2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

JoAnn has 30% off all yarn (Web only) and free shipping on orders $40+.

One of my friends emailed me this information and I took full advantage:blush. Next week i may end up on the moon when that arrives. I also took advantage of 30% of all crochet and knit notions to pick up some hooks/needles/goodies I've been in need of :tup

This week is absolutely not about stashbusting! Mid week update:

Used 3 balls of yarn in scrap rug/stashghan: +3

11 cones of partially used yarn for knitting machines

(mostly cotton, some acrylic blend) from a friend: -22

16 skeins of wool and wool/acrylic blend from garage sale: -32

Today's total: -51 :elle I may end up on the moon before the JoAnn's yarn arrives.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's total: -51 :elle I may end up on the moon before the JoAnn's yarn arrives.

The moon is all your's! :lol I haven't crocheted (or shopped) this week. I've been reading instead, but I sent out my swap package...13 skeins sent out! +26

:turtle:vheart

I finally finished the sweetheart ripple afghan that I've been working on forever--even got the ends woven in! Didn't finish any more skeins, but there should be enough of the yarn to make a SBT to match. On to more fun things now!

I've done well this week! Made some baby hats and used up a skein and a ball. Made some green hats for the mission using up a skein. Made another hat and used up another ball. So I'm +6 for the week...but.... there is this shop called Yorkshire Yarn and it just may well be in my path tomorrow... :rofl Will have to see if it fits into the schedule. If it does it won't help my score any!

I finished up 8 balls of yarn this week making granny squares, dishcloths, and a baby hat. I am going out of town in the morning so I will end my week right now as I doubt I will have internet access until next Wednesday.

My score is

WTD +8

YTD -25

I finally finished the sweetheart ripple afghan that I've been working on forever--even got the ends woven in! Didn't finish any more skeins, but there should be enough of the yarn to make a SBT to match. On to more fun things now!

OH! I've been wanting to make that! Did you post it in Show and Tell? Going to go see now!

OH! I've been wanting to make that! Did you post it in Show and Tell? Going to go see now!

I did take a picture, but haven't had a chance to post it yet. I like the pattern except that for me, sc just goes SO slowly.

I did take a picture, but haven't had a chance to post it yet. I like the pattern except that for me, sc just goes SO slowly.

Oh, I didn't even look at the pattern. SC huh? It putters along. I started on last week that's double strands held together, a P hook and triple crochet. That one should go quick! :lol

Oh, I didn't even look at the pattern. SC huh? It putters along. I started on last week that's double strands held together, a P hook and triple crochet. That one should go quick! :lol

It's all sc except every fourth row has triple crochets mixed in to make the heart pattern. I really like the end results, but was SO glad to finish it!

Posting Early. Should be a hectic day. Daughter leaving for college on Sunday.

:manyheart

WTD=+6 YTD=-24

Don't forget to put your Year to date scores (YTD) up with your WTD's. I'll be posting the scores for YTD's sometime on Sunday.

:manyheart

Yup Yorkshire yarns...thought I was doing pretty good..didn't over buy to much. But I did whine that they didn't have the wonderful variety of Kertzer marble yarns like they did the last time I was there..so they HAD to tell me about the other shop a mile or so away.... :eek:eek:eek:eek

:cheer:cheer:cheer I even took pictures for y'all to see!

Took a closer up of the ball in the lower left... I can't wait to find something to use that one for! It was quite unique looking.

That fuzzy stuff in the first pic? That is over 400 yards of a really cool fuzzy yarn :lol It's got strands of all kinds of fuzzy and sparklie stuff. I can't wait to try that one on..well..something!

Now to my score... not as bad as it could have been because I used up 6 points worth of yarn playing with making hats this week.

WTD -28, YTD -345

post-35596-135897691995_thumb.jpg

post-35596-1358976920_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897692004_thumb.jpg

WTD: +26, YTD: -138

I work tomorrow, so WTD scores will be posted when I get home. :)

Yup Yorkshire yarns...thought I was doing pretty good..didn't over buy to much. But I did whine that they didn't have the wonderful variety of Kertzer marble yarns like they did the last time I was there..so they HAD to tell me about the other shop a mile or so away.... :eek:eek:eek:eek

:cheer:cheer:cheer I even took pictures for y'all to see!

Took a closer up of the ball in the lower left... I can't wait to find something to use that one for! It was quite unique looking.

That fuzzy stuff in the first pic? That is over 400 yards of a really cool fuzzy yarn :lol It's got strands of all kinds of fuzzy and sparklie stuff. I can't wait to try that one on..well..something!

Now to my score... not as bad as it could have been because I used up 6 points worth of yarn playing with making hats this week.

WTD -28, YTD -345

I love the one in the bottom left pic, the hank on the left...With no LYS' in my area anymore IDK when I'll get a fun trip again like you did.

Bought 9 skeins on sale at Wal-Mart; only used one.

WTD -16 / YTD -548

I wish I could say I won't buy anything next week, but when I checked out, the Wal-Mart yarn was less even than listed on the shelf. So I know if I get back next week, I'll get some more! You can't have too much cotton yarn!!

I wanted to make some afghans, but all I had was odd and end skeins, maybe 1 or 2 of a color, so I got rid of 70 skeins, to make room for new skeins. I got 58 skeins, enough to make 4 afghans. So I still wound up on the positive for the week. WTD+24

I only used up one more ball since previous post...working scrapghan. Tons of projects worked on this week...just no finished skeins/balls.

Gift of yarn and garage sale yarn mentioned earlier this week left me at -51, so using up this ball leaves me with:

WTD: -50

YTD: -50

Archived