Let's Make Some Gifts CAL!

Alnee

I think I can speak for us all when I say you do such nice work Ratdog! You

are crocheting circles around lots of us!

How is everyone doing???? I know that I am not going to get done a lot of my projects that I need to get done before Christmas. I started radiation again yesterday and if this time around is anything like last I will spend more time sick and sleeping than anything. We have an hour plus drive each way though so I will be able to get a good number of the "on the go" projects done but afghans, etc are so hard to work on in the car when they get to a decent size. I guess I need sit down and really figure out what I am going to try to get done and start working on it!

I have fallen in love with making these quick and easy scarves up... I am doing them for teacher gifts for my sister's kids and gifts for some friends. They dont take any time and I have gotten the yarn at a good price so at least I feel like I accomplish something!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like everyone is making good progress on their gifts. I finished one of my projects tonight--a toddler hoodie for my niece. I also finished my placemats and toaster cover a couple weeks ago. I just have to weave in the ends. I'm a little behind on my schedule but I'm hoping to resolve that this weekend by doing some other craft gifts (not crochet). I posted pics of the hoodie in the show and tell thread. Constructive criticism is always welcome. :)

My List:

4 Dresses (3/4 completed)

1 Child Vest

1 Child Jacket (completed)

1 Adult Vest

Placemats/Toaster Cover set (5/5 completed)

1 Scarf/Hat

1 Doggy Sweater

Maybe:

Boy's Messenger Bag

2 Boy's Vests

Boy's Mario Plushie

Thanks to Nema517 for your words of encouragement. It was very sweet of you to mention what comes from the heart.

I was gone last week because my great aunt did pass away and it was the same day my mother's step father passed away. I am back now and with a ton of progress on my giant granny afghan. I no longer am going to do an ami cow, but there is a special younger cousin of mine who loves Snoopy so I think I'll do that instead. Then I just have the pugs and the afghan. Measured the afghan and it is now 3 1/2 ft. x 3 1/2 ft. Now I just have to get back into the groove of things here on the 'ville. Can't wait to see more projects as they get finished!

Nox - Sorry to hear about your loss and I will have you and your family in my prayers :hug :hug :hug

I've also been MIA for a bit, but just busy and having internet issues :( I've been working on my orange ripple for my oldest nephew, which is now about 2/3 complete (minus the border, I always forget to factor that in :lol ) And closing down on my spiral ghan for the youngest :D I'm going to try to do another 2 rounds tonight then measure. The rounds are BIG now so much more slow going :lol But last measured at about 44 inches :yes I just want to go bigger because I don't want him to outgrow it :no Then over the weekend I'll get the third started for the middle nephew and it's going to be a round ripple (my first :eek ) I got to have them in the mail in about 3 weeks :eek Then I can focus on my sisters graph ghan, which might not get done in time, but that's ok....it's the kids that I'm worried about having done and they have to get mailed across country and be there by xmas!!!

Catch y'all a little later :hug

Ugh! I was working on a little gift for a friend and the thread I was using got all tangled! I spent an hour and a half untangling it.

I now have three small balls rather than one ball and i may need to go to the craft store and replace the whole thing.

It is a small project and the three small balls may end up being ok.....'

Stay Tuned!

This is a blanket that I started just to use up some yarn that I had laying around. My 16 year old son asked who it was for and I told him anybodys. Well he ask for it so I had some black so I am now going to finish it with boy colors. I had started it with purple verigated and now I'm using black. Does anyone have any suggestions on what colors now.

post-32526-135897601276_thumb.jpg

I started another project this weekend. It is another intermediate pattern and the stitch is slowing me down a little bit. :) I'm also working on some other craft gifts as well. If all goes as planned I will have seven gifts finished by the end of the week! Woot!

Hey everyone,

I got 2 of my 3 nephews afghans finished :clap Now I have the 3rd started which is a round ripple :yes I'll post pics of the other 2 later tonight when I get back from work. As of right now I'm running late and need to motor ;)

Somebody give me a kick in the pants!

I have to make 2 katamari! They should not take very long once I get myself moving!

*kick* :P

I've been sick all week, so I haven't been very focused either.

I'd like to join in. I've got some scarves to make - one for my mom, one for my step-gran, two for my nieces (or I might make then purses). My mom's is started, it's knit. I'll probably use Tunisian crochet for the others, it goes so much faster. Right now I'm learning how to warp my rigid heddle loom (for a scarf) and if that goes well I can use it as one of my gifts.

Welcome to the CAL Tia!

Thanks! :hug

I just finished warping my loom and weaving on a bit of waste yarn. Now I'm going to start weaving...it's so exciting! I'll share pics when I get enough woven to show.

Somebody give me a kick in the pants!

I have to make 2 katamari! They should not take very long once I get myself moving!

:kick :kick :kick

I'd like to join in. I've got some scarves to make - one for my mom, one for my step-gran, two for my nieces (or I might make then purses). My mom's is started, it's knit. I'll probably use Tunisian crochet for the others, it goes so much faster. Right now I'm learning how to warp my rigid heddle loom (for a scarf) and if that goes well I can use it as one of my gifts.

:welcome Tia

Archived