2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

SHE LIES!! SHE LIES!! IT IS ALL HER FAULT!!! :rofl :rofl

Let's see....First, Sue decides I need 19 skiens of yarn thrown into the cart. I really only needed 12 for the flannelghan for my son. Oh, well,um, I did need another 4 to make a shawl. That makes 16. Wait, then there was the 3 needed for a baby afghan for a friend's 1st grandchild. Ok. I lied. I DID need all 19 skeins.

At lunch, we went thru lots of aghan books that I brought with me. (She said she wanted to see them.) Wow!! There's that baby afghan I've been wanting to make!!! Back to Micaheals we go after stuffing our faces at Red Robin.

Five more skeins later, we walk out the door, hop in our cars and head over to Cold Stone where she treats me to a chocolate/peanut butter/peanut butter cup concoction. YUMM! There goes all the Zumba I did last week and the week before.

Sue really is the bestest shopping partner/friend EVER!!! :manyheart

See, when logic sets in it wasn't my fault. :) As for the 7 skeins I bought with no need or intention of using on anything in particular...that was Michael's fault for putting them on clearance! :lol

Nope, Jana's the bestest shopping partner/friend ever!! She bought lunch! :manyheart

Jana and Sue it sounds like you guys had altogether WAY to much fun! Sounds like a great day! :D

We always have WAY too much fun! :)

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just getting my score posted. I know that it is my turn to post scores later today. However, I have run into a bit of a problem. My dad was taken back to the hospital yesterday after being home for just 24 hours. I will need to spend my day with him and don't have computer access, no lap top, at the hospital. I may be very late getting home this evening. Plus all that is going on with mom, she needs 24 hour care right now also. If there is someone who can pick this up for me this afternoon I would greatly appreciate it and when everything settles down in a few weeks, I will be glad to step in for someone else. If the scores are not posted by the time I get home tonight. I will take the time to do them. Just don't know what time that will be. Thanks. Diane.

WTD +6

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.:hug

:hug

Just getting my score posted. I know that it is my turn to post scores later today. However, I have run into a bit of a problem. My dad was taken back to the hospital yesterday after being home for just 24 hours. I will need to spend my day with him and don't have computer access, no lap top, at the hospital. I may be very late getting home this evening. Plus all that is going on with mom, she needs 24 hour care right now also. If there is someone who can pick this up for me this afternoon I would greatly appreciate it and when everything settles down in a few weeks, I will be glad to step in for someone else. If the scores are not posted by the time I get home tonight. I will take the time to do them. Just don't know what time that will be. Thanks. Diane.

WTD +6

Praying for you and your family.

I love all these tails about enabling and yarn leaping into carts...I relate to it all! :lol

I'm hoping to make some more headway this week. We have a storm going on right now, so I can't get out to Michaels' 20% off sale today. :lol

Let's see ~ 24 skeins came home with me from Michael's yesterday ~ 6 more skeins are heading to my doorstep and should arrive by Wed. With a total like this, I was pretty sure I'ld be in the running for the grand prize this week. :hook

Now I know for sure that I'll probably earn the title. See, my boss just walked in my office with a huge, plastic zippered bag and asked if I could use the contents. Yes, you guessed right. It is full of yarn!!!:eek I am not even going to guess how much, but it is full of what looks like old acrylic.

Guess what I'll be doing later on tonight. I'll be trying to figure out where to put all this new stash. :rofl

Diane~ I'm glad to hear that your Dad is improving. I'm praying for you and your family.

Sue and Jana~your shopping trip sounds like so much fun! Thankfully, you eased my mind about the order from Herrschners that should be arriving soon.:D Enjoy your yarn!:crocheting

I love all these tails about enabling and yarn leaping into carts...I relate to it all! :lol

I'm hoping to make some more headway this week. We have a storm going on right now, so I can't get out to Michaels' 20% off sale today. :lol

Another snow storm? YIKES!! You guys are getting hammered this year. But is sure does give you a great excuse to stay home and crochet.

Thank you everyone. Dad was doing better yesterday. When I got up there he was sitting up and eating.

