Cabled vines scarf

hhensler

Here's something I whipped up yesterday...it's kind of difficult to see the details in the picture...the vines/leaves/berries are all cabled. I am still trying to decide if it needs a border, or if I should just leave it alone - I am considering a thin cable down each side to help frame it - what do you all think?

post-15073-135897584732_thumb.jpg

ETA: This scarf is now available for sale in my Etsy shop.

I would also like to have the pattern. I wouldn't change the scarf you made, but you might want to make another one and do the cable edge you are thinking about. I bet it would be just as pretty as this one.

Already did ;)...it looks nice both ways - I think when I write up the pattern, I will include both options (with or without cable border).

Oh my that's stunning... beautiful work... was it hard to do the vines, etc? I would love to try the patterns also... I like it just the way it is... your eyes go right to the vines & berry part . I think a border would take away from the center... GBU!:):)

your scarf is beautiful! it is so elegant looking. may i ask what yarn you used? i am always so impressed when folks share their own designs. i hope you will please share the pattern with us.

The yarn is tilli tomas - I forget the exact name of the yarn because I removed the tags when I bought it, and I've had it quite a while, but it's a dk weight spun silk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived