2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made 5 squares for the Share A Square charity. Used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. Should use more :yarn before Sat. The library closes at 5PM Wed. and won't open again until Fri. I'll try to get here on Sat.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 174

Ellie 13

:pilgrim Happy Thanks Giving everyone! Don't eat too much :ttalk.

I am making some caps using Dot Matthews Ugly But Warm cap pattern. I am using RHSS (7oz.) skeins. There is a chance that by weekend I may be able to roll a couple of balls. Don't know. Arm, hand, and fingers wrapped again today but can remove tomorrow morning. Hard to crochet when wrapped. Was measured today for lymphedema sleeve and glove. The glove does not have fingers so will be able to crochet. Currently my fingers are wrapped with cloth bandage which does not let yarn slide over it easily. Will have to wear sleeve and glove daily for rest of my life.

Linda sorry to hear about your son's and his friend's car accident. Glad they are okay.

18 dishcloths later the cone is finished! I had to make the last one a little smaller and trim it in white. I'll keep it, so at least one will be mine. I'm giving some to the girls of the family on Thanksgiving and some as Christmas happies.

But that gives me a +7 for the week already! I'm sure I will blow that though too :rofl

ok bought 2 for a wip, but finished up a skein on a scarf..so mad at myself though as I forgot to take a picture of it..it was the scrumptious scraps afghan pattern, but made as a scarf. It matches this hat RH Boutique Treasure yarn..yummy yarn!

so I'm at +5..wow still in the positive! :cheer:cheer:lol

post-35596-135897713002_thumb.jpg

I am making some caps using Dot Matthews Ugly But Warm cap pattern. I am using RHSS (7oz.) skeins. There is a chance that by weekend I may be able to roll a couple of balls. Don't know. Arm, hand, and fingers wrapped again today but can remove tomorrow morning. Hard to crochet when wrapped. Was measured today for lymphedema sleeve and glove. The glove does not have fingers so will be able to crochet. Currently my fingers are wrapped with cloth bandage which does not let yarn slide over it easily. Will have to wear sleeve and glove daily for rest of my life.

Linda sorry to hear about your son's and his friend's car accident. Glad they are okay.

I'm sorry you're going to have to wear the sleeve and glove forever. I'm sure you'll have some adjustments to make in your life. But how wonderful that you'll be able to crochet! Sometimes that hook and yarn just helps ya keep goin'! Blessings, Kathy. You take care.

I suppose it doesn't count if I use up fabric?? :lol

:turtle:vheart

Nice try, TurtleLvr/Sue. But we are talking about using up yarn.:yarn

BigPinkPolkaDot/Tammy, you are right. There are times when wielding that hook and yarn can keep us going.:crocheting

I got off work early today :cheer. So I'm at my parents now and will stay over night. I finished another square on the bus/subway trip and used a ball (+1). Six inch squares work up fast, so I'll be able to used more by Sat.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 175

Ellie 13

I used part of skein today on some Christmas kitchen sets so I was up to +11. But then I went to Joann's, coupons expired today and I just couldn't let them go to waste...I came home with 6 skeins so now I am at -1.

I used part of skein today on some Christmas kitchen sets so I was up to +11. But then I went to Joann's, coupons expired today and I just couldn't let them go to waste...I came home with 6 skeins so now I am at -1.

You had to use those coupons. We can't let them go to waste!

:manyheart

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

It's been rather a hard year on the family so far, but there's still much to be thankful for. And there are many others in much worse circumstances.

We'll be eating lunch with my father and stepmother. The older son and DIL are coming. Younger son lives too far away. So a small crowd this year.

Thankful for family, good friends, home, health, and so much more!

Now off to make dressing and fry that last turkey!

My computer is kinda sick. Scores might not be posted until Sunday afternoon, when the library opens. Just a fair warning.

I almost lost a project to my Bil's dog. I had put my project bag in the hallway and went to the bathroom. All of a sudden, my husband is yelling my name and saying something about the dog. He had grabbed the top skein and was getting himself tangled up in the yarn. He's a goofy dog, that's for sure.

silly dog!!

