In August I will

fc1123

Okay this is an ongoing cal this is projects you want to complete in August and if your cameras work we want to see pictures of your finished projects.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I August I will....

Finish My July List...:lol

* pink nine patch preemie (still)

* dc/sc which is STILL in the works

* lacy shell lapghan, tan variegated finished 8-1-10

* dk blue/crm granny lapghan finished 8-1-10

* red lapghan for resident

* dk blue lacy shell lapgan to finish

And when I finish the above I would like to do the following just for me!!!

* spa afghan in deep purple (have the yarn and pattern, must finish above list and not start new large project, scarves and granny squares are okay )

* rectangle dresser scarf

* yellow cotton daisy filet afghan (found perfect color soft yellow yarn)

1. *Done* Finish & Photograph My Last Blanket of July. Here
  2. Started Start The 2 Black & Beige Blankets For The Living Room. Started 1
  3. *Skip This* I don't feel like it :-) Do Some More Work On My Latch Hook Rug Kit.
  4. *Done* I'm only making one as they are getting boring! :-)Make Some Scarves With Self Patterning Wool.One
  5. *Done* Use Up Some Scrap Wool For Granny Squares.Batch 1 and Batch 2
  6. *Skip This* I don't feel like it :-)Make Batches of 6 Granny and Corner Squares.
  7. *Skip This* I don't feel like it :-)Make Batches Into Strips For Blankets.
  8. *Skip This* I don't feel like it :-)Make Strips Into Blankets Adult Lap Sized Blankets.
  9. *Skip This*I Frogged It Instead! :-)Make A Bag From Mum's Cotton Granny Square.
  10. *Done* Picture Coming Soon! Finish Giant Granny Pram Blanket In Pink & Lemon. WIP Here
  11. *Done* Make Two Scarves With Fur Scrap Squares. Here

Happy Crocheting For August Everyone!!!:)***I didn't do very well this month and I am taking a break from this CAL until I feel a bit happier! Good Luck to everyone else! ***

I need to finish a scarf for a friend that got a new job in Great Falls, Montana! That's quite a change from Arizona! But she leaves next Friday, so I need to get going! I started a scarf and didn't like the pattern, so I started a different one! Ack. Which one should I do? That is what is holding me up! I brought them both to work today to get some voves!

I need to finish a scarf for a friend that got a new job in Great Falls, Montana! That's quite a change from Arizona! But she leaves next Friday, so I need to get going! I started a scarf and didn't like the pattern, so I started a different one! Ack. Which one should I do? That is what is holding me up! I brought them both to work today to get some voves!

goodness you need an extra wide one to cover the head and around the neck....the wind and blowing snow is a killer!

Well, maybe the scarf I am making will end up being her "summer scarf"! The first pattern got the most "votes" even though the second one would have been warmer. Gotta get busy this weekend.

*complete a baby gingham blanket with butterfly motifs -pink/yellow

*complete a personalised baby blanket with heart graph squares that I am doing with some friends

*Complete a shell scarf that has been shelved for other projects

*Some squares for the friendship-ghan cal

*Start on Angel afghan (christmas present)

I haven't joined in here for a while but I'm back :clap

In August I will:

FINISH the blue ripple blanket

Make two hats for charity project, 1 boy, 1 girl

Make a baby present for my sons friend who is due in August :clap

I've been absent a while too. My crochet life is getting chaotic. :eek I need to get some organization and a few goals, :blush so here is my list. I decided to be more specific about what I wanted to do instead of just saying finish. This way I might actually get something done. :lol

1. Do 3 more strips on the brown and white MAM.

2. Do 11 more rows on the Rich Reflections afghan.

3. Do 5 Circle of Friends squares in shades of rose for Around the World Afghan.

4. Finish shrug for me.

5. Finish scarf I started and make hat to go with it for charity.

6. Work on some more 2-stranders to use up left over yarn.

Also on the list, gather up and organize all straying crochet tools, Hooks, yarn bobs, needles, hooks, scissors, hooks, etc.