I am sooooo glad to hear this. Having recently gone through a pretty bad scare with my mom, I can completely relate to how hard it is to see your parent so sick. :hug

See, my boss just walked in my office with a huge, plastic zippered bag and asked if I could use the contents. Yes, you guessed right. It is full of yarn!!!:eek I am not even going to guess how much, but it is full of what looks like old acrylic.

Guess what I'll be doing later on tonight. I'll be trying to figure out where to put all this new stash. :rofl

I'm soooooo jealous!!! :blush

Another snow storm? YIKES!! You guys are getting hammered this year. But is sure does give you a great excuse to stay home and crochet.

Thankfully, it turned out to be not too bad. Now my brain is working overtime: "You can still make it to Michaels...you can still make it to Michaels...you can still make it to Michaels..."

Doing my best to resist... :lol:devil

Thank you everyone. Dad was doing better yesterday. When I got up there he was sitting up and eating.

Great news Diane! :hug

I may just have to join this CAL to keep Jana in line and truthful! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Week ending 02/19/11:

WTD: +7 / YTD: +10

Just wanted to share with you what my stash was used on last week:

Sunflower Bag is to finish the set from last week. The 2 pink/black pics are from the new set started but finished last week.

Pattern Links:

Sunflower Bag - I used a sunflower instead of rose.

Stitch Marker Case - From 2007 Pattern A Day Calendar

Hook Caddy

post-6661-135897630902_thumb.jpg

post-6661-135897630907_thumb.jpg

post-6661-135897630911_thumb.jpg

:whewThe snowstorm has finally moved on! Driving home from work in a white out is not on my list of fun things to do.

We got 17" yesterday :2snow topped off with a measely 3" today... The last time we got walloped with this much snow at once, well, the Metrodome roof collapsed.:lol We're already at 74.5" for season and still have to get through March!:2eek It may not be impressive to some, but it's above average for us- so far this is the 11th snowiest winter on record (98.5") for the Twin Cities.

Bought 4 skeins today, so I'm starting out the week with a -8. Must be good for the rest of the week... must be good for the rest of the week.... :devil

dilyca- so glad to hear that your dad's doing better!

my dog chewed up my yarn basket :( He's been mad at me and has decided to begin destroying everything I own *sigh* He didn't get into the yarn but my awesome basket for yarn is no longer aweseme.... it's rag-tag.

I still added 4 skeins of yarn and 2 spools of cotton to it .... will have to work hard to get my number in the positive.

my dog chewed up my yarn basket :( He's been mad at me and has decided to begin destroying everything I own *sigh* He didn't get into the yarn but my awesome basket for yarn is no longer aweseme.... it's rag-tag.

I still added 4 skeins of yarn and 2 spools of cotton to it .... will have to work hard to get my number in the positive.

Uh Oh, what did you do to your poor puppy to make him so mad at you? They can be tempermental at times. Our old dog chewed up our carpet because we left him alone during the day.

Uh Oh, what did you do to your poor puppy to make him so mad at you? They can be tempermental at times. Our old dog chewed up our carpet because we left him alone during the day.

Truly, I don't know what I did to him. I'm his favorite human so... who knows. I have not been the one to take him out the last week or so, but I still try to get walk time in and love time... well, until the basket. He's in the dog house (pardon the pun - I couldn't resist).

Working 7 days a week = confused on what day it is lol. I was sitting here going "I should figure out how much stash I've busted this week so I can get ready to post. Wait, I really haven't crocheted much in a few days. Wait, it's only Tuesday??" /sigh

I crocheted about a row and a half this morning on my scrappy ripple waiting for my shift to start, but I think that's about all I've done in almost a week!

Running low on scrap balls though... need to work on some other projects so I build up more scraps! :crocheting:hook

I think I need an intervention! My first Joann order can in today--23 skeins.

Then I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon. I shouldn't have even gone down the yarn aisle. Ended up getting a bunch of cotton and some Vanna's Choice 6 oz skeins that have been marked down for a while--16 skeins total.

My second Joann order is supposed to be here Thursday.

I've used 4 skeins in a shawl and down to a ball on a skein of cotton in a dishcloth, but it's going to take a lot more crocheting than that!

Archived