Let's Make Some Gifts CAL!

Alnee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am almost done with this pattern http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/2009/08/diamond-ghan-free-pattern.html I have about maybe 10 rows to finish out on it. I love the way it turns out! Very easy pattern and looks gorgeous!

Anybody have any ideas on a border that I could use? I have a book that has some and may go through it and see what I can come up with. It will give me a chance to play with a border that I would not normally get to use because it is not as decorative... open to suggestions :) I have one more to do after this one that is the same pattern so I can always change out border on that one... and hubby loves the pattern so he wants his work afghan (he does 24 hour shifts) to be done in the same pattern as well... but that is down the road!

@Nox:

There's a boy in my family who plays a lot of video games. I was thinking about doing something with Mario on it or a plushie for him, but I wasn't sure he would like it. Then he was Mario for Halloween, so I think it's safe to assume he will. :)

I am working on a Western outfit for an AG doll. I found it on Crochet pattern central.

So far I made a vest and hat. I will try and make the Guitar tonight or tomorrow and I will post a picture when it is all done.

I am slowing chipping away at my remaining projects.

Congrats to marpan79! I still haven't started my ami projects, but I have an afghan in the works which is going to be another gift eventually so it does count, right? It's a test run for the afghan I wanted to do for a mother's day present. Afghan is easy to work on when I have a moment here or a moment there. The ami projects are something that will happen over the weekends. I don't think I'll get the tree done though. :(

Everyone, keep up the good work!

I haven't got to work on anything for a while. My dh and I have 4 kids together so there is 6 of us, well my exsis/in law and her 3 babys moved in with us for a while. Our kids are 20,16,15, and 14. These kids are 6,7, and 12. They are a handful and a half. I have forgot how much work little ones are.

Thanks.

I am now working on the first of the Prayer Shawls. I am using Julee's Angel Wing Shawl pattern (but I goofed and used hdc instead of dc so it is taking me longer than one night. Oh well, it just means I am spending more time praying for the recipient so it's all good)

Here is my latest :) Finished it up tonight... Need to do one more just like it for my mother before Christmas, a lighthouse, bible verse, stockings, and a few other projects... what to do next??? :eek

post-33792-135897595047_thumb.jpg

post-33792-13589759505_thumb.jpg

i finished my mom's afghan Saturday...

i made 2 washclothes for my a niece

i made my cover up for the swap

i've started a RRNG for my stepsister for christmas/wedding gift

I've also started a butterfly wing shawl for someone...haven't decided yet

post-37461-135897595435_thumb.jpg

post-37461-135897595437_thumb.jpg

yea im stil workin on Daisy afghan #2, still need to join DS's flannel ghan n add boarder.. and I have yet to start DS#2;s christmas blanket and DD #3's blanket. I was thrown a porject by someone willing to pay me to make a blanket before christmas. thankfully it's a baby size and will be finish in no time.. Then someone else has asked I make them a queensize by christmas. JOY JOY lol

Alnee that blanket is georgeous!

anmcc - Doesn't it make you feel good - if a bit overwhelmed- when people want you to make things for them and value the work you do?

As for me, I started the second prayer shawl last night.

Sounds like everyone is making good progress!!! Only 45 more sleeps until Christmas is here!

I think I will work on getting my stockings done. I have said I was doing them for 2 years so now is the time. If I can get my set done I really would like to do a set for my sister as well... might be a little too optimistic on that one ;) Her's would be a Christmas gift for next year though so I could work on it up til the day or a little after without any problems.

I added another afghan to my list of stuff to do... YIKES!

This is the afgan for my oldest daughter. The inner pink will be a cross. I am not a pink person but she is so ill be so glad when it is done.

countrymom1,

That blanket is gorgeous. I'm not a big fan of pink myself, but the design and the stitch alone are amazing!

I have a story to tell. My 'rents and I are planning a trip to visit relatives just before x-mas. The main reason was to visit my great aunt who will be 99 on Dec. 9. However, her health is starting to take a turn and I don't know if I can give her the ami cow I was going to make her. My only idea is to make it anyway and give it to my little cousin who is about 7 years old. Is this a good idea? Is it creepy?

-Giant Granny 1/4 Done

-Ami Cow not started

-Ami Pug not started

-X-mas tree not going to do

....Bummer :(

ok I'm going to join. lol

I don't do crochet for everyone as that's the MILs' niche (she got cranky when I showed her what I made for my nephew)

but for my girls and my family I do.

Project #1 - for my Elizabeth is a ripple afghan (the Gaelic Bay by LionBrand)

Project #2 - for my Mom is the Steamwave throw (from Caron by Kim Guzman)

Project #3 - my oldest daughter, Susanne is a diamond afghan/ or a round, not sure yet - she did like the Kew Gardens by lionbrand.

Project #4 - is the From the Middle afghan from Bernat Seasons pattern book.

plus a bunch of hats and beanies for all.

@Nox: Wow, 99 years old! I say make it and see what your heart tells you. I often visualize a specific person getting whatever it is I'm making. Sometimes it's not the person I initially had in mind.

I completed my placemat and toaster cover set over the weekend. Now I'm working on the child jacket. So far I have stuck to my schedule. :) This week could break that, however, since I'm going to visit my aunt for a few days. I am taking my project with me so I can hopefully work on it a little bit while I'm there. Also, it is my first attempt at completing an intermediate level pattern. Wish me luck!

My List:

4 Dresses (3/4 completed)

1 Child Vest

1 Child Jacket

1 Adult Vest

Placemats/Toaster Cover set (5/5 completed)

1 Scarf/Hat

1 Doggy Sweater

Maybe:

Boy's Messenger Bag

2 Boy's Vests

Boy's Mario Plushie

I started the last Placemat at my son's academic team competition yesterday.

So now I have two projects in progress at once, a very rare thing for me.

I did a few more rows on the second prayer shawl. My heart breaks for these kids, losing their dad so suddenly. I will keep working on the shawl and praying for them, I hope the prayers will support them through the upcoming Holidays.

Beautiful!!!!!!!! :)

I was out of town this weekend and I went to an AC Moore... TROUBLE! They had some great yarn sales and then I had a 25% off total purchase coupon. I stocked up on some pounders for 5.99 (and then another 25% off!) and also bought a bunch of red hears pomp-a-doodle not sure what I would do with it but thinking it would be fun. After playing with it a lot I figured it out and have made up some scarfs with it. It takes a skein and about an hour to make one... so they were only about $2.81 a skein... I ended up going a bit overboard after figuring out how it worked and going back to get more! I now have probably 7 scarfs made because they are great little on the go projects (even though that is what my stockings were supposed to be!) but I love the way the turn out! I will try to post pictures. I did them a little more narrow so they could be worn decorative or you can double them over and they work great for keeping warm! I have 5 done for an order for a friend... and then several as gifts (decided to do them for my neices!) I am picked up some dollar knit gloves and am going to try to do a pomp-a-doodle finish on them to match the scarf! Super cute!!!!! :) I think I might make one in every color for myself! LOL

So much for making a dent in my to-do list! LOL

I ended up making a scarf for my nephew because the t-shirts have not arrived.

I finished the skating outfit for the AG doll, but one of the skates is a bit small so I may redo it.

I also finished th eplacemets (just need to weave in ends)

So that leaves 2 Katamari for my kids.

post-23494-135897598174_thumb.jpg

post-23494-135897598177_thumb.jpg

Archived