Let's Make Some Gifts CAL!

Alnee

To Do List -

3 large felted spa baskets

5 swiffer covers (3 acrylic and 2 cotton)

9 7 dish cloths ( 2 done -woohoo!)

4 potholders

Prayer shawl for cousin - Homespun....ugh

Prayer shawl for SIL

Grocery tote

Dishcloth bouquet for Aunt

If I get this far....I'll be doing good.

:yes where did you find the dishcloth bouquet idea? That sounds so neat.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm one mitten away from having my 2 kids sets finished to mail out :clap

I worked a bit on my spiral ghan and am getting ready to add in the next 2 skeins of yarn and I'm up to 10 rows on my graph ghan.

I need to kick my butt into gear :lol

Sprial ghan? I think I may have missed that one :) Is there a link that shows that the finished product will look like? It sounds very interesting!!

I am waiting impatiently for the UPS man to bring me my box from Herrschners. I love how they put the weight of the shipment on the box... I think it was almost 10lbs... so I may have gone a little overboard on this order... ooops!

Can I join this CAL? I've never done one before and this one sounds perfect. I have a lot of projects I want to try to get finished by Christmas. I have two projects finished already. I know I will probably not get all of these completed, but I can try! :)

My List:

8 Dresses for nieces (2/8 completed)

3 Adult Sweaters

1 Child Sweater

1 Vest

Placemats/Toaster Cover

3 Shawls

1 Scarf/Hat

Maybe:

Boy's Messenger Bag

2 Boy's Vest

Boy's Mario Plushie

Sprial ghan? I think I may have missed that one :) Is there a link that shows that the finished product will look like? It sounds very interesting!!

I am waiting impatiently for the UPS man to bring me my box from Herrschners. I love how they put the weight of the shipment on the box... I think it was almost 10lbs... so I may have gone a little overboard on this order... ooops!

Here is a pic of my spiral ghan thus far :D I really like how it's coming out. It's an easy pattern and it's from the Crochet World Afghans for Fall 2010. The pattern is Spiral Lapghan by Pauline Turner.

post-36814-135897580872_thumb.jpg

Oh, marissa, that is very pretty!:manyheart

Nema517~sounds like you will be very busy for awhile! Good luck!

I really need to get a list together. I seem to just be randomly making things just because they "call me" and I have no destination for them.:think

Welcome everyone!!!!! It is great to see so many here and participating!

I made it past the halfway point in my graphghan last night... probably closer to the 2/3rds mark! :cheer The end is in sight at last I think! I have never had one take me this long to do!

My yarn came yesterday for the 3rd afghan on my list... and my Christmas yarn arrived. A trip to AC Moore earlier this week got my the yarn for afghan #2.. and 3lbs of a gorgeous cotton ombre that I have no idea what I am going to do with!

Marisa that spiralghan is gorgeous :) Love the way it is turning out and the colors you used!

TO DO LIST:(just a start)

~Tinker Bell Fairy for Kathleen

~4 apple tawashi dishcloth sets for Matt and Jack's teachers

Forgot to share my Tinkerbell. Kathleen loved it! She almost cried.:yes

post-6187-135897581006_thumb.jpg

I definitely need to join...I need a kick in the pants like none other right now!

To do:

wool-eater ghan for DD#1 (maybe 50% finished right now)

ghan for DD#2 (16/42 squares done)

felted/applique'd 'first purse' for friend's DD

2 more amis to go in the purse (1 cat finished)

3 baby blankets

3 Christmas stockings

2 scarves

i have so many gifts to do pardon me for not listing them but suffice it to say im up to yarn above my head!

oh by the way may i join yall? :lol

somebody start the coffee pot its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

All three alien hats are going in the mail today.

I told my sister that I deserve a "World's Greatest Aunt" coffee mug for getting them done in only two days!

Oh, and she SAYS she is mailing the shirts today (I've heard that one before!)

post-23494-135897581075_thumb.jpg

:kick

Good morning all! Here is your kick in the butt for the day! I am in serious need of one myself... was doing great on this graphghan and then *poof* I put it down and that was it! I need to get it done no later than thursday I figure so I can get it washed and packaged up for Saturday!

Tralee - Your Tinkerbelle came out adorable!!!!!!

Ratdog - I love those hats!!!!!! They came out great and you are an awesome aunt! <from one awesome aunt to another!>

Archived