In August I will

fc1123

This is lovely!:D I love crocheted garmets because I know I could never in a million years make any!:lol So sweet for a baby girl!:manyheart Also it is nice to see a fellow UKer *waves hello* :clap

Hi Lindsay and thank you :) you could deffo make this cardi though it really is a simple pattern.

You boys pram blanket is very nice :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice projects, girls!

I like the pram blankie!

I am keeping on track of 1 hour/day, but it just doesn't seem like enough, you know? :lol

Well.... back to it!!! have a wonderful day, everyone! :c9

Great job on keeping up with an hour a day!!

lindsay I really like the window box look to your pram, I never thought of doing that kind of fringe before.

the cardi is very cute! Thanks for the link, I am thinking about reaching out and attempting something like that.

I went to Joann's to get a red pounder for my next project but I came home and the soft green was calling my name. So I automatically grabbed it and started another v-stitch....LOL! I don't know why I do these things.

yeah that was my problem yesterday went to Joann's and Caron came out with this sparkly yarn and I couldn't resist so I bought it so I can make hair scrunchie's with it.

The shrug is almost done. I have 1 1/2 rounds to do on the collar and it is finished. I should be able to do that today. I think I'll work on one of the strips for the MAM when I finish up the shrug.

1. Do 3 more strips on the brown and white MAM.

2. Do 11 more rows on the Rich Reflections afghan.

3. Do 5 Circle of Friends squares in shades of rose for Around the World Afghan.

4. Finish shrug for me. 7/8 done

5. Finish scarf I started and make hat to go with it for charity.

6. Work on some more 2-stranders to use up left over yarn.

Also on the list, gather up and organize all straying crochet tools, Hooks, yarn bobs, needles, hooks, scissors, hooks, etc. Done

In August I will:

:yarn Work every Sunday on my counted cross-stitch Christmas stocking that I "didn't" finish in July! :blush

:yarn Finish the granny square afghan I am making for our wonderful veterans so I can mail it out (and the other 2 I've made) Labor Day weekend.

:yarn Attend the Drum Corps International World Finals in Indianapolis to watch my daughter play! (I know...not craft related, but I'm so excited to be going!!) :yes

Let's see..

1. finish hubby's Christmas afghan

2. finish oldest son & daughter in law's Christmas afghan

3. crochet 50 tiny butterflies for a charity project ( these take less then 5 minutes to do easy peasy)

4. finish at least one cross stitch project

5. Finish a few more baby things and mail off by Aug 31 ( I wanted to do this in June)

6. 1 WIP finished

7. one ami finished that I started

8. tabasco jar cover

I'm pretty new to Crochetville and just stumbled across this thread. Better late than never. My August projects:

Baby afghan 1 - for a baby shower on the 14th. Just finished.

Baby afghan 2 - for a friend's new granddaughter - just started

Baby afghan 3 - for charity - almost half done

Lapghan - for co-worker leaving in December. Want to get a start on it.

The first two are round ripples and will be alike; I need to pick up another skein of blue tomorrow before I can do much more on the second one.

The lapghan is a project I'm dreading. I asked my co-worker what color she liked. Why do I ask? Brown. My very least favorite color in the known galaxy. I brought in a book of squares for her to choose a pattern. She chose one, the very one, that when I bought the book I thought "how very, very boring that one is." Sigh. So a boring pattern in boring brown with just a little green - not nearly enough green to redeem the brown in my opinion. I MUST do some of this every month. I don't think I could stand it all in one go.

And those are my August ambitions.

:welcome to the 'ville, ddc! where in LA are you? I will :cheer for you for that :yuck brown 'ghan!

Lindsay - love your scarves!

Holly - wtg on the Veteran's Ghans!

RatDog - did you play with the EdgeryDoo today? how do you like it?

Faith - How's the mojo????

Leslie - when are you headed out for ND? You got lots of :crocheting done the last time, right?

:waving BarbaraAnne, Smith, Mary and Kookaloo!

I have spent my hour plus today, but have nothing to show for it... I played around with squares, and didn't like any of them for my project. Oh well, at least I know what i Don't want, right?:lol

Have a wonderful night, all...

LeAnne - squares? I know a really Boring one that will look really Boring in brown! But I can't honestly recommend it.

I'm from Shreveport, northwest corner of the state, 3 hours due east of Dallas, so spared the oil and the hurricanes, if not the heat.

:welcome to the 'ville, ddc! where in LA are you? I will :cheer for you for that :yuck brown 'ghan!

Lindsay - love your scarves!

Holly - wtg on the Veteran's Ghans!