I made a scarf yesterday..lovely pattern, not such a great yarn choice. But it left me with 2 balls but that means I used 2 balls worth as well!

So -9.... and I even went to Joanns today and did not buy a thing..of course the line to check out was a mile long :lol

Since my hubby did most of the cooking for Thanksgiving(I baked the ham. He baked the pecan pie, sweet potatoes, and cooked the green beans and corn.) I have been crocheting a lot. I am on my fifth Dot Matthews ugly but warm hat. I was able to roll a ball each from 2 skeins I was using on the hats. One of the balls I have now used up completely. Well except for a little piece of yarn that was between 12-18 inches. My question is, "Can I count that skein as completely used even though I have a small piece left?" I took that small piece and began a granny square but only had enough to make the starting circle and one set of 3 dc stitches. I had to add another odd piece of yarn (It was several feet long.) that I had left from another skein of yarn I used up before joining this CAL. There was enough of this yarn to complete the first round of the granny square and make 3 sets of 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc before running out of yarn. If I can count that one skein as completely used then should my score be this, +3 (+2 for the one skein used completely and +1 for the partial used skein.). Which would then make my score for this week:

WTD +3 YTD -17

If I am wrong, please correct it. Then explain to me what I did wrong.

I finished the Summer Mist Throw using the 4 Caron One Pounds, but have a lot of each skein left. One skein in this week and one cone out...

WTD 0 / YTD -553

I think it would take a miracle to get back below -500 for the year. Maybe I should just aim for a round -600!!

Off to look for enough yarn in a good color for an afghan for a friend for Christmas.

Since my hubby did most of the cooking for Thanksgiving(I baked the ham. He baked the pecan pie, sweet potatoes, and cooked the green beans and corn.) I have been crocheting a lot. I am on my fifth Dot Matthews ugly but warm hat. I was able to roll a ball each from 2 skeins I was using on the hats. One of the balls I have now used up completely. Well except for a little piece of yarn that was between 12-18 inches. My question is, "Can I count that skein as completely used even though I have a small piece left?" I took that small piece and began a granny square but only had enough to make the starting circle and one set of 3 dc stitches. I had to add another odd piece of yarn (It was several feet long.) that I had left from another skein of yarn I used up before joining this CAL. There was enough of this yarn to complete the first round of the granny square and make 3 sets of 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc before running out of yarn.

Sounds like you used up that little piece anyway! If I have a small piece I often just throw it out. If the skein is gone somehow....it counts!

I finished the Summer Mist Throw using the 4 Caron One Pounds, but have a lot of each skein left. One skein in this week and one cone out...

WTD 0 / YTD -553

I think it would take a miracle to get back below -500 for the year. Maybe I should just aim for a round -600!!

:lol:rofl:think:think:eek I resemble that remark! :hook:hook:hug:crocheting

BUT I did use up another 3 balls last night. Will have to get the picture proof of the scrap 'ghan I'm working on and the ugly warm hats I've made :lol

Here is a scarf I winged using up 2 of those balls..it's glamour yarn. I think it turned out ok, though not as long as I would have liked. Might make a nice accent piece for someone with the glitter!

post-35596-135897713774_thumb.jpg

Used up one more skein this week, but... two yarn stores near my daughter's home (where I'm spoiling a new grandson) netted 5 new skeins.

WTD -8

YTD +20

I :crocheting some at my parents Wed. night. Sis and BIL came so we sat around and talked (Mom :knit, I :crocheting). I got 2 squares done and used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. Dad and I made some business cards on his computer for me to send with the squares (Share A Square attaches them to the squares). I said I liked the :yarn mom was using and she offered me some balls, but I said no. Mom said she would give me a piece of pumpkin cheese cake to go. I made 2 more squares on the trip home. I used another ball (+1) :clap. When I got home, I went to get the cheese cake out of my bag I found 2 pieces of cheese cake :manyheart. She also put in 3 balls and 2 partial skeins of :yarn (-5) :eek. Oh well, at least I'm still in the positives :).

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 177

Ellie 13

Archived