In August I will

fc1123

Thanks Leanne. I was going to do some crocheting right now but am exhausted from doing laundry had to go in and out of my apt to go to the next building where the laundry room is and it is so hot outside that I am simply tired. Please pray for some rain Michigan needs it. I now have no energy to crochet and this week working on the closet in the apt before I start school in 3 weeks hard to believe that school for me is almost starting not nervous just need to get my studying habits in place and then after I manage my studies I am going to look for work.

I hope you get your mojo back Faith :hookand good luck with closet cleaning in that heat!:blush The last three weeks of your holiday from studying will go so fast you will be back at it in no time:eek...but I am sure it will be worth it when it comes to getting yourself a good job. :clapYou are amazing going to college full time with three children!:cheer

I have finished a pram blanket in pink and yellow and made some six inch granny squares but I don't have pictures yet. I have also frogged 4 projects for the yarn which shortened my list a bit! :DI decided I was sick of making self patterning yarn into scarves and my Mum and I don't need a bag for anything so I sat with scissors (and my MP3 player for comfort) the other night and FROGGED!!!:lol Sometimes ripping things out is kind of fun!!!:devil

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only got 2 rows of the ripple baby blanket finished yesterday. I spent time with my grandmother and my aunt and then went shopping. By the time I got home, I was pretty exhausted so not much done, but I had a great day =)

I will post pictures later but I finished three sets of scrubbies and poofs from the August Crochet World.

I think I will make a fourth and that will take care of two nieces for their birthdays and two others for Christmas (I will add a Bath and Bodyworks gift card to each set).

WTG, RatDog!:cheer

Lindsey - sometimes :frog:frog is more productive, in that you don't have unwanted or unexciting WIP's hanging about, and now yoiu have some nice yarn to play with!:cheer

Faith - I agree with Lindsey... :nworthy for college and 3 DK's!

Janet - :welcome to Crochetville, and the CAL!

BarbaraAnne - your day sounds just :c9! so glad you got to enjoy time with your family:tup

Leslie - when are you headed out on your trip?

I spent way more than my hour yesterday... and it felt great! I will be finishing up my sis' birthday afghan today:clap:clap

Have a great day everyone!

Here is the vest (I wore it to dinner with jeans and a white t-shirt the other night) -

The pattern is from Annie's Attic.

And the scrubbie sets. (I took off the last round of the yellow and natural color poof because the red one just felt like it was too big and would be too heavy wet and would take forever to dry)

post-23494-135897561262_thumb.jpg

post-23494-135897561266_thumb.jpg

We are leaving on the 19th. Class starts the 23rd so that gives us an easy 4 days to get there. That way if we see something we want to check out we have time. I enjoy the drive out. I can :crocheting to may hearts content and not feel guilty about not getting other things done.

Well, I took the afghan I am working on for my hubby for Christmas on our trip to NJ and back.... I was able to get about 1/2 of it done.... today I made the sweetest little angels to take to the nursing home..after I wade through the dishes I'll pull the afghan out again.... its way too hot to work on during the day!

well got some of that mojo back I finally cleaned the majority of the closet now I can find my clothes and I discovered my fiance has more underwear then I do and they say women have more clothes then men well I beg to differ because my fiance has a lot more clothes then I do all I have is more sweaters then him. Other than that he has more then I do. I did work on his keyboard cover. Though I asked him to lift things out of the closet I guess that meant he had to bring it to the livingroom and leave it on the floor. He said to me I'm bored I said go through these boxes and get rid of things you don't need and get rid of these three vacuum cleaners and if one works keep the one that works and get rid of the other two. I tell you he only half listens to me.

I finished my sister's birthday present. it's an original design:

today, I will get back to finishing my lace and bobbles.

...hoping everyone is doing well!

What a gorgeous blanket! I love sunflowers!:D

Well done LeaAnn and Lindsay :cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm bad, I added to my list instead of making it shorter, I started a shrug for myself ;) I'm about half way through it as I've had a couple of sleepless nights.

post-14036-135897561727_thumb.jpg

well I finished the block scarf I was working on last week. I made a lot of squares putting it together went along a lot faster than I thought it would. I'm still working on the keyboard cover I have about 38 inches to go and I will be done though it seems to be taking me forever.

:lolsure, RatDog! I'll meet you at the Woburn Mall! :rofl

thanks, everybody for the nice words... I will be giving it to her tonight. I am headed to her house for a sleepover:jumpyay

have a great weekend, everybody, and Keep on Stitchin'!

You are all making such great progress, and the projects are beautiful!

My August has fallen apart for actual crocheting. I was planning to get a lot done this coming Mon-Tue (my days off), but for good or ill I stumbled on a spectacular I Love This Yarn clearance at Hobby Lobby. I spent ALL my budgeted Christmas me-money, and cleared out the bins. I got So Much Yarn! Bags and bags of it. I am going to have to spend Monday and Tuesday totally regrouping on storage and organization, and my stash is beginning to look demonic, but I'm calling it "retirement investment."

So, nothing more done, and the projects will be put aside temporarily until I get swatches made for the 15 or 16 new colors.

At least I know what I'll be doing in September. The same things I should have been doing in August.

Wow, everyone has been so productive! I love the sunflower blanket. And I adore the fuzzy yarn worked into another lovely pram blanket, Lindsay. And I only dream of being able to make such a beautiful shrug. I like hanging around this CAL!

Here is the scarf I was supposed to have done a week ago. It's going to a friend that is moving from Phoenix to Great Falls, MT. I'll bet she's cold already! I found the pattern when I clicked a blog, and then a link to another, etc.. The person called it the "scarf stitch". It's kind of wobbly on the edges. I don't know if it's a pattern flaw, or a user error!

post-13802-135897562625_thumb.jpg

post-13802-135897562635_thumb.jpg

Nice scarf! I like the stitch... it's very pretty!

I didn't get to do any :crocheting today. :xfin I will catch the extra time up tomorrow.

...off to get the next thing on my list checked: join the charity CAL!

well still working on the keyboard cover not doing much progressing for this month so far. My brain just isn't there like it should be. I have a little bit of mojo there but it comes and go.

Archived