Ideas needed for Christmas

Our daughter just got married this summer.. Have 3 new grandchildren. Need some ideas what to make for the girls. Ages 14 and 13. Made Quillows and shrugs for birthdays. Want to crochet something. The boys want hats and scarves in camouflage yarn. The boys are so easy. The girls all I get is "What ever."

Let's see..13 and 14 year old girls..what about

make up cases?

mini fleuri bags?

Ditty bag?

ponchos?

chokers?

One of Dot's hats with matching scarf?

A crocheted basket with bath products and crocheted cloths?

Just my ideas anyway, lol

Donna

Wovenspun's Alphabet Pillows either with their names spelled out (if not too long) or just their initials or first initial. I tested the M for Kimberly and edged mine in fun fur. Turned out really cute.

How about a simple tank top? Or lets see... belt, barefoot sandals, skully, messenger bag. The list is endless, but I guess it depends on what style they dress, ya know? Hey how about those fun fur flip flops as a little bonus?I've got a 13 yr old and a 12 yr old, both girls. And they ask for skullies, and bags often. One wants a shrug too. And one wants a mini...

Hope this helps! :)

It looks like "duster lenght" crocheted jackets are going to be in this year, along with the tie in the front shrugs. At that age, they could probally pull of the tie in the front shrugs (is that what they are called??) without their fathers wanting to lock them up :) Cute scarves, in long lenthgs, the mary kate shawl.....even a lapghan in their school colors to take to football games or something like that would probally work.

I made my 13 1/2-year-old niece a fun fur scarf (raspberry and white) and I'm going to make her a bunch of scrunchies, maybe a hat to match a scarf I made for her birthday earlier this year. And I made a cotton backpack for her that she's actually used, so it can't be too uncool. :P Aunty Patty

• 1 month later...

I just spotted your thread and felt I just HAD to put in my 2 cents. In my neck of the woods, girls ages 5 - 25 are loving those "cap style" crocheted hats. I have a bunch of those (with matching scarves) planned as Christmas gifts for family members. I really think you can't go wrong with these, since they seem to be wildly popular this year.

I don't know if you are still looking for ideas, but here is my 2 cents.

I have a 13 year old niece who in the stage between tomboy and absolutely fru-fru girlie. These are things that she has REALLY liked....

Everything she likes is made out of fun fur or "fancy" yarn such as Mode Dea's vixen or Caron's new soft furry line. She has asked for and loved Scarves, capelets, shrugs, wraps, purses, hair things, and fuzzy "lapghans" that she can take places with her like football games. She wants everything in her school colors (she's a cheerleader and basketball player), or pastel blue or bright orange!!

Don't know if that is of any help, but it's all I have to offer!

I have a 12 yr old and 9 yr old girl. One is semi fu-fu the other is a tom boy. Right now they like those skullcaps, and scrunchies. also the boho sling purses are really big now. capes, shrugs, not so much ponchos. pillows, lapghans for ballgames. scarves, belts.etc. hope that helps. it got my mind thinking...:think also colors of lime green, orange, turquoise are really popular too!

Archived