I will finish up at least two washcloths

Frame the redwork gift and get it wrapped (Christmas gift project) 8/2 Easier to do than I thought!

Weave the ends in on the crochet golf club covers (finally hehe, also Christmas gift project) 8/2

Cut and sew the hair towels

Might be back with more, I can't remember what I'm working on haha

I haven't joined one of these in soooo long! but, I would like to, so here goes...

In August, I will:

Crochet for at least 1 hour a day. EVERY day!

I have a lot of projects to finish:eek (and start:lol), and not making time is not getting any of them done!

so, that's my goal, and I am stickin' to it! :wink:tup

oh, and I will share pics for sure!

Thanks, Faith, for keeping this going each month!:hug

I haven't joined one of these in soooo long! but, I would like to, so here goes...

In August, I will:

Crochet for at least 1 hour a day. EVERY day!

I have a lot of projects to finish:eek (and start:lol), and not making time is not getting any of them done!

so, that's my goal, and I am stickin' to it! :wink:tup

oh, and I will share pics for sure!

Thanks, Faith, for keeping this going each month!:hug

Your welcome I will try my best to have other people keep it going for me a month from now when school starts. I will be able to do September's Cal not October-November.

The schools here in Michigan start in Sept after Labor Day. My girls are going into 5,4, and 2nd grade. School starts for me August 30th I am going back to college to be a Special Education Teacher.

I have 3 goals for August.

1) Finish Bucs Graph Blanket for my brother's Christmas gift

2) Make baby blanket(s) to donate to church for "Silent Siege" gift bags

3) Practice knitting (Just started learning)

Well, I actuallyaccomplished a couple of things already. I went and got the organizing over with. Now I can actually find things. It's amazing how many crochet hooks you have when you start gathering them up. :lol

I also managed to get about half of my shrug done. A friend wants one for herself and I wanted to get mine to the point so she could try it on. She is bigger than I am and I am going to have to adjust the pattern.

1. Do 3 more strips on the brown and white MAM.

2. Do 11 more rows on the Rich Reflections afghan.

3. Do 5 Circle of Friends squares in shades of rose for Around the World Afghan.

4. Finish shrug for me. 1/2 done

5. Finish scarf I started and make hat to go with it for charity.

6. Work on some more 2-stranders to use up left over yarn.

Also on the list, gather up and organize all straying crochet tools, Hooks, yarn bobs, needles, hooks, scissors, hooks, etc. Done

The schools here in Michigan start in Sept after Labor Day. My girls are going into 5,4, and 2nd grade. School starts for me August 30th I am going back to college to be a Special Education Teacher.

hey! that is Awesome! Congratulations!:yay:hug

I August I will....

Finish My July List...:lol

* pink nine patch preemie (still)

* dc/sc which is STILL in the works

* lacy shell lapghan, tan varigated finished 8-1-10

* dk blue/crm granny lapghan finished 8-1-10

* red lapghan for resident

* dk blue lacy shell lapgan to finish

yea finished 2 off my list, ends tucked this morning!!!

Nice 'ghans, Smith! :clap:clap

i did it! I crocheted for 1 hour today! Yipppppeeeeee! ...now it's back to laundry. Ugh.:blush:lol

Have a great night, all! :U

Yeah Leanne you crocheted for an hour. :yay

well here's my list for August:

1. finish beret
  2. finish shawl
  3. finish dishcloth
  4. finish earrings
  5. finish shawl
  6. make another scarf
  7. finish keyboard cover

well, guess what?

That first hour was so much fun, I did another one! :lol

My hands are a little stiff from not doing enough crocheting... that'll teach me! Anyhow, it sure was great!

Wow, you guys are going to town. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I had a busy weekend (again) with stuff relating to my animal shelter volunteering, so stitching was very limited! Not sure the scarf will be done by Friday...ack!

Archived