into the cart. Hey, i can't help it if they bit me to force my hands open!

Wow, that's some aggressive yarn! I've never had any bite me, but it has paralyzed me into gripping it (I swear, I was only petting it), then waited until it was over the shopping cart to relax the paralysis. :devil

I did a quick once-over of the stash, and I can't find any natural fibers in gender-neutral colors, so I guess this grandma-to-be will have to go shopping soon. I know you all can sympathize with being forced into yarn buying. :laughroll

Wow, that's some aggressive yarn! I've never had any bite me, but it has paralyzed me into gripping it (I swear, I was only petting it), then waited until it was over the shopping cart to relax the paralysis. :devil

I did a quick once-over of the stash, and I can't find any natural fibers in gender-neutral colors, so I guess this grandma-to-be will have to go shopping soon. I know you all can sympathize with being forced into yarn buying. :laughroll

yes you have all the sympathy from this group you could ever want.....

NOT!!!

jealousy maybe, but sympathy??? especially if it's for a new grandbaby!! congrats and happy shopping!

my goal is to have a positive weekly score next weekend. *game face*

... unless there is a really good sale!

:rofl

Oh you poor thing! So sorry you have to go shopping! (hahaha) :rofl

Congrats on grandma-hood!

I went shopping at my local Goodwill stores yesterday and found two bags full of very lonely yarn just aching for a home to call its very own. I had no choice. Good morals and all that. I brought it home with me where it could live comfortably around others of its kind until it evolves into a thing of beauty. Truly, it was the right thing to do... :angel

WTD = -27

For some wierd reason, I kinda thought I might get the Shoot the Moon award this week. :devil Forgot to post my YTD score of -299. That's o.k. Greyhoundgrandma can have the YTD STM award :lol

...must not buy yarn...must not buy yarn...must not buy yarn...:angel

...must buy yarn...must buy yarn...must buy yarn...:devil

:lol:goodorbad:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Somebody else better go buy tons of yarn this week, 'cause I feel a 'shoot the moon' shopping trip coming on. My daughter called me last night and it seems I may be a grandma :grandma by the end of the year! :yay Since she and her hubby are very much into the eco and organic lifestyle, I'll have to go buy something other than acrylic and get started on some baby things. :c9

Note to self: Go dig through the stash first!!!

Congratulations!!:yay

I went shopping at my local Goodwill stores yesterday and found two bags full of very lonely yarn just aching for a home to call its very own. I had no choice. Good morals and all that. I brought it home with me where it could live comfortably around others of its kind until it evolves into a thing of beauty. Truly, it was the right thing to do... :angel

WTD = -27

How wonderful of you to adopt a few foster yarn balls and skeins. I bet they can just feel the love :yes:hug:manyheart

my goal is to have a positive weekly score next weekend. *game face*

... unless there is a really good sale!

Whelp, friends... strike that goal LOL I just got 14 skeins of yarn in the mail from my Spring Yarn Swap buddy... which I cannot wait to start using!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer NEW YARN! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I went to Walmart and didn't buy any yarn. It helped that it doesn't look like they've stocked any in weeks. :( I won't be going to Joann's or HL for the next couple weeks. Bike week starts Friday and not going near the road those stores are on. :lol

Another good week here. Week ending 02/26/11:

WTD: +8; YTD: +18

Here are my yarn eaters from last week.

Multipurpose Case: My pattern.

Stylin' Tote Bag: Pattern here. I did edit a bit to fit my needs.

Twisted Tape Measure Cover: My pattern.

post-6661-135897633901_thumb.jpg

Here are my yarn eaters from last week.

Multipurpose Case: My pattern.

Stylin' Tote Bag: Pattern here. I did edit a bit to fit my needs.

Twisted Tape Measure Cover: My pattern.

How pretty!!! These colors are gorgeous! I love them!

Those are great Midds!! :cheer

I'm finishing up an ami (turtle) I'm making for my pet sitter/co-worker. That will give me +4!! :) But I need to hit a different Walmart... :lol

I got 2 skeins put into an afghan for my son and then got distracted with a baby afghan. Now trying to work some on both, plus finish a skein in HAP rectangles.

So little time; so much yarn!

Bought 4 skeins to make myself a shawl to start the week at +8. We'll see how much I can get done before Saturday!

Those are great Midds!! :cheer

I'm finishing up an ami (turtle) I'm making for my pet sitter/co-worker. That will give me +4!! :) But I need to hit a different Walmart... :lol

Do you need a shopping partner?? Oh wait!! I can't go north due to the fire. Drats. Guess you'll have to go shopping alone. :lol

Do you need a shopping partner?? Oh wait!! I can't go north due to the fire. Drats. Guess you'll have to go shopping alone. :lol

I told you, I can get to you by boat! :rofl

I take it everything is okay at your house???

I told you, I can get to you by boat! :rofl

I take it everything is okay at your house???

So far. Hubby stayed home today to keep on eye on the shifting wind. He says it's still very smoky. Sure hope I can get home tonight. I need a good nights sleep.:tired ZZZZZZZZ:sleep

So far. Hubby stayed home today to keep on eye on the shifting wind. He says it's still very smoky. Sure hope I can get home tonight. I need a good nights sleep.:tired ZZZZZZZZ:sleep

Keep me updated! I know we can't get to eachother, but if I can help you know I will! Hmmmm, maybe I should come rescue some of your yarn. :hook

Oh man... big mistake today... :eek I stopped by the JoAnn's by my work after my shift was over. :blush

add another 5 skeins to the 8 I bought on Sunday! At least I used up a lot sunday and monday. :crocheting

2 of the skeins I bought today are for a current WIP.

3 of the skeins I bought today... well... I couldn't resist. They called out so seductively "Touch me, touch me" and, my willpower was low. :devil:bheart:magic I had to touch. And after I touched, I had to pick up and hold, then cuddle, then pet. Then I had to set them down in my cart and stare at them. :drool:yarn:drool:yarn

They mesmerized me. Most expensive 3oz skeins I've bought (to date). Never knew bamboo was so soft! Yeah it's a blend but OH MY! Now... what to do with them! I'm thinking, scarf or something for ME!

Archived