Let's Make Some Gifts CAL!

Alnee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I have been missing a bit! Life has been super hectic around here and it seems like I can not get the phone away from my ear long enough to crochet! Not to mention the stress level is through the roof so I am sure that my tension will be all off! LOL

Guess I need to kick it into high gear much faster than I planned to. My insurance company is trying to force me into a clinical drug trial and one of the major side effects of it is severe hand pain, sores, swelling, and open sores on the hands :( It will severly limit my hook time I imagine.

Welcome to everyone that has joined the thread... and I love seeing the pictures of everyone's finished products or WIPs! I am about halfway done with my diamond ghan right now... need to get another pounder I think to do the border on it... and pick out the border!

I'm still working on my ghans :D I think I've decided on patterns for my older 2 nephews (4 and 6) and need to pick up more yarn for the youngest's spiral ghan (age 2). Tonight I'm going to work on my sister's graph ghan. :whew So much to do, so little time!! Work really gets in the way of my crochet time :think

which patterns are you going to do for the older 2? i have quite of few boys in my life that i would like to make ghan's for...just not sure what pattern would be the best...especially since i am an extreme beginner!!

which patterns are you going to do for the older 2? i have quite of few boys in my life that i would like to make ghan's for...just not sure what pattern would be the best...especially since i am an extreme beginner!!

what age are you looking for? i did a rr in spiderman colors and one in batman colors for my nephews that were 3 & 5 they loved them.

For the 6 year old, I think I'm using the Persian Tiles pattern by Kathleen Garen from the fall 2010 Crochet World Afghans magazine in orange and probably brown. Orange is his favorite color so I'll have to see what goes well with it :think

For the 4 year old, I'm thinking the Granny Goes Straight pattern by Janie Herrin in a greens and a contrast. it's from the book 100 Afghans to Knit and Crochet by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss. Either that one or a RR :think

The 2 year old is getting the spiral afghan in a solid blue with a varigated blue.

well i've started my third and final mother;s day afghan...well restarted...

this is the first foot...i'm using the tried and true super simple pattern...thought i think the next ghan i make will be a different one...

this is vanna's choice in dusty rose, light sage and chocolate

post-37461-135897589034_thumb.jpg

I'm still here...got sidetracked finishing an afghan for a charity auction, and am now working on a baby afghan for a baby due at the beginning of December. Did manage to finish two pair of slippers, a hat & cowl set, and one set of potholders. So I'm still chuggin away!

Anyone got a spare :kick laying around? I am so far behind the schedule I need to be on to get my projects done. I am almost thinking at this rate I am going to have to start taking things off my list or thinking up alternate gift options! :thair

I have been working on my afghan but just feel like I am getting nowhere with it! The last couple I have done have been graphs so I could at least see the progress I was making... this one is a repeating pattern and I think I am getting bored!

I have almost all the starters made for one of the stockings... the yarn I ordered is a little finer than what I am used to working with so rather than using an H hook and being able to do 3 rounds for each square I am having to use an F hook and do about twice as many squares!

I am struggling to come up with the color sequence on this set because of it being 5 stockings!

Here are the photos of my progress. The first is of a single finished square, the second is the blanket pieces laid out to give you an idea of what the finished blanket will look like.

I have to add the white edge to about half the black and yellow pieces then join the whole blanket and border the whole thing. I hope I have enough yarn.

post-23494-135897590852_thumb.jpg

post-23494-135897590855_thumb.jpg

I know it's already Halloween, but I have a few gifts I need to do. I was reading the other posts and I am in awe of what many of the wonderful crocheters on this site will take on- all at once! I think I can have mine done by Christmas time..

I have a ami cow,

an ami pug,

a little Christmas tree (by Thanksgiving time),

and a giant granny 'ghan (by Mother's Day- lol I know that's way far away)

I would love to get an afghan done by Father's Day but I'm not sure how long the giant granny is gonna take. I have yet to complete any sort of blanket! :faint

I know it's already Halloween, but I have a few gifts I need to do. I was reading the other posts and I am in awe of what many of the wonderful crocheters on this site will take on- all at once! I think I can have mine done by Christmas time..

I have a ami cow,

an ami pug,

a little Christmas tree (by Thanksgiving time),

and a giant granny 'ghan (by Mother's Day- lol I know that's way far away)

I would love to get an afghan done by Father's Day but I'm not sure how long the giant granny is gonna take. I have yet to complete any sort of blanket! :faint

Of course you can join :welcome

My list doesn't seem to be moving :( Esp not lately :no

Come on in Nox! Glad to have you!

I have a feeling we will see more and more new people in this thread as the holidays approach! I know that today I am making a big ole trip to AC Moore to pick up more yarn to finish my diamond afghan... and apparently get more of the same color to make the same afghan for my mother who is now demanding one! LOL

The holidays are approaching too quickly and I need to get moving :kick

I NEED to do 3 afghans for my nephews if nothing else :lol 1 is about 3/4 done and I have a vision for the oldest one's and got the first square out of the way this week. I also have my sisters graph ghan going, which if I don't get finished in time, will send it when it is done :lol It's the kids projects I'm most worried about :yes I do have all the yarn ready to go though and waiting for me :D

I finished all 12 squares for my nephew's afghan. Now I just have to assemble them and add a border. I might get it done this weekend.

I emailed my sister again last night about the t-shirts for my other nephew's blanket. If I don't get them soon my nephew will end up with a gift card for Christmas instead of a blanket.

Everyone's projects look great. I'm finally getting some work done,too. I finished another one of the Rows O Ruffles dresses for my niece. (Pic in Show and Tell) I also received the extra yarn I had to order for a vest. I have everything lined up for the next few projects and scheduled everything on my calendar. Now if only I can stick to it I might be able to get most of my projects done on time. ;) My list has changed too.

My List:

4 Dresses (3/4 completed)

1 Child Vest

1 Child Jacket

1 Adult Vest

Placemats/Toaster Cover set (1/5 completed)

1 Scarf/Hat

1 Doggy Sweater

Maybe:

Boy's Messenger Bag

2 Boy's Vests

Boy's Mario Plushie

Everyone's projects look great. I'm finally getting some work done,too. I finished another one of the Rows O Ruffles dresses for my niece. (Pic in Show and Tell) I also received the extra yarn I had to order for a vest. I have everything lined up for the next few projects and scheduled everything on my calendar. Now if only I can stick to it I might be able to get most of my projects done on time. ;) My list has changed too.

My List:

4 Dresses (3/4 completed)

1 Child Vest

1 Child Jacket

1 Adult Vest

Placemats/Toaster Cover set (1/5 completed)

1 Scarf/Hat

1 Doggy Sweater

Maybe:

Boy's Messenger Bag

2 Boy's Vests

Boy's Mario Plushie

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I'm pretty excited about sharing my projects with people. I just wanted to say that I officially have all of my patterns and I can sit down and start working on them when I get a chance. I want to do each of the smaller projects in one go so I will have to wait for the weekends.

I thought I would mention to Nema517 that your Mario plushie idea sounds awesome! Do you know who it's going to?

Archived