RatDog - did you play with the EdgeryDoo today? how do you like it?

Faith - How's the mojo????

Leslie - when are you headed out for ND? You got lots of :crocheting done the last time, right?

:waving BarbaraAnne, Smith, Mary and Kookaloo!

I have spent my hour plus today, but have nothing to show for it... I played around with squares, and didn't like any of them for my project. Oh well, at least I know what i Don't want, right?:lol

Have a wonderful night, all...

Well the mojo is coming back a little bit everyday. Though need more of it before school starts for me which is in 22 days.

Good morning:D it's 6.33 and I've waved the hubmeister off to work, hung laundry out to dry and now its time to get back to that ripple! I avoided it all weekend to do some sewing instead.

Good morning:D it's 6.33 and I've waved the hubmeister off to work, hung laundry out to dry and now its time to get back to that ripple! I avoided it all weekend to do some sewing instead.

Sometimes you just need a crochet break! :D

We have company this week and my sister has not sent the shirts yet, so the edgery doo will have to wait a while longer. I need to make a punch mat for it first.

I did finish another tawashi scrubbie thingy yesterday (just have to weave in the ends.)

One more shower poof and I am done with birthday gifts for my sister's three kids.

Then it is on to the sock monkey scarf and a few things for my son (september list I think)

Lea Anne, I can't believe you remember from the last time I went to ND. Yep, I really did get a lot done in the car on the way out and back. Hey when you are riding for 10 hours a day with nothing else to do I can get a lot done. :lol

I finished the shrug yesterday and wove in the ends. It's ready to go, just needs to be washed and blocked. It came out pretty nice. I got one more square done for the ATW. That's about all for now as it is stinking hot again today and I have to head for the barn to train horses.

1. Do 3 more strips on the brown and white MAM.

2. Do 11 more rows on the Rich Reflections afghan.

3. Do 5 Circle of Friends squares in shades of rose for Around the World Afghan. 1 Done

4. Finish shrug for me. Done

5. Finish scarf I started and make hat to go with it for charity.

6. Work on some more 2-stranders to use up left over yarn.

Also on the list, gather up and organize all straying crochet tools, Hooks, yarn bobs, needles, hooks, scissors, hooks, etc. Done

Leslie - your trip left an impression... I thought it was so cool, that you and DH do what you do. Anyway, I hope you have a great trip this time out! and WTG on finishing something for YOU!

RatDog - enjoy your company, and let us know about that EdgeryDoo.

Donna - nice to meet you!

I am about to sit <finally> and do my crocheting... It's really gross outside. Heat. Humidity. Yuck.

Well today did some crocheting I think I got a little bit of the mojo back because I was working on the keyboard cover for well over 2 hrs. But now it has left again until later this evening because the humidity here is bad and it is really hot outside.

:cheer WTG, Faith!

Thanks Leanne. I was going to do some crocheting right now but am exhausted from doing laundry had to go in and out of my apt to go to the next building where the laundry room is and it is so hot outside that I am simply tired. Please pray for some rain Michigan needs it. I now have no energy to crochet and this week working on the closet in the apt before I start school in 3 weeks hard to believe that school for me is almost starting not nervous just need to get my studying habits in place and then after I manage my studies I am going to look for work.

I have 3 goals for August.

1) Finish Bucs Graph Blanket for my brother's Christmas gift

2) Make baby blanket(s) to donate to church for "Silent Siege" gift bags

3) Practice knitting (Just started learning)

I went out of town for the weekend, which is why I haven't posted. I wrote out more of my chart stitches to work on, but didn't get any crocheting done on the Bucs today.

I did start a ripple baby blanket on my trip and have it about 1/4 completed, maybe slightly more than that. I did most of it while sitting in the backseat of the car on our 10 hour drive, until it got too dark.

I haven't attempted any more knitting yet this month since I first started practicing casting on and doing knit stitches.

I did have a terrific trip though. I went up to TN to visit my brothers and my nieces and my sister-in-law. I traveled with my mom, my stepdad and my son. We were having a big birthday party for my 2 yr old niece, my 15 yr old son, my 66 yr old stepdad and my baby brother's 20 yr old girlfriend. So many August birthdays! I only wish that my husband would have gone up with us, but he had to work, maybe next year =)

well I did a little work on the keyboard cover but again losing that crochet mojo and I still need to clean the closet and organize it but just feeling so tired. I keep wondering where did my mojo go?

New here, but here goes for August crochet:

beret for sister

beanie for nephew

slippers for niece

tiny bear for sister-in-law

toy troll for me

(knitted - long term project) alpaca jumper for spouse

Wish me luck!

Archived