2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's "plarn"? :think

Plarn is "plastic yarn" - you cut up shopping bags and "up-cycle" them into things. Currently, I'm making pot scrubbies and will be posting my pattern on my blog (probably later today).... I may do a tutorial on how to make plarn - but not sure. There are a LOT out there.

It's fun and nice to have some purpose for all the extra bags.

EDIT - I'm actually putting the video on YouTube on how to make plarn but I'm going to share it on my blog too - in case anyone is interested :)

Yes, it is. Ocean Sunset Ombre "Mulberry". The photo doesn't really do the colors justice. I'm really pleased with how it came out.

I got that afghan kit for Christmas in that same color, but have too many WIP's to work on it now. Thanks for showing me how lovely it is finished.

Silver!!! woohoo!!! Unfortunately I am starting off the week in the negatives (was given 8 balls of yarn for charity afghans) I have studying to do this week for a quiz on Wednesday...so I guess we shall see how I do this week.

I'm going to hit a negative for the week after tomorrow... Michael's has a good sale going on for the yarn I need to finish stepdad's ghan. Plus...one of my fav yarns is on a real good sale! So, shopping I shall go! (I am at a positive number as of last night...but no crocheting tonight so... we'll see)

I'm going to hit a negative for the week after tomorrow... Michael's has a good sale going on for the yarn I need to finish stepdad's ghan. Plus...one of my fav yarns is on a real good sale! So, shopping I shall go! (I am at a positive number as of last night...but no crocheting tonight so... we'll see)

It's ok to buy when it's on sale. Enjoy!

:manyheart

I might be shooting myself a moon this week. A box of balls is headed my way. Over 6 lbs of yarn! :eek Is it ok if I do my shoot posting in the early morning sunday? (if I do get it)I don't usually come on saturday evening.

I might be shooting myself a moon this week. A box of balls is headed my way. Over 6 lbs of yarn! :eek Is it ok if I do my shoot posting in the early morning sunday? (if I do get it)I don't usually come on saturday evening.

Sure...if I post scores before you post yours, I'll just add you to the list later on.

6 pounds?? Yikes. Where are you going to store all that new stash?

greyhoundgrandma: That is a truly beautiful round ripple!!! I love the colors.

cris: I have always wanted to try working with plarn. Maybe one of these days I will get around to it. I will have to check out your tutorial when you get it done.

Wrennie: 6 lbs of yarn???? Lucky you!!! If you need some more storage space for it, I would be more than happy to help you out... :lol:devil

cris: I have always wanted to try working with plarn. Maybe one of these days I will get around to it. I will have to check out your tutorial when you get it done.

I only recently really got into using plarn - it's actually kinda nice once you get used to it. I put the video tutorial on how to make plarn on my blog today (it's a youtube video) and then I have an easy pot scrubbie pattern that I use going up today.

weeeellll there was this yarn I saw at Joann's and it just happens to be on sale.... so I'm -14 so far this week. It was the bernat baby blanket yarn. It's a 6 yarn and it's like a really really thick chenille. At least it should crochet up pretty fast. Have a 9 point star of crochet dad's that I'm working on. Hard stuff to work with really as it doesn't slide easily and to keep the holes small I'm using a K hook :eek . Bernat also has another baby yarn but I left it in the truck..but skeins of both have put me in the hole for sure this week. Don't know how much I get to crochet yet this week as it hasn't started out real well :D

My Herrschner's order arrived today. 15 skeins of Bernat Baby. So I guess I'm starting off the week with -30! :ohdear

Though I did just use up one skein on the blanket I'm currently working on. Hopefully I can get a lot of crocheting done this week!

hmmm from these posts maybe I should go shopping LOL I do have to go pick up books tonight .... and there is a JoAnns between here and campus...........

Oh what the heck...GO FOR IT!!! :rofl

I have yarn shopping plans :shop with TurtleLvr :turtle (Sue) this Saturday. She always helps my score go negative. Yup :yes, it's all her fault. If it wasn't for her, my score would always be in the positive. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :devil

I have yarn shopping plans :shop with TurtleLvr :turtle (Sue) this Saturday. She always helps my score go negative. Yup :yes, it's all her fault. If it wasn't for her, my score would always be in the positive. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :devil

AH HA! Now *that* is strategy - blame someone else!!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:drool:rofl:rofl:rofl

uh... anyone here from Springfield, IL?

AH HA! Now *that* is strategy - blame someone else!!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:drool:rofl:rofl:rofl

uh... anyone here from Springfield, IL?

You are a brave soul for asking that question :lol

WOW with all this shopping going on I may actually do well this week!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm on my way to completing one skein and possibly another. I can't wait to see how I do. I've been steadfast about not buying yarn. In fact, Sunday there was even a Joann's add in the paper with two 50% off coupons. I tossed the ad thus avoiding the temptation to use them. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Besides, I have more than enough to deal with for the three afghans I'm currently working on for the moment. Especially since the three afghans are currently taking up two plastic totes and a craft bag. :D

Anywho, I need to go so that I can work on squares for afghans. Talk more later.

I was so good yesterday. Had to get some needles at HL, and that's all I bought.

But it's so hard being good.

:manyheart

Archived